ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

I wanted to initiate some conversation regarding Trimless channel letters which are becoming more common every year.  Adams Tech introduced a new patented coil named LetterForm at ISA Sign Expo 2016.  We were actually presented with an ISA Innovation Award for this new coil. I've been working closely with many of our customers and the feedback has been tremendous.  A number of major players are pitching Trimless letters to their national accounts with success.  Just wondering if many of you are seeing more jobs come in specifying rimless letters?

http://www.channelbender.com/trimless/letterform-2/

• Board Patron

I have a question regarding your system. It looks good, sounds good, but how easy / difficult is it to remove the letter can after installation? It is called easy clip but is it? If the letters are mounted flush to the background, how do you get your fingers or tool between the letter can and the wall without a struggle? Also with the screw on the back of the back, will this prevent the letter from actually being flush? With this being said how do you seal the letter from water getting behind the back an causing damage. S.O.P is clear silicone across the top of the letter, and of course around the electrical penetration. Anyone ever install one of these letters and then try to service?

Just asking.

Hi Chucks signs.  Yes, clip is easy. No tools necessary to remove face/return component. A rivet would actually be a better method for attaching the clip to the back panel if flush mounting is required. I don't know that anyone creates a truly water-tight channel letter. Weep holes would still be required. Yes, people do build, install and service Trimless letters. Chipotle has done a number of Trimless projects with this material as have others. Hope this helps. 

Edited by Sign man

Yes Jerry, it is rated for outdoor use.  LetterForm is also a UL recognized component carrying the designation attached.

UL Recognized Component.png

Edited by ChannelBender1
  • Like 1

Alright so I need to get to the bottom of this for outdoor use. We have an Adams SCB and have been asking about the trimless letters but keep getting the answer that they are for indoor use and smaller letters. The weak point would be the adhesive used to mount the acrylic face in. The adhesive needs to be clear of course but any clear option is not designed for structural use. We have built some samples and put them through testing with not so great success. 

Is this a serious viable product for outdoor use that has been tested or just a sales pitch? Again I am a customer and love the machine, we crank out a lot of letters with precision and speed but the whole trimless thing? not so much. I would love a solution that works if there is one. 

Brian,

For LetterForm, please look into using Satellite City Super T medium viscosity with activator spray.  Several customers have experienced very promising results in exterior environmental testing with this adhesive.  There are also some good UV adhesives available for this application but I would recommend contacting an adhesives supplier for more info on UV curables. 

http://www.caglue.com/HST-8-bSuper-T-4ozb-medium-CA-glue_p_18.html

http://www.caglue.com/QA-6-bNCF-Quick-6ozb-aerosol-CA-glue-accelerator_p_28.html

Edited by ChannelBender1

• Board Patron

So what is the warranty on these for outdoor use, in an ever changing climate... Say from 90 degrees in summer to -10 degrees in winter.

17 minutes ago, ChannelBender1 said:

Brian,

For LetterForm, please look into using Satellite City Super T medium viscosity with activator spray.  We have experienced very promising results in exterior environmental testing with this adhesive.  There are also some good UV adhesives available for this application but I would recommend contacting an adhesives supplier for more info on UV curables. 

Thanks James. I will shoot you an email as well with additional questions. Looking forward to nailing this down. The machine bends with enough precision to fit an acrylic face well but the adhesive has been eluding us. 

The adhesive has been tested successfully from zero F to 160 F.  I would recommend each shop do their own testing as well just for their own peace of mind.  Any warranty is up to the fabricator.  We cannot warranty something over which we have no control, for example, any given sign shop's fabrication methods.

1 minute ago, NWWsigns said:

Thanks James. I will shoot you an email as well with additional questions. Looking forward to nailing this down. The machine bends with enough precision to fit an acrylic face well but the adhesive has been eluding us. 

This Super T revelation is very recent so you're not behind the curve by any stretch of the imagination.