ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

A Thought

It seems like this forum is turning out to be a home for more and more Electric sign and cnc people compared to other sign sites. Or am I :freak: and :crazy: and :crazy_pilot:

If so it may have found it's uniqueness

:beer:

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

It seems like this forum is turning out to be a home for more and more Electric sign and cnc people compared to other sign sites. Or am I :freak: and :crazy: and :crazy_pilot:

If so it may have found it's uniqueness

:beer:

Could be, either that or us electric and cnc people have lots to say and little to do......

Could be, either that or us electric and cnc people have lots to say and little to do......

Or it could be we're the only ones able to form intelligent sentences. :P

joemomma

I do it in the transformer box.

1946-2008

lol most fab guys enjoy it....till they find out its true:) I hate standing in the box...I'll stand next to it or on it but not in it...till its getting covered with dirt. Just to be curious what is everyone designing in and is anyone open to design tips tricks swap? I have few and always looking for more. Im using corel13 photoprint 4 and enroute are my work programs and then anything I can get my grubby lil hands on for my at home "side" designing.

Guess maybe I should throw this into a different thread for that

Later Days Villians

Oh yeah do any of you neon guys actually like Neon wizard?

>>boldy designing signs that piss fabricators off...till they get their paychecks -Goatboy<<

That is a good one. The boss and I joke, maybe a little to often, that it is our job to design what the customer wants. Its up to the fabricator to figure out how to build it.

We use Corel 12. I have been using Corel since version 3. Of course we skipped a couple versions here and there but it has always been Corel for us.

I used a trial version of Neon Wizard and couldnt justify spending the money. I want to say it was an $1100 program a couple years back. For me the main advantage I could see, which would save plenty of $$$, is to consistently print the same pattern on paper. Paper just doesnt last very long around me (burned, creased, or thrown away). Plus I havent met a bending screen I like to bend on yet.

TEastin

I used a trial version of Neon Wizard and couldnt justify spending the money. I want to say it was an $1100 program a couple years back. For me the main advantage I could see, which would save plenty of $$$, is to consistently print the same pattern on paper. Paper just doesnt last very long around me (burned, creased, or thrown away). Plus I havent met a bending screen I like to bend on yet.

What types of screen have you tried and what was it about them that you didn't like? Have you tried tempered glass plate to lay your paper pattern under?

We used Neon wizard at the last shop I was at...was pretty much used for footages,which I use sadly enough Graphix Adv. for now. but it never really seemed to lay out good neon. Id spend more time redrawing sections just to have the tube benders say bah I'll fix it myself. I was just curious if anyone that has bent glass found it useful. These days I just use corel and its wonderful convert outline to shape and BAM consistant centered neon they can apply their double backs or penetrations as they seem fit. Well now the Govnah wants to rout all mounting holes and penetrations before hand which is cool but getting a bit of resistance from the benders here so the Govnah was thinking Neon wizard would help sooth them into this process. Any thoguht from those who have been there would be appreciated.