ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Buyer Beware On Channel Letters

Check this out.

This is for a national chain "Stanton Optical" who's saving money on buying their channel letters directly from CHINA, then having local sign shops install them.

I don't think need to say much.  Upon a closer look, yes the paint job is from a paint can....who's quality is so good even Earl Sheib is jelly!!  Oh and let's not leave out the VERY high quality constant voltage (Blue View) LEDs fastened by caulking :P

China LEDs.JPG

In case you were going to ask YES........they are UL Listed :lol_hitting::lol_hitting::lol_hitting:

China UL.JPG

Thanks sooooo much to our Sign Trade Magazines who's articles pound the bastardization of our industry and turn our trade into a commodity where "anyone can do it" environment everything is now a mail order.  Wonder if these came with a 5 year warranty  

• Like 1

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• !llumenati

I can get the sign cheaper.  And it is LED .  That's the answer we get.

We made and installed signs for a Large Storage Company for 8 years straight. All Neon  They decided to go with another vendor who said LED was the way to go, the savings, the quality etc.

2 years later those signs had the common dimming and outages. 

They called me back and said......Why are your neon signs always lighting and no service calls ?

I'm back making all the signs with neon, only at higher prices this time.

I love the shit signs from others.  Keep up the shitty work and cheap prices

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Board Patron

The freaking UL sticker won't even stick to it!!  Hahaha - HOW is that UL listed??  Think UL needs to be made aware of ones like this.  Only way we are going to stop folks like this.  

• Like 1

It seems EVERY time one of our "good customers" tell me they can get it for less online I get a call within 2 years to come fix it. Funny how our service rate can go up for those calls. I just can't figure it out.....

Can anyone out there shine shit?

• Board Patron

I had a liquor store that I lost the bid for LED channel letters that is two stores down from a pharmacy we had completed. It's about five years and the liquor store sign is failing...spotty lighting and the trim is coming apart...the pharmacy looks new...I can only take credit for selling  and installing, I have a great sub that does our electric signage...but.the liquor store saved money!     Ha hah...

he also lost a customer as well. ....

Edited by stamford signs
Misspelling

• Board Patron

for the record, we also put silicone on each led module along with the provided VHB tape. added insurance, nothing wrong with it. Id call it hack if they didnt use silicone.

• Board Patron
On 3/21/2017 at 4:32 PM, Signsfast said:

for the record, we also put silicone on each led module along with the provided VHB tape. added insurance, nothing wrong with it. Id call it hack if they didnt use silicone.

We also silicone every LED on both sides as its possible for the vhb tape to fail. We caulk the seams between the returns and backs for both clinched or welded letters.   On a side note LED's that have the "circuit board" look always look cheap to me and not really a sign component.  Lastly when this fails how do the get warranty replacements?  I know of a company no longer in business that did a massive change over and 3 months later it had over a 80 percent failure rate. When it was time to start getting warranty and replacements the company did nothing leaving him to replace it all 600+k worth out of pocket.  Kind of like buying a rolex out of a guys trunk at the gas station.   I only buy LED's and electric parts from someone who can and will either replace or will be writing checks to fix the problem.  Just like the allanson trans thread I dont give a rip about the transformer cost I acre about the service call cost and my rep as a wholesale builder.

• !llumenati

Exactly   We do the same work and I do not care about the cheapest price.  

I want quality components 

I only want to go back to the customer for a new sign order, not service 

• Like 1

This is what happens when you don't use the silicone and only rely on the VHB...and use VHB to block a module up to not be shadowed by an LED driver...This was a company out of Indiana that made these...

20170324_094029[1].jpg

20170324_094022[1].jpg

20170324_094025[1].jpg

• Board Patron

Oh my!!  We use silicone too, just not as much as the first post.  I have never seen the layered tape deal before.  Hahaha - Are those UL listed??  Just curious.

• Board Patron
42 minutes ago, tdewitt said:

They Claim they are UL listed...

Hahaha - I guess as long as they aren't inspected, right.