ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

The Great White Hope - Acrylic Face Comparison

Erik Sine

5/11/09

It took me a little longer this month to get the cabinet and to the evaluations with my current work load but here e are nonetheless.

I'm also going to branch out this months evaluations with some specialty & new market acrylics for sign faces. I compared the OptixLD 7328, which is Plaskolites new impact modified acrylic specially made for LED channel letter signs to help disperse the pinpoint light. Cyro's Sign Flex & Satin Ice.

NOW here's where things get real interesting and this is something I've been wanting to do for a while but good things come for all those who wait. IN these pics below right to left is Optix LD, Cyro's Sign Flex White, Cyro's Satin Ice, Cyro's FF (Our Standard)

We just transformed our brightest sources into Super Hero's if we were to use Cyro's Satin Ice

Here's Elite Lamps CCFL turned into the Incredible Hulk.

We have a jump in light from our standard FF to Ice by +31.5% (331.5 FC AVG), +3.5% (235 FC AVG) using Sign Flex, and a -27.5% (164 FC AVG) using OptixLD. Elite's 30ma light source is putting out as much light as EGL's 60ma 15mm DL71's compartment

Eliteicepsd.jpg

Here is Axiom LED turned Iron Man.

We have a jump in light from our standard FF to Ice by +30.40% (284.5 FC AVG) , +1.24% (200.5 FC AVG) using Sign Flex, and a -29.54% (139.5 FC AVG) using OptixLD. Axiom's Light source comes real close to EGL's 15mm DL71's compartment
Originally posted Jul 09 2009 05:26 PM

Axiomice.jpg

Here is EGL's 60ma CL71 turned Thor, God of Lightning.

We have a jump in light from our standard FF to Ice by +31.58% (487.5 FC AVG) , +3.98% (347 FC AVG) using Sign Flex, and a -30.78% (231 FC AVG) using OptixLD. Axiom's Light source comes real close to EGL's 15mm DL71's compartment

EGLIce.jpg

It's nice seeing how other acrylic lenses compare other than a standard 7328 white sheet. Though Ice seems to be a real winner in light transmission & even dispersing the light, I wonder how it holds up to the elements? I'll me moving that lens over to our other tutorial "Electric Sign Faces" and see how it holds up compared to others over time. Does Satin Ice have a Kryptonite?

The only disadvantage of Cyro Ice right now that I know of is it's availability, good luck trying to obtain a sheet unless you want to purchase a whole pallet. I don't know of any suppliers who stock it, you need to either buy a case of 12, or pallet of 48. The price can go from $106 to $141.

Down the road we'll compare the Plexiglas version of Satin ice, and a few other vendors of acrylics and poly-carbonates to see how they compare too

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill