ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

i see Trump won

• Board Patron

15036330_669587716543080_742101145685009

• Like 1

63 foot Elliott v60

50 foot 8 ton crane/auger

Skid steer with forks and dirt bucket

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron
7 hours ago, paul321 said:

Bye Bye to Cheap Chinese LEDs and other shit products.

Paul;

My stance on China and its products is documented on this board. I am a Reagan Republican in case I may get confused as a liberal by what I believe.

Trump is already nice and cozy with China, manufactures and purchases his products from that nation and I doubt very highly if this Chinese Tariff nonsense will come to fruition. It wasn't going to happen with with "Queen Hillary" and I highly doubt it will happen under the "Orange Groper". 

I am praying that it will but I highly doubt it. Especially since the Republican majority are all Free Traders and support the TPP.

We can still hope and dream,though. But for at least the next 2 years, in my opinion, nothing will change.

Best

"Don't be afraid to see what you see" - President Ronald Reagan

• Board Patron
On 11/10/2016 at 6:48 PM, Snoochie said:

Paul;

My stance on China and its products is documented on this board. I am a Reagan Republican in case I may get confused as a liberal by what I believe.

Trump is already nice and cozy with China, manufactures and purchases his products from that nation and I doubt very highly if this Chinese Tariff nonsense will come to fruition. It wasn't going to happen with with "Queen Hillary" and I highly doubt it will happen under the "Orange Groper". 

I am praying that it will but I highly doubt it. Especially since the Republican majority are all Free Traders and support the TPP.

We can still hope and dream,though. But for at least the next 2 years, in my opinion, nothing will change.

Best

SO, whom exactly did you think would do anything differently?  The reason Trump purchases and manufactures from China is because you can't get anything manufactured in the US for a descent price.  I think if everybody would just calm the hell down and give the man a chance, he will show them that they are wrong.  I have faith that he is going to do what he says he is.  Hell, we sure can't do any worse that what we have had!!!

• Like 2

Personally the way his campaign has been run from the start to now, and how he will execute his ideas and policy I feel like I'm looking in a mirror.  When I look at him and how he's battled both sides the only difference between he and I is.....he has a ton more money.    So I'm a little bit partial to him :lol_hitting:

From a serious stand point, and a business owner.  It's time we've had a true outsider in, with successful business experience to run this inefficient government .  I think he's VERY serious about putting this country and it's people first with every decision he will be making. 

A lot of us look back and compare greatness to Reagan.  During those times he was hated, but later loved, and so many tried to wrap themselves with his wake with their own future elections.  History will tell, but I think Trump will be even greater, and in future elections others will try and warp themselves with him.

One thing is certain, no other Republican candidate could have taken on the Democrat or Republican party, and fight the media in the gutters where they took it.  Time and time again we always see the weak knee Republican candidates fold like lawn chairs.  AND no one apologizes better than Republican's against the power weapon used on them "political Correctness".  Trump has shown the Republican party how to fight, and with that EVERYTHING has changed from here on out

I've been excited watching all this unfold, and I think we're all going to be experiencing something great whether you love or hate him, and we will all benefit.

My feeling is....America's Rising

• Like 3

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron
7 minutes ago, Erik Sine said:

Personally the way his campaign has been run from the start to now, and how he will execute his ideas and policy I feel like I'm looking in a mirror.  When I look at him and how he's battled both sides the only difference between he and I is.....he has a ton more money.    So I'm a little bit partial to him :lol_hitting:

From a serious stand point, and a business owner.  It's time we've had a true outsider in, with successful business experience to run this inefficient government .  I think he's VERY serious about putting this country and it's people first with every decision he will be making. 

A lot of us look back and compare greatness to Reagan.  During those times he was hated, but later loved, and so many tried to wrap themselves with his wake with their own future elections.  History will tell, but I think Trump will be even greater, and in future elections others will try and warp themselves with him.

One thing is certain, no other Republican candidate could have taken on the Democrat or Republican party, and fight the media in the gutters where they took it.  Time and time again we always see the weak knee Republican candidates fold like lawn chairs.  AND no one apologizes better than Republican's against the power weapon used on them "political Correctness".  Trump has shown the Republican party how to fight, and with that EVERYTHING has changed from here on out

I've been excited watching all this unfold, and I think we're all going to be experiencing something great whether you love or hate him, and we will all benefit.

My feeling is....America's Rising

My sentiments exactly.  For FAR to long people in Washington have forgotten the businessman unless they wanted more tax money from them.  We FINALLY have somebody in there that gives a care about business, profits and the SMALL business like mine.  I am more hopeful after Tuesday's election than I have been in a very LONG time.  I cannot even begin to imagine what a Clinton administration would have done to my business.  It has barely survived Obama.

Can you imagine if Marco Rubio or Jeb Bush (or any of the other 17 for that matter) would have had to fight the fight from all sides like Donald Trump did??  None of them would have won the battle.  We would have a Madame President this morning rather than President-Elect Republican - Donald Trump is the only one that had the balls to stand up - in their faces - and beat them.  I for one am excited to see an outsider come in and take the foot off of our necks so we can start doing business again.  Instead of having to worry about an avalanche of new regulations every time you turn around that you almost have to hire one person just to keep up with and the tax breaks that he is going to give us so we don't have to spend what little we do make on taxes.  These people that worry about what he said over a decade ago need to get over it.  He is a man that was raised in a very different generation than those that want the PC world around them all of the time.  He is FAR from PC, and that's why I like him so much.   These little college kids out rioting, that don't even know what the hell they are rioting for, that want their exams canceled, their safe places, their therapy dogs and their scream sessions because they are upset over the results of an election need to grow the hell up and move on.  If they belonged to me, they would have their butts in a chair in class!!

Rant over.  Hahaha

• Like 2

• Board Patron
2 hours ago, Sign Lady said:

SO, whom exactly did you think would do anything differently?  The reason Trump purchases and manufactures from China is because you can't get anything manufactured in the US for a descent price.  I think if everybody would just calm the hell down and give the man a chance, he will show them that they are wrong.  I have faith that he is going to do what he says he is.  Hell, we sure can't do any worse that what we have had!!!

Angie;

I think you hit on the heart of my reply to Paul's post. The fact is that we are not going to impose tariffs on anyone. Speaker Paul Ryan already made this clear. He is a "Free Trader" and there is nothing wrong with "Smart Trade" if we can achieve it.

We manufacture things in China because workers make a fraction of what workers make here in the USA. There is no getting around that. Cheaper labor cost equals more profit, period. A worker in China makes in a day what an American factory worker makers in an hour. Until this little problem is solved, factories will move abroad not just to China but Mexico, Vietnam, India, Indonesia and other places near and far.

And don't forget, Tariffs and Trade Wars cut both ways. We can't even run our government without major borrowing from China. And since we trade with friends & allies like Canada, do we put tariffs on them as well?  So what I was pointing out was simply don't expect a reduction in Chinese imports in the near future. LED's and other products will still be labeled "Made in China" until a host of other issues are addressed. Tariffs I believe, won't be one of those issues.

For me, like electricity, economics is not based on faith. It is based on solid quantitative principles and policies. If I grab two live phases of a 277/480 Delta system, I am not going to rely on faith that I won't be seriously hurt. I will because empirical knowledge dictates that. The same goes for our economy. I think solid, thought out economic policies win out over faith that some mystic force will make things ok.

So for the near future, don't get your hopes on anything changing its label from "Made in China" to "Made in USA". I  want to be wrong and hope I am proven so. I am an American just like the rest on this board but I am skeptical.

As a final note, I would have felt much better about a President Romney or a President Kasich. But that wasn't to be. I had to follow what my moral compass told me to. I made a thought out decision and I won't look back.

Ronald Reagan, where are you when we need you..................

Peace out

ou and others, I would have felt much better about the results with either John Kasich or Mitt Romney. I know Romney didn't even run and Kasich fell short, but I still penciled in one of these names on my ballot. It didn't much matter in the end but I did what what heart and my soul guided me to do. I think either one would have had a more realistic outlook on what we could accomplish in our divided nation.

I wou

• Board Patron

The funny thing is how much everyone loved Reagan as a President....a former actor.  That can only mean Trump will surpass any expectations by those who think he is unfit to be president.  Why? He has brass balls (maybe solid gold), speaks his mind without being PC.  I can't even imagine anyone more qualified to run this country than Donald Trump.  A professional negotiator who convinced people to finance projects in NYC when all were running out of NYC.   How much does one individual have to accomplish in his or her life to qualify for president.   I read his book decades ago when it was on the NY Times Bestseller list for like a year and realized this is an extraordinary man. 

Those who protest  because democracy worked (not in their favor) are clueless and swallowed the campaign crap hook line and sinker.     

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the price of LED's to fall but am certain his touch will help America first as he promised.

Did anyone else on the list say they don't want the pay for being president?      

• Board Patron
3 minutes ago, Mad Scientist said:

The funny thing is how much everyone loved Reagan as a President....a former actor.  That can only mean Trump will surpass any expectations by those who think he is unfit to be president.  Why? He has brass balls (maybe solid gold), speaks his mind without being PC.  I can't even imagine anyone more qualified to run this country than Donald Trump.  A professional negotiator who convinced people to finance projects in NYC when all were running out of NYC.   How much does one individual have to accomplish in his or her life to qualify for president.   I read his book decades ago when it was on the NY Times Bestseller list for like a year and realized this is an extraordinary man. 

Those who protest  because democracy worked (not in their favor) are clueless and swallowed the campaign crap hook line and sinker.     

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the price of LED's to fall but am certain his touch will help America first as he promised.

Did anyone else on the list say they don't want the pay for being president?      

I am just so delighted that I don't feel by myself in feeling like that anymore!!  That has made my day almost as much as his winning Tuesday night did!!  Thanks!!  I truly think he is going to do great things.   He didn't even know what the salary was.  Hahaha - How many people would have taken the abuse he did for a job they didn't even know or care how much it paid??  None of the other Republicans, I can assure you of that.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Sign Lady said:

I am just so delighted that I don't feel by myself in feeling like that anymore!!  That has made my day almost as much as his winning Tuesday night did!!  Thanks!!  I truly think he is going to do great things.   He didn't even know what the salary was.  Hahaha - How many people would have taken the abuse he did for a job they didn't even know or care how much it paid??  None of the other Republicans, I can assure you of that.

That's funny.  Obviously it's different to each person but I'd say 75% of my FB friends were for Trump, more quite and not so vocal but it almost seemed like the opposition had a smaller audience.

I never had intention of posting these here but since we're on the subject.

I have to say that years ago when Dole ran for office and made his acceptance speech which was held at the GOP Convention here in San Diego, I decided at the last moment to go.  Oddly enough I had no problem finding parking with 1 hour to go to speech time.  The Convention was dead, at that point I knew he was going to lose, there was no energy.

Fast Forward to this election cycle, Kirstie and I jumped at the opportunity to go to one of Trumps Rally's here in San Diego.  Most of you who follow know what happened here in San Diego and the violence that came.

We went, and I felt a certain duty to go, but I wanted to see "the movement". 

IMG_0792.JPG

IMG_0791.JPG

Unlike other cities when it came to Trump Rally's, SDPD didn't fuck around and quickly knocked out the unruly law breakers

We had to park several city blocks away and walk, rocked our Trump shirts and walked through all the protesters.  The protesters weren't really Bernie or Hillary supporters and I didn't see too many holding up signs of other candidates.  These protesters were mainly very young, college age, old and young hippies, Hispanic and their message was that of anarchy, not for the opposing candidates.

Inside the convention center itself, the supports were numerous, I mean a sea of supporters NOTHING like I saw for the Republican Convention for Dole.  The energy and diversity of all those who showed was HUGE. 

IMG_0796.JPG

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0811.JPG

IMG_0807.JPG

IMG_0831.JPG

By no means was the crowd of supports a "white thing" as the press would try and have you believe, you had people from such a huge variation of background and diversity.

After the Rally, the police had to detour and funnel us out a different direction because the entrance was now bombarded with protesters on borderline rioting.  You had thousands and thousands of supporters coming out, but compared to the protesters they were small and minute.  Maybe a hundred or two.  They were just loud, probably professionals.

We went to a bar (one of my customers) and had lunch, at that time things were getting out of hand (un-beknown to us) at the convention center and legions of police made their way to the center as you can see the look on Kirstie's face while I held my camera out to snap a pic.

IMG_0835.JPG

IMG_0855.JPG

San Diego known for the diversity, being at the rally, at that point I had little doubt Trump would win.  The Energy, the numbers of supporters, it seemed like destiny to me.

On Social Media for me, it seemed to be dominated by Supporters for Trump.  For my networks it seemed to be more dominated by women than men.  I think the women had bigger balls than most men (sorry guys) when it came to social media posts, comments, battles.  Haha

Anyway, thought I would share this.

• Like 2

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

I'm also ecstatic with our new POTUS (elect)!   I've been on the band wagon from day 1.   Without repeating everyone's great comments.  I'll just add, "Make America Great Again, and Drain the Swamp!"

• Like 1

• Board Patron

Sloganeering and hyperbole are great during a campaign and maybe for a short time after, but will get absolutely nowhere in the running of the Greatest Country on the face of the planet. That will come with sound and competent economic policies both here and abroad. I will defer back to President Reagan who said "Trust but verify". I live by this rule both on a personal and professional basis as a citizen and electrician.

In the meantime, I stand by my statements. Companies and jobs will continue to flow to China and other places for the foreseeable future. Coal Mining jobs aren't coming back to West Virginia, mainly due to Natural Gas. Equipment manufacturing isn't coming back to Detroit. And the flow of "Made in China" goods will gush into the USA unfettered. All of this to my chagrin.

As I said, LED products as well as most of the electrical products I use in the electrical field will continue to be provided by China or elsewhere. Ford will send its light car plant to Mexico instead of keeping it in Detroit. Carrier Air Conditioners will go to Mexico giving pink slips to 1800 Indiana employees and nothing will change it. No slogans of draining or greatness will change that. And for the record, I for one believe we are still Great as we speak.

If I am wrong, then we should see action against Ford Motors  & United Technologies ( Carrier) within the first 100 days to stop those moves, Right? At least we should see how big the Entry Tariff will be against these Corporate Behemoths and their foreign made products. I'm not making any bets on this.

Well I've said enough but I will continue to live by the credo Ronald Reagan imparted to me. "Never be afraid to see what you see"

Best to all

• Board Patron
6 minutes ago, Snoochie said:

Sloganeering and hyperbole are great during a campaign and maybe for a short time after, but will get absolutely nowhere in the running of the Greatest Country on the face of the planet. That will come with sound and competent economic policies both here and abroad. I will defer back to President Reagan who said "Trust but verify". I live by this rule both on a personal and professional basis as a citizen and electrician.

In the meantime, I stand by my statements. Companies and jobs will continue to flow to China and other places for the foreseeable future. Coal Mining jobs aren't coming back to West Virginia, mainly due to Natural Gas. Equipment manufacturing isn't coming back to Detroit. And the flow of "Made in China" goods will gush into the USA unfettered. All of this to my chagrin.

As I said, LED products as well as most of the electrical products I use in the electrical field will continue to be provided by China or elsewhere. Ford will send its light car plant to Mexico instead of keeping it in Detroit. Carrier Air Conditioners will go to Mexico giving pink slips to 1800 Indiana employees and nothing will change it. No slogans of draining or greatness will change that. And for the record, I for one believe we are still Great as we speak.

If I am wrong, then we should see action against Ford Motors  & United Technologies ( Carrier) within the first 100 days to stop those moves, Right? At least we should see how big the Entry Tariff will be against these Corporate Behemoths and their foreign made products. I'm not making any bets on this.

Well I've said enough but I will continue to live by the credo Ronald Reagan imparted to me. "Never be afraid to see what you see"

Best to all

Sloganeering?  "Trust but verify"  "Made in China"  and "Never be afraid to see what you see."   Got it!

• Board Patron
12 minutes ago, alltex said:

Sloganeering?  "Trust but verify"  "Made in China"  and "Never be afraid to see what you see."   Got it!

Mark;

I don't think my point was gotten. "Trust but verify" was not bandied about during an election campaign. It was a phrase for dealing with an extremely important policy aimed towards the former Soviet Union all the while Reagan was proceeding to neuter them. The slogan came after the policy, not slogan before policy which is the point i am trying to make.

"Made in China" is not a slogan but a label that is on a whole bunch of products we use daily and that angers many like myself. It is a fact of life and we are reminded of this with no matter what we buy or where we buy it.

"Never be afraid to see what you see" also was not a slogan. It was part of a heartfelt speech that President Reagan delivered to the country when he was leaving office in 88. He wanted everyone to keep our vision alive, honestly and forthrightly. He also had a hidden meaning as well. He knew that he was in the first stages of Alzheimer's and was brave enough to face it clear eyed and with courage. He saw his future clearly. This was not a slogan prior to his presidency, but a testament to the man and his accomplishments.

Hopefully that explains the difference. I mean this with all sincerity and respect my friend....

Best

• Board Patron

I was just F-ing with you.  :D     But....  I'm all about "Making America Great Again!"  Which I do to the best of my ability, each and everyday.  I'm also ready to watch that, "Swamp get Drained!"   I firmly believe Trump will end up being the greatest POTUS of our time.  He will not let anyone, in either House, stand in his way.  He'll go straight to the voters, and call out the obstructionists by name.  Neither party supported him.  I don't think he'll kiss their rear, to accomplish his goals.   It's never been done before.  He'll do it.

• Board Patron
5 minutes ago, alltex said:

I was just F-ing with you.  :D     But....  I'm all about "Making America Great Again!"  Which I do to the best of my ability, each and everyday.  I'm also ready to watch that, "Swamp get Drained!"   I firmly believe Trump will end up being the greatest POTUS of our time.  He will not let anyone, in either House, stand in his way.  He'll go straight to the voters, and call out the obstructionists by name.  Neither party supported him.  I don't think he'll kiss their rear, to accomplish his goals.   It's never been done before.  He'll do it.

Mark;

I have to say I don't share your optimism. But I hope for all us you are correct. I would love nothing better for you to say "See i was Right" he is a good president. I will happy to take the grief from you. Hell I might fly to Texas to buy you a cold one.

But in the meantime, no matter our differences, I will always have your back and hopefully you will have mine. We are all Americans working for the same side, no matter those differences.

As always, continued success in your business and remember, "Don't mess with Texas". No slogan, just fact.............

Peace out

• Board Patron
10 minutes ago, alltex said:

I agree with you 100% - I think we are getting ready to see Washington turned on its head and We the People will come first again.  It has been a LONG time since that has been the case, in my humble opinion.  Those that aren't believers, I hope will give this man a chance at the least, and say job well done when he makes America greater again.  He fought the hardest battle I have ever seen a candidate fight - for a job that he doesn't even want to be paid for.  If for nothing else, he has EARNED the respect and chance to do what he has told us he will do.  I for one believe him wholeheartedly.

Snoochie, I know its hard not to be cynical with the past 8 years in the rear view mirror (only another 60 days or so to go!!  wooo hoooo), but I think if you will give Donald Trump a fair shake, he is going to do great things even for ALL Americans.  Those of us that own small businesses should be THRILLED - I know I am.

• Board Patron
20 hours ago, Erik Sine said:

That's funny.  Obviously it's different to each person but I'd say 75% of my FB friends were for Trump, more quite and not so vocal but it almost seemed like the opposition had a smaller audience.

I never had intention of posting these here but since we're on the subject.

I have to say that years ago when Dole ran for office and made his acceptance speech which was held at the GOP Convention here in San Diego, I decided at the last moment to go.  Oddly enough I had no problem finding parking with 1 hour to go to speech time.  The Convention was dead, at that point I knew he was going to lose, there was no energy.

Fast Forward to this election cycle, Kirstie and I jumped at the opportunity to go to one of Trumps Rally's here in San Diego.  Most of you who follow know what happened here in San Diego and the violence that came.

We went, and I felt a certain duty to go, but I wanted to see "the movement". 

IMG_0792.JPG

IMG_0791.JPG

Unlike other cities when it came to Trump Rally's, SDPD didn't fuck around and quickly knocked out the unruly law breakers

We had to park several city blocks away and walk, rocked our Trump shirts and walked through all the protesters.  The protesters weren't really Bernie or Hillary supporters and I didn't see too many holding up signs of other candidates.  These protesters were mainly very young, college age, old and young hippies, Hispanic and their message was that of anarchy, not for the opposing candidates.

Inside the convention center itself, the supports were numerous, I mean a sea of supporters NOTHING like I saw for the Republican Convention for Dole.  The energy and diversity of all those who showed was HUGE. 

IMG_0796.JPG

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0811.JPG

IMG_0807.JPG

IMG_0831.JPG

By no means was the crowd of supports a "white thing" as the press would try and have you believe, you had people from such a huge variation of background and diversity.

After the Rally, the police had to detour and funnel us out a different direction because the entrance was now bombarded with protesters on borderline rioting.  You had thousands and thousands of supporters coming out, but compared to the protesters they were small and minute.  Maybe a hundred or two.  They were just loud, probably professionals.

We went to a bar (one of my customers) and had lunch, at that time things were getting out of hand (un-beknown to us) at the convention center and legions of police made their way to the center as you can see the look on Kirstie's face while I held my camera out to snap a pic.

IMG_0835.JPG

IMG_0855.JPG

San Diego known for the diversity, being at the rally, at that point I had little doubt Trump would win.  The Energy, the numbers of supporters, it seemed like destiny to me.

On Social Media for me, it seemed to be dominated by Supporters for Trump.  For my networks it seemed to be more dominated by women than men.  I think the women had bigger balls than most men (sorry guys) when it came to social media posts, comments, battles.  Haha

Anyway, thought I would share this.

What fun that must have been, Erik!  I would have loved to go to a rally, but he never came close enough for me to make one.  I can just imagine how much fun that was.  The media portrayed all of the rally goers as all white, racist pigs fighting all over the place.  I knew that was a lie.  Pretty much everything they wrote and said this election cycle was!!   I "campaigned" among my friends on Facebook, but I didn't go beyond that until after the election.  Hahaha - I just didn't know who I would piss off - and owning a business, you have to walk that line you know.  But I was the same, after the election, I found out that WAY more people were for Trump than I even anticipated.  Apparently there was that silent majority that didn't speak up and tell pollsters or anybody else for that matter that they supported Trump.  Anyway - I hope he continues to do those rallies after he takes office like he said he is and I hope I get to go to one of those.