ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Plastic recyclers ??????

• Board Patron

We had a place that had been doing our scrap plex, polycarb, HDPE and even PVC for years but I guees they went out of business.  We have a local place but they are very picky and only provide "gaylord" boxes which cant sit outside.  We now need every inch of floor space.   If anyone has someone they like please send them our way or get me the contact info

Cheers !

• Board Patron

Good luck, same deal here.  I think the money's dried up for plastic(s).  We just load up our 40 yard dumpster with it.  Now wood recycling would be nice.  I guarantee I have (x14) 40 yard dumpsters worth of wood that goes to the land fill yearly.  Probably more...   But I don't have the yard space for 2 40 yard dumpsters.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Board Patron

Yeah, we don't have a plastic recycler anymore either, so it gets dumptserized.  Same with our wood, but we do have a few locals that come out and get some of the usable stuff for sheds/coops etc.  And we have taken sign faces home for yard projects (around the bottom of my green house).  It is a shame that so much gets tossed.

• 2 weeks later...
We had a place that had been doing our scrap plex, polycarb, HDPE and even PVC for years but I guees they went out of business.  We have a local place but they are very picky and only provide "gaylord" boxes which cant sit outside.  We now need every inch of floor space.   If anyone has someone they like please send them our way or get me the contact info

Cheers !

Same situation here. A guy out DFW area used to come and pay cash but he also said the money has dried up and will only come pick it up for free. And then he came last week and his trailer was full, so he said he would come back another time. We have a huge pile and would really like to have it picked up and recycled somehow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Board Patron

Same situation in New Jersey and we are willing to give the stuff away. Mostly old sign faces. Of two companies that have expressed an interest, one is out of business, the other keeps in touch and states they will send a truck next week... Every week for months on end... Still the gaylord boxes pile up.

However, if what is being recycled is new poly-carbonate and acrylic from drops of a CNC table of clean new waste, separated by color and type, this may be the way in the future.

It's depressing to face the fact that one option on the table is a 40 yard dumpster...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Board Patron

Okay, We just got our shipping baskets, I think 8 or so.   They are quick to respond so I hope they work out.  We have not sent any back yet or have gotten any $$ yet.  

United Plastics   847-336-3080

• 2 weeks later...
  • Board Patron

United Plastics   847-336-3080 has been very responsive with us as well.

Not so responsive but has taken plastics off our hands in the past has been Tyco Optics.

Rod Harris

Tycho Optics, LLC.

15954 Mur Len Rd. Unit 186

Olathe, Kansas 66062

Tel. 626-215-0246