ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

I need some info!!!?!!?! Please help!

Pazz

Hello guys n gals, yes I created an account just to

Ask a question..

I have a couple Old school minitrucks and we are

Looking to use old school parts for our builds..

Long story short..

I need custom 7 foot neon tubes to set up on my truck

It is a 12 volt setup I have had lots of old prefab kits

That come with the 12v-to-3000 to 4 tubes (2) 36inches

(2)48 inches..

But I'm wanting to have the entire side of the truck lit instead

To just a 4 foot section in the middle..

Now for the questions..

Can a decent neon sign shop build me these tubes to use on a

12volt setup?

Is there anything special needed?

Being that I'm doing just straight tubes what would be a ok price?

Can I do something to make the tubes more secure? Or safe from

Breaking?

Any other information or suggestions please don't hesitate.

• !llumenati

There is nothing special about the neon tubes for a 12v system. The power supply takes that responsibility. Only way to "protect" the neon tubes is to sleeve them in a polycarb tube - but to easily do that the electrodes need to be welded on straight - and your layout might/might not allow for that and still look nice. Either way - use good, legal boots to cover the splice on the electrodes to protect from any shorts/sparks, etc. Figure out a way to close off the end of the poly tube to keep bugs, water, etc out of the poly tube. You might use shrink tube, or even easier if your neon guy can find a housing boot that would fit over your poly tube securely. Use good GTO cable and not just some wire you have laying around. Using 12v - you could animate the tubes relatively easy if tht was your choosing. Find a good tube bender to help you with suggestions, and the glasswork. Remember, cheap is not alwaays good.

gn

Hey guys thanks for the quick replys!

I deffintaly understand that you get what you pay for .

Isn't there a plastic protective thing with end caps that will

Alow for the wires to connect to the boots??

• !llumenati

I have no idea what you are speaking of. The traditional neon does Not get housed in a poly tube. There are legal caps and boots for the electrode and wires which goes over the trode - however there is no plastic cap, designed for neon, tht would go over the poly tube, having been designed for that. Find the neon guy and he can help you out........

gn

Ya the classic look of neon is exactly what I'm looking for.

I have an old school minitruck and i will de running mostly

OG parts.. It's harder but easy is for chumps

• Board Patron

Spoken like a man with money in his pocket. Give me a call, we'll get you hooked up pronto. By the way if installed by morons Neon or LED's are visible when the glowing monster goes by. Continuity of glow would also be a good consideration to keep in mind as long as cost is not an issue.