ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Federal Rules for Subcontracting

Hello All, I read today that the federal labor board voted Thursday to redefine the employee-employer relationship granting new bargaining powers to workers caught up in an economy increasingly reliant on subcontractors, franchisees and temporary staffing agencies.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonkblog/wp/2015/08/27/labor-board-moves-to-make-businesses-accountable-for-their-subcontractors/?wpisrc=al_alert-economy

As someone who does a significant amount of subcontracting for national sign companies, I'm wondering how this may affect me? Anyone have a notion about this?

Tom

• Board Patron

IMO this new law is all about Obama Care, and Unionizing (Socializing) the unskilled labor force .Here's my short take on it. But, take a Hotel chain for instance. Let's say they use "XYZ Maid Service." Those maids are hired by a temp agency. Who does not offer; health insurance, 401K, paid Holidays, or Vacations. The corporate workers at the Hotel get these benefits. This new law basically forces "XYZ Maid Service" to match the Hotels benefits (Health Ins).. Which they can't do and stay profitable. So the "temporary workers" get absorbed into the corporate Hotel umbrella.

As far as the Unionizing/Socializing the unskilled work force. That's their (Progressive/Liberals) main agenda. Why do you think this wage inequality B.S. is being pushed so hard? That's where the Unionizing part comes in. This law gives the Unions free reign to go into pretty much every company. And try to get the employees unionized. Then the Corporations will no longer be dealing with employees on a H.R. level. They'll be negotiating employee contracts with the unions. Good luck trying to fire a bad employee...

This is all about wealth re distribution. Will it effect Sign Companies? I'm sure it will. When, and to what extent, I have no clue? I can tell you, the Gov has no clue either. It's going to be a huge mess, this I assure you.

• !llumenati

the pay equality might not be such a bad thing? At least you could then make equal to what you pay your employees rather than paying them first and you get the peanuts left over? Just kidding............

gn

• Like 1

• Board Patron

the pay equality might not be such a bad thing? At least you could then make equal to what you pay your employees rather than paying them first and you get the peanuts left over? Just kidding............

gn

No shit! I'll tell you this much. If the Union ever comes into my shop. These doors will be shut permanently. I'll move to the beach and flip burgers for $15.00 an hour.

The nationals may begin asking subs for proof of health insurance and retirement plans in addition to GL and Workers Comp to comply with the new law.

Well I guess the same arguments that empowered the government to penalize citizens for not carrying health insurance can also be used to penalize workers for failing to invest in a retirement plan, and possibly long term care insurance. Maybe the government is trying to make us save for our futures now to keep us off of the dole when we get old. It's a politically easier way to reduce Welfare State costs than directly cutting benefits would be.

It's too rainy today for my exterior install, so I'm opining on the internet instead. There's some billing and paperwork waiting for me too, (one-man company), and I'll get to it real soon I promise.

• Board Patron

I do offer Health insurance. The best plan available. I pay for 1/2, employees pay the other 1/2. It's their choice not to sign up for it, not mine. As far as retirement goes. That's not my problem. All of my employees are well compensated for their time. This is up to them to take care of their own retirement. As an employer, I'm already forced to contribute to their retirement. It's called my matching Social Security payment for each employee, each paycheck (at 6.25% of gross payroll). I wonder if the mandate will force us business owners to invest in our own retirement? There goes another employee....

gn

No shit! I'll tell you this much. If the Union ever comes into my shop. These doors will be shut permanently. I'll move to the beach and flip burgers for $15.00 an hour.

post-3-0-49105600-1441041372.jpg

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

Speaking of socializing America - I saw a surprising - and scary - documentary (watched it on Youtube) called Grinding down America. Like it says in the film, it's not conspiracy theory if everything is out in the open. and all the stuff on this documentary appears to be out in the open -. worth the watch...