ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Made in the "good ole--------China?"

imanut

• !llumenati

Anyone seen the newer McDonalds quality signs--- proudly displaying a "Made in China" sticker, but no UL label? Maybe they just forgot it? Since Everbrite has been around, and bought out Fluoresco signs - I just assumed their stuff was Made in the USA ---- guess not.

• Board Patron

do they look like thispost-2899-0-28064300-1417737033.jpg

63 foot Elliott v60

50 foot 8 ton crane/auger

Skid steer with forks and dirt bucket

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

Just did some repairs for a friend that owns a bunch of gas stations. I won't mention the name. It seems all the trim cap came off the channel letters. These were about 2 years old. Made in Germany. They had 3/4" flimsy trim cap and it just peeled off. He tried to get the national, branded gas supplier to let me build his. They sent a qualifier questionnaire and there was no way I could qualify. But yet the type of stuff I repaired was being shipped all over the USA.

• !llumenati

Yes....McDonalds signs are being built in China. And other national Franchises also.

I was watching TV the other night and Ford Motors has a Big Commercial advertising the New Ford China Partnership.

• Board Patron

I was curious about this as my position on "Made in China" is firmly on record.

Did Mcdonald's purchase these signs directly from a Chinese firm or are these signs sub-contracted by an American based company to China?

Either way, they probably were fabricated in one of their child labor factories under strict standards imposed by the USA............yeah right.

Best

"Don't be afraid to see what you see" - President Ronald Reagan

I think there is serious need for educating customers here, they just don't see the difference and you cant beat the price so why not?

We had a local retailer contact us to install a sign they bought in China and we passed on it, not wanting to have anything to do with the many potential problems - it had a plastic raceway for starters. Drove by the other day and saw it up, with wiring daisy chained across the raceway sections through holes on top. I have no idea how they got landlord or permit approval for it. From 30' back though it looks fine for now and they are happy with it so its hard to convince them that they should have paid twice as much.

• Board Patron

I think there is serious need for educating customers here, they just don't see the difference and you cant beat the price so why not?

We had a local retailer contact us to install a sign they bought in China and we passed on it, not wanting to have anything to do with the many potential problems - it had a plastic raceway for starters. Drove by the other day and saw it up, with wiring daisy chained across the raceway sections through holes on top. I have no idea how they got landlord or permit approval for it. From 30' back though it looks fine for now and they are happy with it so its hard to convince them that they should have paid twice as much.

Agreed.......

Kinda like the argument about stopping the proliferation of drugs. Do you blame the drug dealer or the drug user. Both are complicit in the spread of the poison.

The Chinese are glad to produce every manner of junk if we are willing to buy it. I was thinking of getting out of the electrical business and going into selling fake Rolex watches. Hell I can make them for pennies on the dollar and sell them for a couple of thousand dollars less than the real thing. So who who cares if the watch was made in Vienna (or wherever Rolex is) or Beijing. Money first and everything else second.

Heck, why not go for the jewel of Germany next, you know, Porsche. What is the difference between making them by German craftsmen in Stuttgart or Chinese children in Kowloon?

But you are right.............money trumps everything nowadays. I don't see how education can trump this.

Best

"Don't be afraid to see what you see" - President Ronald Reagan