Just Out of Curiosity - Day Without a Woman
8 8

29 posts in this topic

I know this is not about the sign industry, but just out of morbid curiosity - what are you guys thoughts on this "Day without a woman" crap these fools are doing tomorrow??  There are schools actually closing because they have TEACHERS that aren't going to show up for work tomorrow!!  My opinion is, you don't show up for work here tomorrow for some mess like this, you don't have a job on Thursday!  Enough is enough of this crap!  Just wanted to know - as a woman - what I may be missing??!!   LOL

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day without a Woman.......Who's going to cook, clean and do the laundry ?

And make the bed ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, paul321 said:

Day without a Woman.......Who's going to cook, clean and do the laundry ?

And make the bed ?

 

Hahaha - Too funny!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally think that this needs to apply only to the "personal being" of such women. As in the home when she gets home (if she works). If this is suppose to be a feminist thing and take place outside of the home, than I am with you Sign Lady. No worky, No Job. These feminist have fought for equal rights but then want special treatment??? In the business community as we all know it's not so much your gender as it is your job description and how you perform at such job. So what are they trying to accomplish? Hilarious!:laughing1:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed Sign Lady    My wife will be working also

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I am identifying as a woman so I don't have to go into the shop. Thanks obama

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Signsfast said:

Today I am identifying as a woman so I don't have to go into the shop. Thanks obama

 

 

Well, since you can decide just before going into a restroom what you feel like you are today, I guess you are allowed.  LOL   Too funny.  Sad when you really think about it though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all BS - I was in the Navy for 8 years, 10 years as a secretary  and now 19 years in this sign shop.  You want equality?  Do the job!  Want a raise?  Do the job!  Deserve a raise?  Ask for it! If you don't get what you deserve, find a job where you will.  Just stop blaming other people.  I'm sure there are situations/companies that really work that way.  I guess I've been blessed not to be in that situation. 

 

There were some instances in the Navy where the "old guard" called me sweetheart and made inappropriate comments.  I stood up for my self and called bs on it.  The one guy who didn't quit got reported to our superiors (chain of command, it works) and then he quit.  Retaliation?  Nope.  Our leadership took effective action and shut him down.

 

Maybe this "Womens Day" was to call attention to women all over the world that are treated as second class citizens - not equal to their male counterparts (I don't know the real issue, I missed the memo)?  How does our "support" by not going to work help these women out?  wouldn't it be better to find organizations that support helping these women and donate a day's pay to them?

 

I'm not entitled to anything because I'm a woman.  I'm entitled to what I earn because I work for it. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I should have said I earned it, but God blessed me with everything I have!  Like the will to work for what I want ... :thumbs:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, HansonSigns said:

It's all BS - I was in the Navy for 8 years, 10 years as a secretary  and now 19 years in this sign shop.  You want equality?  Do the job!  Want a raise?  Do the job!  Deserve a raise?  Ask for it! If you don't get what you deserve, find a job where you will.  Just stop blaming other people.  I'm sure there are situations/companies that really work that way.  I guess I've been blessed not to be in that situation. 

 

There were some instances in the Navy where the "old guard" called me sweetheart and made inappropriate comments.  I stood up for my self and called bs on it.  The one guy who didn't quit got reported to our superiors (chain of command, it works) and then he quit.  Retaliation?  Nope.  Our leadership took effective action and shut him down.

 

Maybe this "Womens Day" was to call attention to women all over the world that are treated as second class citizens - not equal to their male counterparts (I don't know the real issue, I missed the memo)?  How does our "support" by not going to work help these women out?  wouldn't it be better to find organizations that support helping these women and donate a day's pay to them?

 

I'm not entitled to anything because I'm a woman.  I'm entitled to what I earn because I work for it. 

 

 

AMEN!!!!!   Everything these days is somebody's fault, or somebody else is to blame.  No personal responsibility anymore.  Saw this morning that they are actually having NAP SESSIONS on some of these college campuses!!!  Just when you think you have heard it all .......  A celebrity said the other day that Donald Trump is making her gain weight!! NO, your lack of will is causing you to gain weight.  Your lack of being able to stop your arm from moving up and down to your mouth is causing you to gain weight.  I am sick of everything being somebody else's fault, never their own.  If some of these "kids" had grown up when we did, they would not have survived!  Fact.  

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife was out on the streets, working!  :)

My life didn't skip a beat.  Too bad us real taxpayers can't risk taking some organized time off.  We could cripple this country in a week.  And show the snowflakes who still controls their whiny butts.  Not to mention, we'd wake up the politicians.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to chuckle, and I have to note that today, we've had a lot of angry members unsubscribe today from newsletters because of this thread.

 

I've received everything from:

 

"FUCK YOU"

 

to....

 

"As a woman, I don't want to be ridiculed. Just because you don't experience
sexism in your life doesn't mean that others have that experience. I wish
you had shown kindness and compassion for others less fortunate..."

 

Lot's of emotion out there.    :lol_hitting::lol_hitting::lol_hitting:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please forward the attached to all of the folks that unsubscribed do to this horrific thread.

Hurt Feelings Report.pdf

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excuse my French, but... Fuck them.  Oh well, I guess someone has to make Target, and Starbucks signs.  :D

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also a a sign woman (19 years in the industry) and I have been very lucky.  Especially here in Idaho.  But if you can't see that we're the exception, then you're not looking very hard.  Women have fought hard for every "right" we have in this country including marching and protests.  If that's what it is going to take to keep these rights and continue our rise to "across the board" equality, then so be it.  I did not take part in this particular protest because I had responsibilities at work, but I fully supported those that did.  I will always support peaceful protest.  As the mother of daughters, I believe it is imperative to support ALL women.  That being said, I would prefer to not see political posts here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Discrimination ?  Really ?

 I am a White Male, Born here in America, Speak English and went thru the Public School System.

 I got the same schooling as everyone else did, Blacks, Whites, Orange and Green, Male or Female

 

College Aid.......Nothing for me, my parents worked.

I have been discriminated against my entire adult life. In Civil Service, It was minority hiring....1 White male for every 3 minorities. ( Failures too ) Then it was the Women. They could not pass the Physical Test. Again they and all the Minorities got special free schooling to pass the test.  I had to pay. ( All the White Boys )

Same with all promotional tests.

 

In the Sign Business, and other businesses, I lose to all the Minority Contractors and Women Owned businesses. That's the law.

Some Companies go as far as asking are you Women Owned, Minority Owned, Gay, Transgender, Bi-Sexual and ......

 

My fault is I get up everyday at 6 am and work 6 Days a week, for over 30 years.  I am the Minority

 

I agree with  Sign Lady.   I am entitled to what I earn, because I work for it.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bethany, on your second post, in 5 years.  You would prefer not to see political posts here.  Way to be a team player.  This site has a lot of  "political" posts.  Mainly Sign politics, but we do occasionally tread into the real political world.  

 

The "Day without Women" from what I read, this is from the Post, " Organizers hope to call attention to economic injustices women face such as lower wages, gender discrimination, sexual harassment and job insecurities. The day is also intended to push for gender justice, recognizing that trans and gender non-conforming people face equally compelling issues of discrimination and marginalization. "

So the last 8 years the women got no where...  Face it, it was nothing to do about Women's rights.  If so, they would have done this every year.  It was all about protesting Trump.  Oh, and also promoting men who are women.  And women who are men.  Do you not see any hypocrisy in this?

 

Paul, great post!  Bravo!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, paul321 said:

Discrimination ?  Really ?

 I am a White Male, Born here in America, Speak English and went thru the Public School System.

 I got the same schooling as everyone else did, Blacks, Whites, Orange and Green, Male or Female

 

College Aid.......Nothing for me, my parents worked.

I have been discriminated against my entire adult life. In Civil Service, It was minority hiring....1 White male for every 3 minorities. ( Failures too ) Then it was the Women. They could not pass the Physical Test. Again they and all the Minorities got special free schooling to pass the test.  I had to pay. ( All the White Boys )

Same with all promotional tests.

 

In the Sign Business, and other businesses, I lose to all the Minority Contractors and Women Owned businesses. That's the law.

Some Companies go as far as asking are you Women Owned, Minority Owned, Gay, Transgender, Bi-Sexual and ......

 

My fault is I get up everyday at 6 am and work 6 Days a week, for over 30 years.  I am the Minority

 

I agree with  Sign Lady.   I am entitled to what I earn, because I work for it.

Absolutely you are entitled to what you earn  Hard work by anyone is commendable, honorable and appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, alltex said:

Bethany, on your second post, in 5 years.  You would prefer not to see political posts here.  Way to be a team player.  This site has a lot of  "political" posts.  Mainly Sign politics, but we do occasionally tread into the real political world.  

 

The "Day without Women" from what I read, this is from the Post, " Organizers hope to call attention to economic injustices women face such as lower wages, gender discrimination, sexual harassment and job insecurities. The day is also intended to push for gender justice, recognizing that trans and gender non-conforming people face equally compelling issues of discrimination and marginalization. "

So the last 8 years the women got no where...  Face it, it was nothing to do about Women's rights.  If so, they would have done this every year.  It was all about protesting Trump.  Oh, and also promoting men who are women.  And women who are men.  Do you not see any hypocrisy in this?

 

Paul, great post!  Bravo!

Paul, I respectfully disagree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, iesigns said:

Paul, I respectfully disagree. 

You disagree with me, not Paul.  Not sure what you disagree with.  It's as if you think no man has suffered, died defending this Country, helped build, and create what we all have.  I've been a guy for 49 years.  I still have never been invited to the club.  Where men get together, plot and plan to hold women, or non Caucasian races down.  I live in TX.  I think I'd be someone that group would contact.  My mother worked her ass off, going to college-paid her own way, to become an Attorney.  Which she did for nearly 40 years.  She instilled my work ethic.  Not my father who left us when I was around 8.  When I hit 18, I joined the Army.  Went to school, worked 3 jobs at some times.  I've been in the sign biz for 25 years now, 10 as an owner (with my wife).  My wife hung wallpaper for 20 years.  Started her biz when she was 22.  She, like me have worked for everything we have.  Zero, I mean zero help from our families, or the Gov.

Disagree with me as much as you want.  No one should demand to be treated more special, than anyone else.  Basically, that's what all the protests are about.  That, and Hillary losing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, alltex said:

You disagree with me, not Paul.  Not sure what you disagree with.  It's as if you think no man has suffered, died defending this Country, helped build, and create what we all have.  I've been a guy for 49 years.  I still have never been invited to the club.  Where men get together, plot and plan to hold women, or non Caucasian races down.  I live in TX.  I think I'd be someone that group would contact.  My mother worked her ass off, going to college-paid her own way, to become an Attorney.  Which she did for nearly 40 years.  She instilled my work ethic.  Not my father who left us when I was around 8.  When I hit 18, I joined the Army.  Went to school, worked 3 jobs at some times.  I've been in the sign biz for 25 years now, 10 as an owner (with my wife).  My wife hung wallpaper for 20 years.  Started her biz when she was 22.  She, like me have worked for everything we have.  Zero, I mean zero help from our families, or the Gov.

Disagree with me as much as you want.  No one should demand to be treated more special, than anyone else.  Basically, that's what all the protests are about.  That, and Hillary losing.

I apologize.  I find these threads a bit hard to follow.  I never said or inferred in any way that I was slamming men.  I come from a military family and have nothing but respect.  I also have 6 brothers and we were all raised with a strong work ethic.  I also don't believe in preferential treatment, just equality.  That's it.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, alltex said:

You disagree with me, not Paul.  Not sure what you disagree with.  It's as if you think no man has suffered, died defending this Country, helped build, and create what we all have.  I've been a guy for 49 years.  I still have never been invited to the club.  Where men get together, plot and plan to hold women, or non Caucasian races down.  I live in TX.  I think I'd be someone that group would contact.  My mother worked her ass off, going to college-paid her own way, to become an Attorney.  Which she did for nearly 40 years.  She instilled my work ethic.  Not my father who left us when I was around 8.  When I hit 18, I joined the Army.  Went to school, worked 3 jobs at some times.  I've been in the sign biz for 25 years now, 10 as an owner (with my wife).  My wife hung wallpaper for 20 years.  Started her biz when she was 22.  She, like me have worked for everything we have.  Zero, I mean zero help from our families, or the Gov.

Disagree with me as much as you want.  No one should demand to be treated more special, than anyone else.  Basically, that's what all the protests are about.  That, and Hillary losing.

 

AMEN!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Erik Sine said:

I have to chuckle, and I have to note that today, we've had a lot of angry members unsubscribe today from newsletters because of this thread.

 

I've received everything from:

 

"FUCK YOU"

 

to....

 

"As a woman, I don't want to be ridiculed. Just because you don't experience
sexism in your life doesn't mean that others have that experience. I wish
you had shown kindness and compassion for others less fortunate..."

 

Lot's of emotion out there.    :lol_hitting::lol_hitting::lol_hitting:

 

 

You have GOT to be joking, right??  So, let me get this straight.  THEY have the right to protest and act a fool, but I don't have the right to post a question to see what the thoughts are on it, on a site that I visit EVERY day with people I consider my friends??  That proves exactly where we are in this Country right now.  SOME have rights (the whack a doodle left), and those that don't AGREE with THEM don't!!  And the sad part is, the irony and hypocrisy of that just completely escapes them.  And as for the one that stated "as a woman, I don't want to be ridiculed.  Just because you don't experience sexism ....." - nobody has been ridiculed in this post.  It was merely a question that I asked AS A WOMAN!!!!  Which, last I checked, I have the right to do.  If the snowflakes took offense to this post, maybe they don't need to come on here.  LOL - I am sorry I caused you any problems though, Erik.  I hope you know that was NEVER my intention or purpose in asking what I thought was just a thought provoking inquiry because it was on my mind that day.  These people, that if you don't agree with everything they believe, think that opposition things should not be posted or discussed, should not be on here.  That is just my personal opinion.  This isn't a college campus where you can shout people down & shut them down just because you don't agree with them, or act like children and turn your back on a speaker or burn the school down because you don't agree with what the speaker says or believes.  Because, in my mind, that is what I LOVE so much about this site.  The differences in opinions and the ability we all have to agree to disagree at times without this kind of crap/behavior/temper tantrums.  I just STILL wonder what in the hell they were "protesting"?????  Like someone else said - if it were REALLY about women's rights, they would have been doing this every year, but they haven't been.  Just be honest about it.  Call it what it was.  A protest of President Trump - for whatever reason Hollyweird tells them they should today.  Time to get rid of the safe spaces, the therapy dogs, the hot chocolate and get back to being responsible ADULTS!!!!  Enough is enough.  #NOTMYMARCH!!  #IHAVERIGHTSTOO

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iesigns said:

I am also a a sign woman (19 years in the industry) and I have been very lucky.  Especially here in Idaho.  But if you can't see that we're the exception, then you're not looking very hard.  Women have fought hard for every "right" we have in this country including marching and protests.  If that's what it is going to take to keep these rights and continue our rise to "across the board" equality, then so be it.  I did not take part in this particular protest because I had responsibilities at work, but I fully supported those that did.  I will always support peaceful protest.  As the mother of daughters, I believe it is imperative to support ALL women.  That being said, I would prefer to not see political posts here. 

 

 

Bethany,

 

First of all, my first sentence was, that I knew this wasn't about the sign industry (been doing it 28+ years), but out of morbid curiosity, I wanted to see what my "friends" here thought about what was going on.  At any point after reading that, you didn't have to continue to read my inquiry.  Just saying.  Last I checked, I have the right to post what I want to, as you have the right not to read what you don't.

 

Secondly, if you will read my question again, you will not see in it anywhere where I say some women don't experience some form of discrimination at some point in their lives.  Didn't say it, didn't imply it, didn't infer it.  If you will look 2 or 3 posts back of mine, you will see where I was discussing with Erik that very thing - that when men call here sometimes I can tell them something, but they will want to talk to my husband to get the final word - he gets on the phone and tells them the very same thing I just got finished telling them, and they take his word for it.  Difference is, I don't take all of that PERSONALLY!!  I don't go into a deep depression and throw a fit or get out and march - don't need a safe space with a therapy dog, play dough and hot chocolate -  I especially don't DELIBERATELY hurt other people like the children that had no teachers that day - because I know at the end of the day, the people I care most about know my worth and most importantly, I know my worth!!!  The rest, I could care less about what they think of me or my worth!!!  I work and bust my butt every day because I own just as much of this business as my husband does, and know just as much as he does about this industry.  So, no, I don't have to look very hard because I experience it all of the time.  So your inference that I haven't been on that side of it, is absurd on its face.  But while looking, all I see in this Country today are women THRIVING more than any time in memory.  Women that can do ANYTHING they WANT to as long as they apply themselves and work as hard as I and others do.  LIMITLESS opportunities.  In some instances more opportunities than men.  Like Paul said, men lose out to women every time if they are listed as a woman owned or minority owned business.  FACT.  They have more tools at their disposal than ever, that if they experience sexism or any other ism for that matter, they can fight back and do.  I just want to know what right President Trump has taken away from the marching, protesting women with the stupid looking hats on their heads or the vaginas over their faces??  NONE!  That is the answer.  The only thing I kept hearing them say when asked was Planned Parenthood and or abortion.  I, myself, as a woman, am offended by THAT!  I am more than just my body parts!  Pretty hard to take them seriously. So are they protesting the right to kill babies??  Is that what their "movement" is about??  Seems so.  So, no, I DON'T support THAT!!!  So if my supporting ALL women means I have to support that, then I respectfully "RESIST"!!  If they don't think they have rights, they should take a look at women that TRULY don't.  Like women that suffer genital mutilation, women that are stoned to death or other forms of honor killing - then they may just realize exactly how great they have it here in the good old US of A.  Thank goodness the vast majority don't agree with their cause.

 

Last, I believe in the right to a peaceful protest as well, but that is NOT what we have afoot these days.  FAR from it.  I also believe that your right to "peacefully assemble" and "protest" STOPS when you infringe on the rights of others and or destroy property of others!!  And that is exactly what they wanted that "A Day Without A Woman" to do (though other than the schools having to close, they MISSED and fell short - nobody but the mainstream media, Hollyweird and the far left cared).  When you cross over into hurting CHILDREN when schools have to be closed because TEACHERS, the people that are given one of the most sacred of jobs, teaching and caring for our children, refuse to show up because of some kind of mess like this, you have gone TOO FAR!!  They didn't help their "cause", they hurt it - and the children.  I am the mother of a daughter, and the grandmother of a granddaughter.  I raised my daughter from a very young age to be a STRONG woman that is self sufficient, know her worth and not take crap from ANYBODY.  I have always told both of them that they don't need to get out and march and protest to prove their worth.  That they only need to know their worth, know that all of us that love them know their worth, and make darn sure they know not to stand for anything they feel is wrong for them.  That is what I feel is imperative as a mother and grandmother - and they are the ONLY women I feel I owe my support to.  

 

Just a last note about what I have learned about The Sign Syndicate site over the years ...... and I hope I speak for the vast MAJORITY of the others here ..... you are liable to see ANYTHING on here - those easily offended are going to be.  #NOTMYMARCH   #IHAVERIGHTSTOO  #ISHOWEDUPTOWORK

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
8 8