ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

The Profit ..another Sign Co.

Hopefully it's better than the last one where the guy just wanted to be the nationwide sign vendor for Marcus. The guy needed help but my recollection is most of the show revolved around the guy's pitch to Marcus and not Marcus working his magic on the business.

I watched the last episode with the company in Florida, but that's the only time I've ever watched The Profit. Does the show ever go into precisely WHAT Marcus does to help the company other than give them money (which, from the episode I watched, was a tiny amount of cash for a huge portion of the business)?

I have watched several episodes and am impressed with Marcus. He focuses on what he calls the 3 P's - People - Product - Process and gross profit. He is bold and honest and compassionate. I think he is doing a great service in elevating the perception of business people and educating his viewers on business fundamentals. Unfortunately many of his fixes would be tough to duplicate in the rest of the business world as he will put alot of money into a company and spend it on making great improvements. Most companies in the difficult situations that Marcus walks into don't have access to the kind of money that Marcus can spend.

• !llumenati

I watched the show last night hoping it would be better then the last one. It was. I think many sign companies are in the same situation. They get comfortable with their existing work and put all their eggs in one basket. They cater to one customer or one industry and get tunnel vision.

No matter how much work or the size of your sign company, we have to be as aggressive as the day we opened. Take nothing for granted.

Walls - they define most sign companies. Office to Production; Sales to Project Management; Executive Staff to Company; Project Management to Production; Production to Install; etc., etc. -- there are walls between these and they need torn down. Luckily, the only wall that Marcus had to deal with were the brothers. I agree with Marcus that you need to have defined roles for the leaders and more importantly, they must be able to execute (and be held accountable - this is normally forgotten about). I thought he did a "Precise" job of doing this which was over and above just giving money.

The part of the puzzle that was not addressed was sales - how do they expect to double their sales this year? Instant business for Precise Graphix - all of Marcus's retail locations. What a "Win Win" for both of them. What other industry/business could benefit by selling a percentage to Marcus that would overnight increase their business by servicing his other businesses? He is a smart man!!!

Sales drives the business. Sales work closely with Design and Project Management. Design and Project Management must work closely with Operations (Production) and Installation. And so on...so many moving parts to an "Art" referred to as "Signage".

• Like 2