ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Led retrofit

• Board Patron

Just wondering what everyone is using for retrofitting sign cabinets from fluorescent to Led's. I have used the click sticks and was happy with the outcome , but was wondering if there was a better product to use. Thanks in advance.

Depends if you want a quick solution or a quality long term outcome. 

Most quick slap in products won't last, and most likely their Chinese imports and rarely truly tested by third party.  We've had quite a few use our Reckless 4 by retrofitting in aluminum angles in cabinets and attaching the Reckless 4 modules.  The big difference between the two solutions are, the Chinese LED's are well Chinese diodes, and their Constant Voltage (unregulated).  The Reckless are Current Regulated for long life, High Tier Samsung Chips and their Korean......so that means they go through rigorous quality control, and their a true white, not a washed out, or purple, or horrible green tone.

From a business standpoint, I don't see a reason to retrofit unless the access is hard and expensive to get to.  I would change the Fluorescent Lamps to better longlife products like Voltarc's Tri-Phosphor instead of single phosphate lamps, have you seen their electrodes???

From what we've done here on the board in analysis the ROI from a retrofit doesn't make sense, and waiting 20 to 40 years doesn't make sense for the customer all because they want to be "cool", or someone is trying to falsely claim they can in a sales pitch they can save 80 to 90% in energy saving.

But I always tell people, if you've found something you like and you're happy with it and you KNOW from your own case history that it lasts, don't change a thing!  But if you're unsure of long term results and you don't trust what a mfg or supplier rep is telling you then maybe it's time to make a switch.  The most important person to all this is the "consumer"

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

I agree with you 100% Eric. On those Reckless 4 modules. I see that they are one module per foot. Is it safe to say for an 8" deep cabinet, I can keep those "tight" at 1 foot and get no spotting? Or do I need to "squeeze" them together to like 8" on center to get better even lighting. I have not used these before but have read your reviews and tests with them.  Just trying to estimate this right and not over or under order. 

Uh oh, I must have a typo somewhere.  It should be 2 mods per foot, let me know where my goof up is.

8" to 10" is probably safe on center, their bright as hell.  I'll be doing a video soon on these with light measurements for different thickness cabinets. 

A lot of LED reps will always sell shops short on "This one module per foot is bright enough", or you can space your rows 12" to 18" with our product and "Save" for a  "Good amount of light"  These quotes crack me up, and what always happens is the sign shops end up doubling to tripling what they were told because the consumer ws upset about what was installed.  Their models the LED mfg (I've seen this with Hanley LED) bring to shows or their wording is fine if the sign is the only thing sitting by itself around in a dark warehouse but not fine if their sign is competing with others in a shopping center with neighboring signs.

As sign shops we don't "usable light", we want BRIGHT light, lol....and of course we don't want it to degrade fast or have individual diodes fail.  "usable light" is the term LED reps use when their products hit 25,000 to 40,000 hours when the modules are at 60% to 50% from their original light output :)

PM or email (orders@thesignsyndicate.com) me your address, and I can shoot you over some sample.  Put them along side anything you've been using and I'm very confident you'll be VERY impressed.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

Thanks Eric, I just sent you a P.M, I am working up a quote for my customer with your recommendations. Aluminum angle and Reckless 4 Led's.

Thanks again for your assistance.