ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy

post-3-0-36890600-1437612136.jpg

Was fixing a sign that I recently put up. Basically a gassed channel letter unit that had a small leak and it failed pretty quickly after the sign was put up. Took down yesterday and went to put the new one in today. Came to the job location and literally half of the mall was closed with a note on the door "Sorry for the inconvenience but due to a power disruption we will be closed today and reopening tomorrow"

So, okay well...no ones here and obviously there is no power so I'll just open up the channel letter face and undo the jump and put the new one in and after all it's noon.

So after I put the unit in and as I'm fastening the trim cap screw I see the light kick in and the light hum of the Neon coming to life. I just got missed by literally 30 seconds where I could have been zapped and possibly fallen 25'. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

There I was taking things for granted.

What I should have done is not assume and simply just open the access hatch where the remote trannies were and flip a toggle switch in the name of "Safety & Precaution"

Happy Hump Day, I'm around one more day.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

I hear ya brother! I preach this daily when I send my crews out. LOTO! Learn it, Know it, Live it... Also, quit taking things for "Granite"... ;)

• Like 1

• !llumenati

I do suggest that if you to continue having these brain farts, that you at least make sure your health and life insurance premiums are current!

Stay safe out there. If unsure... Call a professional!

• Like 1

I do suggest that if you to continue having these brain farts, that you at least make sure your health and life insurance premiums are current!

Stay safe out there. If unsure... Call a professional!

LoL!!

Sometimes I wonder is it Arrogance?.......or perhaps I'm transitioning to that elderly age of decision making where maybe I no longer belong in the field. :blink:

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

guilty of the same crimes..... We need to slow down.

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• !llumenati

Wish I was fishin, All work. PM during the day, Bending at night. Did you get the pic I sent you the other night of an install we were on?

GOOD things happen for a reason......