ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Neon Industry Boom

Well, in the last couple of weeks I've seen a big boom/surge in Neon Inquiries, sales, and Sign Wholesale shops returning to the Neon Sector.

Now they just have to wait and see if there are component manufacturers out there who can support and have products available for them to produce these signs.

The biggest setback I get is, "well...we built the sign already and processed the Neon...but didn't know there were a shortage on materials to finish the job"

Yep!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

The spring tube supports are really hard to find! Damn those are the best!

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

The spring tube supports are really hard to find! Damn those are the best!

Brian, which tube supports are you talking about? EGL Grabits? The old metal Transco? Those were the only spring loaded I am familiar with.

I've honestly gone to to the FMS glass with silicone-dipped tips for everything these days. Even interior. They are inexpensive, listed, last forever, and the neon doesn't slip/rotate.

I don't remember what the price difference is in tube supports it used to be quite a difference for us so we used to just pre coat our own with silicone.

One big things on shortage are housings, PK to 100's & 200's. The thick glass or ceramic housings not the cheap thin wall stuff.

Transformers.

Glass stock and shortage or reproduction.

Silicone GTO

Tube supports (Clear Vue's, etc)

If you have a supplier who has plenty in stock then you're lucky. Most of the time there is no communication between supplier and manufacturer and this causes the well to dry up, and in turn it makes everything harder on the manufacturer to reproduce at a decent cost or have more made in a timely manner

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

I've got a pallet load of new neon components sitting in my storage unit. Some 13,000 glass tube supports in 1.75, 3.5 and 5" sizes. Some of the 1.75" models are pre-wired and silicone dipped in boxes of 500.

Also have glass and porcelain housings: 100pcs #100's, 285pcs #200's, 200pcs #200P's, 870pcs #300's, 222pcs Transco D2's, 150pcs D2 special's (start/end of circuit). There are also some porcelain insulators and federal bushings in there.

I can be reached at 902-384-2287 or email signshack@outlook.com Located in Halifax, Nova Scotia.

Thanks

Jean-Claude

Neon is dead here but thats typical for the time of year. Luckily we still have enough bits that it should last a little while. If this fall and winter is like last year we may be out of most stuff by next summer. Except the caps that go on the back of glass housings, have 1000s of those.

Hopefully the manufactures or the dealers don't price gouge on the neon parts.