ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Sign search on the internet

Internet sign search

I recently got a call from someone looking for a digital message center. I've gotten away from that type work, so I tried looking on the internet for somebody to refer this customer to.

What a mess!. I typed in "Sign companies in Kansas City". One of the first sites that popped up was the "YP Yellow Pages". I got literally hundreds of listings - a few sign companies, but also listings for tires, electricians, used car dealers, lawn care, you name it. Continued search.

I found various websites wanting to help me locate what I needed, but when I opened the website I got advertisements for everything except what I was looking for. I got other websites wanting to sell me a website called "Sign companies in Kansas City". I finally found one that was fairly good "DexKnows.com". But, I got not only sign companies, but T-shirt shops, printers, business card printers, bumper stickers, coffee mugs and so on. I tried to refine the search, but the message came up "Cannot find a business named "Sign Companies in Kansas City".

If I wasn't a sign guy, I wouldn't have a clue who to call. At least with the old yellow pages, there seemed to be a fairly sensible arrangement to the categories, and a guy could find something pretty close to what was needed. Now, everybody sells everything. I think you might have just as good a chance if you just started calling random numbers.

So, there's my rant for the day, it's time for my nap. Tomorrow I'll find something else to gripe about. Best wishes for all of you .

• Board Patron

There is a company called signsearch - www.signsearch.com. THey are pretty handy, and I know lots of national companies use it. We pay $288 for the year and have always had enough Sales from the contacts to pay for itself. YP and Dex don't know beans.....

• Like 1

another thing that works, I go on google maps, zoom in on the area and type "signs" in the search box, all the sign shops in that area show up.

Edited by orlenz