ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

The Red Light District Year 3, 4 & 5

Erik Sine

Originally Posted Jul 12 2013 10:13 PM

TRLP%20F750%20flash%20Ban.gif

2-26-10 - Present
The Red Light District

The only thing we ask is, if you like what you see and if it helps you make better buying decisions for your sign applications that you build then you can support us and the tests we do by either upgrading your free membership to a Board Patron which has it's additional benefits or by purchasing electrical sign supplies that we sell here on The Sign Syndicate as you'll see in the test result sheets! sml%20(26).gif

One thing that we don't sell here on The Sign Syndicate for the exact reasons of these tests is sell Neon Glass or LED Modules because I know most would think us bias if we did. So because of this, we'll only sell electrical sign supplies that compliment these light sources such as LED power supplies, and neon wiring & Transformers etc.

You'll also notice a lot of Light Source MFG's signed up here on the Sign Syndicate and submitted their lamps for the testing. Some did not, and you'll see "Non-Willing Participant" next to their name in the Tutorial product listings. Most did not want to because they did not want to be compared to their competition or called out on their claims when they show up to your shop and tell you you should buy theirs because they are superior to their competition. Well, all we can do here is include some of those MFG's anyway and throw them up on the board and see where they might fall. We hope some of them at some point join us and take part because they want to. They ALL have an open invitation to do so. We thinks it's a good idea and there is a lot to learn and most of the time it just begs more questions than results can answer. If you are a Light source manufacturer interested in having your lamps included then please upgrade your free membership to a Board Vendor (which includes a free advertising package for the duration of your membership) and submit your lamps

Project Description

This is a Comparison and test of both Red Neon & LED light sources for large channel letters.

Project Specifications

All channels simulated for multiple stroke channel letters are cut and fabricated to 4.24" x 23.5" with 5" returns. The red acrylic faces are Plaskolites 2288 LD acrylic, I use this same red acrylic for my signs and I'm VERY hapy with it.

The power source for all 12 volt LED light sources will be powered by a single adjustable 60 watt Axiom LED Power Supply, all other power needs will be dedicated.

Products used (Initial Start)

• 13mm Neon lamp
  • CAO Group
  • Axiom
  • YYZ
  • Eurocom
  • AVA Technology
  • Ventex (*Non-Willing Participant)
  • Sloan CL5 (*Non-Willing Participant)
  • US LED Right Light (*Non-Willing Participant)
  • AA LED
  • Relume (*Non-Willing Participant)
  • NC LED
  • GE (*Non-Willing Participant)
  • EGL (Veritas)
  • International Light Technologies
  • SS Light
  • Permlight Twister Ruby Red (*Non-Willing Participant)

7/12/13

This marks officially year 4 even though we are a little over a year late.

New this month we removed AVA Technologies and added Permlights Ruby Red in place. It's on par with GE's MiniMax. We really need to add in JT's red, we'll really try to make a point to get that in.

Also new in the test result pdf file which you can download below is the new side by side comparison of the light sources. It's red so a true rendering or accurate pic has been a challenge. All we can do is take the best shots and save those settings for the next time we take a shot.

Permlight's Twister Ruby Red
PermRubyRed.JPG

JULY TEST RESULTS: RedL070913.pdf

8/26/13

Some light sources have degraded very little, some have degraded ALOT, which light source have you been using?

I don't know why it's taking this long but I'll try and get that JT LED added this month for sure.

AUGUST TEST RESULTS: DOWNLOAD LINK

2/12/14

6 Months since the last evaluation we're seeing a 14% drop in light in some LEDs.

This month we are dropping the EGL Veritas and adding in JS LED

AUGUST TEST RESULTS: DOWNLOAD LINK

SEPTEMBER 2014
10/30/14

As I've stated in other light test evaluations it's been some time since I've entered anything other than the down loadable pdf with the light test results. Since ISA is coming closer than we know I'm sure more new red products will be coming out and we'll be adding them here.

SEPTEMBER TEST RESULTS http://www.thesignsy...arison-results/

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• 2 weeks later...

October 22, 2015

This month we say good by to the following products, wither because their outdated, not widely used products, or the Vendors are no longer with is and taking part in these benchmarks.

Permlight Ruby Red

Ventex Venbrites

CAO

YYZ Easy Stroke

AA LED Eco Line

International Lights

Here is the side by side comparison for The Red Light District

post-127-0-19794300-1445882549_thumb.jpg

We will be looking to add some new products, any suggestions please chime in. The only changes that we look to do in the days ahead is change out the NC LED to the present current product.

October 2015 evaluation download: RedL102215.pdf

supporttopic.jpg

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• 4 months later...