High-End Sign Bulbs In Action
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Ushio Bulbs Linear-800.png

I've gotten many questions over the last year or so and an email the other day that finally put me over and was the final straw for me.  "Do these lamps flash, animate, and dim??? 

I've been meaning to make a video to answer all those question on the USHIO Utopia LED s14 2 watt bulbs that we stock and have sold a lot of, and well.....finally did it!

UtopiaLEDS14 cutsheet 800.jpg

It's a short quick 1 minute video video but I didn't want to bore anyone out of their mind, but I did have fun doing it, and it gave me a chance to work with controllers again, something I don't get a chance that often because my city doesn't allow for anything flashing or animating . 

I may do a more in depth video later but i think this one does a pretty good job of it.  These LED lamps truly are nicely made and bright lil suckers.  Anyone who's bought from us can tell you, well...I've always been very impressed with USHIO of Japan products, they make high-end products and you always get what you pay for!

2 Watt LED Lamp Spec Downloadable Sheet SS-USHIO-s14-1.pdf

You can purchase these from our online shopping cart HERE, or order by phone (858) 880-1400

VIDEO

UtopiaLEDS14 Qualifications 400.jpg

We put these in for one of our customers who has an old sign with chasing lights around part of it - over a year and no issues.  Our customer is very happy not to be changing light bulbs every 3-4 months.  They are much brighter than we thought they would be.  Well worth the initial cost!

2 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1

• Similar Content

• By Erik Sine
      The Sign Syndicate - March 2017 Video Update

Topics:

USHIO s14 LED Lamps
      http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/index.php?/store/category/45-s14-led-lamps/

The Hall Of Shame
      http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/index.php?/forums/forum/175-the-hall-of-shame/

• By Erik Sine
      The Sign Syndicate proudly distributes the Ushio Utopia LED s14 Lamp for all your Sign & Lighting Projects.

These can be purchased from our online store or call to place your order

http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/index.php?/store/category/45-s14-led-lamps/

Utopia™ LED S14 series of lamps are not only built to operate in the demanding conditions of signs, marquees and amusement rides, but they are also uniquely designed to provide an appearance that replicates traditional incandescent lamps. Utopia lamps do all of this while saving up to 80% in energy costs.

The Utopia LED S14 lamps use special AC LEDs which allow them to operate with fewer electrical components. This reduces the number of potential points of failure, providing you with a more reliable product. This higher level of reliability is especially important in hard to change applications. These dimmable LED lamps consume only 2 watts of power and are able to be cycled and flashed. Their life is rated for up to 50,000 hours, and they’re approved for wet location operation.

USHIO is proud to stand behind these energy-saving LED lamps with a 5-year warranty. The Utopia LED S14 lamps come in E26 medium base with warm white color (2700K). These LED S14 lamps are available in clear, frost, red, green, blue, and yellow.

FEATURES & BENEFITS
      • Energy Saving
      • Dimmable
      • Able to Cycle & Flash
      • Unique Optic for a Dramatic Appearance
      • AC LED – Less Components Mean More Reliability
      • Wet Location Rated for Indoor or Outdoor Use
      • Direct Replacement for 11W S14 Lamps
      • Long Life: 50,000 Hours
      • Application Friendly: UV Free & IR Free
      • Environmentally Friendly: Mercury Free, Lead Free and RoHS Compliant
      • 5-Year Limited Warranty

APPLICATIONS
      • Signs
      • Marquees
      • Amusement Lighting
      • Accent Lighting
      • Indoor and Outdoor
    • By Eddie Larsen
      Today I begin my 51st year in this wonderful creative business we are all in......seems like just yesterday I got started by cementing those little blue and red Florida Plastic 1/2" letters onto a 2" x 24" strip of white acrylic for the McDonald's menu boards we were producing at Plasticraft (formerly Pensacola Neon Sign Co) Manufacturing Co. in Pensacola at 3 AM to have that Menu Board on the truck that was leaving at 6 AM to deliver the complete sign package to a new location somewhere in the Southeastern US. We made over 450 sign installations for McDonald's and many of them are still being used and still working. Moving into the sales end of the business came naturally to me and I went on to join Everbrite in 1971 as their regional sales guy in the Chicago area and throughout the Midwest handling major accounts like Sears Roebuck, Meister Brau Brewing Company (Later bought by Miller Brewing) and major agency accounts like Phillip Morris and R J Reynolds through a couple of major advertising agencies such as Leo Burnett (Marlboro) and BBD&O (Kentucky Fried Chicken) and others. In 1974 I joined American Sign and Indicator Corporation (Spokane, WA) as the District Manager for the Midwest Region. The new and  exciting concept of displaying Time/Temperature and Message Center Signs fit right in with the electronics training I had received while serving in the US Navy during and after the Korean conflict. I was their numero uno Salesman for at least three years during my 7 years with them.

I bought into a small company in 1981 in the Chicago area and became an "Owner" of a sign company with all of it's trials and tribulations. We grew quite rapidly (seems like some weeks had two Fridays though) as financial matters was not my long suit, but somehow we made it through those tough days and just when it seemed we were on our way to real success the Desert Storm war hit and business just stopped. I tried real hard to outlast that recession but just did not make it as Innovative Industries, Inc. My former partner passed away and the IRS went after his estate so I was left with only two choices, work for them or toss them the keys. I opted to shut it all down and opened another company with the help of some friends in the business as Sign Central, Inc. as a supplier for many local companies as I had one of the first and largest CNC (Cyber-mation) router tables in the area. My client list grew and grew and we had successfully transitioned in to our role as a subcontractor to many local and regional sign companies.

In June of 1993 a major health problem surfaced. I had a six way heart bypass surgery and almost ended my problems here on this earth. A miracle happened and with God's gracious hand he healed me. It took me most of two years to sell my company and I retired to Florida to live out what life I had left. That turned out to be almost 12 years of living in the sunshine state and still keeping my hand in the business by selling signs for a local Fort Lauderdale firm.
      My wife passed in 2006 and it became quite lonely down there. After two years I decided to relocate to my Hometown of Aiken, South Carolina where I had many relatives. Trying to avoid boredom I decided to continue selling signs for one of the local sign companies in Augusta, Georgia (17 Miles from Aiken) and have been here since. Still doing what I love to do in the most remunerativly and creatively rewarding business there is.

I  hope I have not bored anyone with this bit of my personal history but I finally wrote it all down. I have had a wonderful life through God's Grace, I re-married six years ago and I enjoy every precious moment that I live and I am so grateful for the wonderful people I have met and/or worked with over those years. I hope that they might feel the same way about me. Just in case some of them might read this, my email is EddieL@finufsign.com. I would love to hear from any of you and share some other moments and memories.

Eddie Larsen, Sales Manager  - Finuf Sign Co., Inc. - Grovetown (Augusta), Georgia
    • By Erik Sine
      Are a lot of you using LED's for Cabinet Lighting, new and retrofits?  I'm curious about your input on the brightness appearance. 

Is it as good as Fluorescent lamps (T8's and T12's)?

What products have you been using for this?

Thanks
      Erik

• Topics

• yep but we also have the customers who ship us sign before the foundations are even dug and treat my shop like their warehouse 
    • Is is just my age showing or has the sign installation world come to the mindset that if you can get a meal for 10 in 10 minutes, then signs should be installed the minute they reach your shop.  What have some of you others out there been experiencing.  It used to be once you received a sign to be installed, it was ok to have a two week window to get it done.  Now, if you don't have it up within a day or so after received, you get attacked by Corporate.  Now, if we are able to it, we certainly will but we are a small company and we are busy this time of year.  Maybe they need to direct some of this push to the sign manufacturers.  If I am told that the sign went into production 6 weeks ago, and I don't get it until a few days before someone expects it to be installed, then maybe it needs to be shipped sooner.  Too bad getting paid doesn't work the same way.   Had to vent.  It's been especially bad right now.  Seems like no matter which jobs go out for installation, the rest of them are hot on my heels.  I am so tired of being threatened all the time.  This isn't being  done on purpose.  I mean, who could stay in business long if that was the way a company was operated?  Geesh!
    • Premier Sign Systems, LLC is one of the largest and fastest growing signage and awning companies in Western New York area. Our company has full fabrication of signs and awnings in-house.  We also have full installer department with multiple crane and bucket trucks. We are growing rapidly & seeking a new sales representative / project managers.  At Premier Sign, we specialized in all types of illuminated signs, vinyl graphics & awnings. We manufacture channel letter, large pylon sign, monument signs, box signs and commercial awnings.  Our service area covers about a 150 mile radius of Rochester, NY including the Buffalo and Syracuse, NY area. We are seeking a commission based sales rep that is loyal, honest, & self-motivated. He or she must be organized, well-spoken and be professional in appearance & manner to represent our company. They must have a friendly attitude when dealing with client relations, and have excellent communication skills with the Clients and staff. They must have experience in cold calling, acquiring local, regional, and national clients. A valid Driver's License and Personal Vehicle are required.  Travel will be required to meet with customers and expand our coverage area. A Minimum of 1 year Sign Sales Experience and Knowledge in the Sign/awning Industry is preferred but not required.  Must have good computer skills, knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software and internet.  QuickBooks knowledge is preferred but not required. Salary is negotiable but typically sales are paid on straight commission.  We offer paid vacation, insurance and have a 401K program. Please send your resume to james@premiersignsystems.com  for review. Thank You,   James Peacock Operation Manager Premier Sign Systems, LLC 1. BROCHURE -2015-REV4.pdf
    • Premier Sign Systems, LLC is one of the largest and fastest growing signage and awning companies in Western New York area. We are looking to add SIGN INSTALLERS and SERVICE TECHNICIANS to join our team in Rochester, NY. Ideal candidates will have the following prior experience, including: mobile crane operation, sign installation, electrical maintenance, welding, valid CDL, crane license, ability to pass drug test and background check. Journeyman or Master Sign Electrician license is a plus. We offer competitive pay, insurance, vacation, paid holidays and 401K. Email your resume or work history to: james@premiersignsystems.com or call James Peacock: 585-235-0390 ext.102 for more information. Website: www.premiersignsystems.com Location of Opportunity: Rochester, NY United States Relocation reimbursement possible   1. BROCHURE -2015-REV4.pdf
    • Quote of the Day....   Define success on your own terms Achieve it by your own rules and Building a life you're proud to live...   By Anne Sweeney       Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room

• Latest Videos