ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

I 80 Equipment

• Board Patron

Has anyone used/seen/heard about this company? Sells refurbished crane/ladder trucks. They have some bad reviews online, which I know you have to take with a grain of salt (and tequila), but if anyone has experience with this company I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• !llumenati

They buy lots ( grouped lots ) of used utility company trucks. They clean them up, quick paint jobs if needed and sell them.

You need to know what you are looking for. Understand that these are not sign trucks. They are heavy utility mass produced trucks.

You also need to clearly understand their selling contract and read between the lines. Who is going to repair them, and who is paying for the repairs ????

In the end,,you get what you paid for. Not my choice for buying sign trucks.

The truck I have shown at left was bought from I-80 Equipment (Illinois) I'm from California.

Runs great now, but had some issues-since resolved.

Email me or call for more details. . .707/363-4340

Edited by dwtubman

• 9 months later...
  • Board Patron

Well, aside from needing a new battery and some minor wiring repairs, the truck we bought works great for our needs.  So- good experience for us!

For the last year and a half we've been using a used AT&T 30' bucket. It works great as a service unit but not so good for installs as they have no way to pick up anything. I got it from a small used car dealer who got several of them when AT&T sold out to Frontier. The good side is since it was an AT&T truck the maintenance was always done the bad side was that they ran it 8 to 10 hours a day. We have had and fixed some minor issues but still well worth the cost. As stated above you get what you pay for, a used truck is just that a USED truck.

We purchased a bucket truck from them and have had nothing but problems with it. We've had problems with the ride (sways badly), needed to replace the transmission, had problems with the Turbo, heater core, PTO, radiator, fan, just to name a few. Probably could have bought a new truck with the money we've spent on towing, repairs and down time. 

Bought a lower mileage/hours 2001 International with an Elliott G85 from them this spring.  We've had the typical used vehicle issues you'd expect from a 15 year old sign truck, but nothing major.  I-80 did the refurb a few years back; the company they sold it to had them sell it on consignment, as they no longer needed it.  They did a few repairs it needed as a condition of the sales agreement.  We had a few paperwork headaches, but nothing out of the norm.  I'd consider buying from them again.

• Board Patron

We got a 1999 Ford 30' bucket truck - it's really a spare truck incase we need a hand with installs or service.  Not a bad deal, and I80 did drive it out here (we are in Washington).

• Board Patron

We got a 1999 Ford 30' bucket truck - it's really a spare truck incase we need a hand with installs or service.  Not a bad deal, and I80 did drive it out here (we are in Washington).

• 1 year later...
On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 3:47 PM, HansonSigns said:

They tow them wherever you are-then for show-they may drive it up to you when they get near your door. Don't think "Oh-they drove it long distance-so it must run great." My truck was from I-80 btw.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 3:48 PM, HansonSigns said: