ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Looking for input

• Board Patron

Looking for some input on vinyl plotters. I have a Graphtec FC3100 that works great but I need an upgrade.. I see a lot of knock-off brands, RedSail,US Cutters,SignKey, etc... Has anyone used any of these? Or the other no name brands? I know the analogy you get what you pay for, and also know that the name brands, Roland, Graphtec are superior. But at a cost. Just want to know if anyone has used these and thoughts from personal experience. Good or bad. Thanks in advance.

• Board Patron

Im sure there are plenty out there that are working fine but I would never buy one as a primary plotter. Id lose more money then id save if mine ever went down for a few days. Our mimmaki has been flawless for the last 7-8 years (knock on wood)

• Board Patron

I've had my Summa for almost 10 years. Granted we don't use it everyday. But zero problems... Knock on wood, also!

• Board Patron

we used the hell out of our graphtec and it never fails. The is the 3rd one I have owned (getting a bigger one each time) and I will stick with them

• Like 1

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Long story short....you'll spend more money on vinyl that what it's worth to go with a cheap cutter, I threw away lots and lots of vinyl with my US Cutters... From not tracking straight to just stopping in the middle of a cut file they have sooo many bugs in them it's not funny.

• Board Patron

I had a grapthtec 700? something . it was the biggest POS i think i ever purchased. We couldnt wait to throw that thing in the dumpster

Summa plotters are by far the best. They're workhorses that track extremely well over long cut. Also have a very good print / plot feature.

Edited by jrosenfeld

• Board Patron

I'll agree with the above. unless you cut less than 50 yards of vinyl a year a cheap plotter is a waste of time/effort. as usual buy a good tool (plotter, truck, drill, etc) and it will last and pay for itself. buy a cheap tool and you get what you pay for. My first plotter, a Gerber 4-B, lasted 30+ years. It cost $10K when we bought it way back when (with six whole fonts BTW) but until I upgraded a relatively short while ago it was still a workhorse.

If it was to be a backup plotter then maybe its worth the price, but I think as a whole that we American's are bargain hunting ourselves out of jobs by buying too many cheap Asian imports. However that's a rant for another time/place.

• Like 1

Have used Summa for 20 years now. Can't imagine using anything else. One of my competitors has a Gerber and the only thing different between his Gerber and our Summa is nameplate.

• Board Patron

Thanks for all the input guys. I figured my gut was right. You get what you pay for and that's why there's a big difference in $$$. Thanks again everyone and have a great week.

• Board Patron

We have a graphtec - our designer hates it, says it misspells words and gets scales wrong... :scratchhead: He had his own one man shop before he came here and has a summa and absolutely loves it.

• Like 1