ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Jet Lite Neon

Ran across this unit at a local neon shop. It brought back memories. It's from the Jet Lite Corporation, Highland, IL. Now out of Business.

My Father helped set up their first neon plant to make these around 68-69. Later on the units where coiled in Highland and we would transport them to our neon shop where my Dad made the final bends (the only steps that really required a proficient tube bender) and then pump the units (which was my job). When I was 15 I literally pumped hundreds and hundreds of these.

Obviously they were the precursor to the coiled fluorescent bulb. These just never caught on big. Used mainly as outdoor lighting. Fixture was large because of transformer. If I find a picture of them I will send it along. Most of the units where white or blue. Very few red ones where made.

post-4478-0-82858900-1427729420.jpg

post-4478-0-18118400-1427729497.jpg

• !llumenati

Oh man, memories. I remember those, repairing them. Not many red ones at all. The close coils brought lots and lots of bugs, possibly from the good amount of corona?

• 7 years later...

My Grandfather was John Kutz Sr. His company was Jet-lite. I’ve been searching local neon shops for any jet-lites. My uncles hooked me up with one, that said I’d be interested in finding more if they are still around.

• Like 1

Jake, Good to hear from you. I met your grandfather a few times when I was a teenager. Went to high school in Highland in 1970-71. I have searched and been unable to find any information on Jetlite on the Internet, perhaps you can provide a Wikipedia page or something. It seems a shame that an in-ovation like this is not acknowledged on line somewhere. As shown earlier in this thread I found two of these lights, both green, on ebay. They were still in the boxes from a Holiday Inn in Paducah Ky.  Thanks for searching this out, Dave

• 2 months later...