ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Need: UNION Installer/Rigger/Welder, NYC/Nassau County area

Did you try Paul Signs from here.

Not sure why you need Union, I know he's not and there is a myth that you need a Union Shop to install in NYC, as it pertains to certain what other parts of NY I'm not sure but I don't know the details on why you need Union...unless you're hearing it from a Union Shop :welding:

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Your right Eric NYC does not need union installers. But we are bidding on a canopy in a union controlled hospital construction site. All contracts require union labor on site. We can deliver to property line lol. I got yelled at for taking a tape measure out during a walk through haha

Did you try Paul Signs from here.

Not sure why you need Union, I know he's not and there is a myth that you need a Union Shop to install in NYC, as it pertains to certain what other parts of NY I'm not sure but I don't know the details on why you need Union...unless you're hearing it from a Union Shop :welding:

Typically, you don't as long as you're complying with Prevailing Wage laws (local regs) and or Davis Bacon (Federal regs). Neither requires you to be part of a bona fied union organization.

Your right Eric NYC does not need union installers. But we are bidding on a canopy in a union controlled hospital construction site. All contracts require union labor on site. We can deliver to property line lol. I got yelled at for taking a tape measure out during a walk through haha

Otherwise known as the PLA.... Some labor agreements can be very strict. Depending on your scope of work, Carpenters, Iron workers, or even other trades will "claim" the work falls in their trade as defined in the PLA.

Nonetheless, since you're not union, I advise a cautious approach to your bid. Having a good union partner is critical in situations like this. If you really want to bid the work, contact one of the above halls business representatives. Otherwise, you may not be ready for this added complexity of actually performing the work.

One last thing.... low bid will likely still win. It's not supposed to work that way, but typically best price and "capable" will secure a contract. However, the obligation to perform what you've bargained for stands. If you don't, your feet will be held to the fire.

Nine times out of ten, I would not recommend bidding on this unless you've already got a trade union partner. There's too much to factor without a relationship already in place.

If its a small potatoes job, you should be able to supply your product to a union company who actually gets the award.

I wish NY was a right to work state. Would make a lot of work we approach a lot simpler. There are a lot of building in NYC that are controlled by union labor. Luckily a lot of them don't list signs as a trade for exterior maintenance. But we do pass up on a lot of interior work because of that.

We were doing a phototex wall in a hospital a few months ago and there were wall plates for outlets that had to come off. One of my installers was barked at as he was taking out a screwdriver to take the plates off. We had to wait for a union electrician to come see what had to be done, issue a work order and then remove 6 plate covers. When the job was done and client was happy all that was left was to reinstall plate covers. Client wanted to see them on before my guys walked out. Electrical department needed an hour before they could send someone down. My guys called me and I told them to go ahead and put them back on. What a nightmare!!!!