Our thoughts are with his family. Another reminder of respect for that which bites.
Police release identity on man electrocuted at Florida Keys marina
BY DAVID GOODHUE
Police released the identity of the man electrocuted while working on a sign at Whale Harbor Marina Saturday afternoon.
Roger Dinneen, 54, was working on the sign at Wahoo’s Bar & Grill and asked a co-worker to turn the electricity back on so he could see which lights were not working, said Deputy Becky Herrin, media relations officer for the Monroe Sheriff’s Office.
The other worker switched the power back on and returned to the sign with a volt meter and saw his colleague being electrocuted. He rushed back to the office to shut the power off.
When he got back to the sign, Dinneen was unconscious and lying on the ground, Herrin said.
Medics took Dinneen to Mariners Hospital where he was pronounced dead. The Sheriff’s Office Major Crimes Unit is investigating the incident.
Assuming they were the right bolts to begin with, torqued down to the proper specs. $$$$ As far as 3rd party inspections go it's hard enough to find anyone to service this equipment let alone inspect it. Sign companies repair when it breaks and expect the driver to be the inspector or "fall guy". Most of the time the driver is barely a sign guy to qualify as aerial equipment inspector. The equipment may also have been used past it's limits many times to weaken the bolts as in extended all the way out at almost a horizontal angle. It happened to a 100ft Manitex bucket that was nearly all the way out installing a sign 20 ft off the ground. Can you say pop the bolts like popcorn.