ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Neon Sign Backgrounds

Looking for a vendor that can line bend Polycarbonate. Getting into neon window signs and I am looking for someone that can produce the bent plastic backgrounds.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Board Patron

Ditto on the brake (up to 1/8in).  

I still prefer acrylic (1/4in-3/8) for most window signs.  Stiffer than polycarbonate and seems to age a bit better too.  You can use solid square or round stock (I use 1in solid rod) for the standoffs.

Edited by megavolt512

• Board Patron

I bought a super nice 3' long heater/bender on ebay for next to nothing.

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

Always use sides for the window signs as this helps prevent warping,1.jpg protects neon during shipping and allows you to mount 3 hole brackets on top corners for chain and leveling.  This is BEST way to level signs in the window.  Of course do not use plastic tube supports unless you want the neon units to fall off the background down the road or be written up in certain municipalities. 

• Board Patron

Agree completely on not using plastic tube supports.  I don't use them on anything these days - not even the smallest window sign.  The neon has a 10 year life and the plastic tube supports a 3-5 year life.  There is always trouble down the road.  Sometimes the plastic disintegrates in only a couple of years.  Acrylic or Polycarb - UL listed or not.  all have this problem.  I think the ozone produced near the tube surface breaks down the plastic.  Throw in some direct sunlight and you really have trouble.

I really like the silicone-dipped glass tube supports both FMS and others sell now.

• Board Patron

Marina Mark, what the hell are you talking about?  I'm going to have to get Tim Kaine to translate that for me. 

Are you saying keep your neon signs clean, no mater what background you use?

Mad Scientist

Neon signs can be as simple as a small business of shop advertisement signs or it's complexity  matching to the new York Horror stories. Neon signs are made by glass tubes that having gas and bent material in the shape of decorative design. although gas was originally used in that signs. when high voltage current is passed through the gas, the glass tube emit lights. many different other glass are also used with 50 brilliant colors.  So obviously you can use quality glass material in your neon sign. But its important to take care of signs and if you don't care your signs they will loos their image and quality, because customer like to read eye-catching signs

• 6 months later...