ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Stepping away from the USSC

People wanted an update about how things were going with my time spent at the USSC, or United States Sign Council

Well....I had to step away. 

I'll get into the good, the bad, and the ugly this week.  I'll be releasing a full article this week, and it's the main reason why I stepped away.  I was asked to write it, it was thought to be too controversial.  Some wanted it, some did not have the courage to follow through and get it out.  I can't waste my time and sit on something of value and wait for individuals who are  worrying about who might get offended, and be wary of sensitivity.

I lost patience, and faith that anything would happen with the USSC when it comes to the core values & principals that the electric sign industry holds at heart.  I can't as a person who puts an industry first before making a buck, especially being in a position of industry leadership to stand by and do nothing. 

That's not leading, nor doing what needs to be done, that's being careful, and leading from behind.

Most will get a kick out of, and enjoy the article.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• !llumenati

That didn't take long.   You must have been like an elephant in their canoe.

Its all about the money. Not the truth or end user.

See, as a long time participant, and as someone who's been/gone there for a number of years you know exactly what how it's been.

I truly was the elephant. 

Some thought I was refreshing from the old stale bunch, some didn't like me because either I wasn't their typical follower because I was engaging, or I was a threat to thier business as usual and didn't like what i was pointing out. 

Some of the real good people just sort of stand in the shadows and are too afraid to make waves.

Since I got there, I never considered myself a part of them, apart of the USSC, they had to earn that.  I considered myself more of an outsider, or observer.  I didn't go out to join them, they asked me.  But, I needed to have a VERY good reason to help in promoting them and supporting them.  I didn't see that. 

It came VERY close, don't get me wrong.  They have more in place that would make them the better Association over all others.  Bu,t the slate must be cleaned and purged in order for that to happen.  New blood in, old blood out.

Some have been there so long, they don't see what I as an outsider, what you see, they only see what's straight in front of them and in some ways it's their way of life and Ego plays a HUGE role.  Ego will kill anything in the long term.

It's too bad, their so close to being a great Association, but their priorities are VERY out of order.  They have the right man as a President this year who has bigger/larger purpose in wanting the USSC to do good, a new person or (New Blood) but unfortunately he's a threat to them AND, their tying his hands in doing what needs to be done. 

He has more enemies than he realizes there, probably more so than I, LoL

chess-surrounded.jpg

......The Slate should have been cleaned prior to a new year.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• !llumenati

Bummer, short lived.  But seriously, I was wondering how long that courtship would last.  Their loss.....your gain of continued freedom without the threat if bring reined in and choked.

Eric,

I was sorry to see you go.

Your time at USSC reminds me of the movie "Life of Pi".

Not quite the elephant...more like the tiger. LOL

You have a lot to bring to the industry and to the manufacturer's TRUE values, so desperately needed.

Personally, I believe you'll have the best presence and impact as a "game changer" this way.

You've always got my support and interest.

Keep up the great work and I'm certain our paths will meet again.

Until then, take care friend!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, adamb said:

Eric,

I was sorry to see you go.

Your time at USSC reminds me of the movie "Life of Pi".

Not quite the elephant...more like the tiger. LOL

You have a lot to bring to the industry and to the manufacturer's TRUE values, so desperately needed.

Personally, I believe you'll have the best presence and impact as a "game changer" this way.

You've always got my support and interest.

Keep up the great work and I'm certain our paths will meet again.

Until then, take care friend!

My old school report card use to often say "Does not play well with others"

Keep given 'em hell Adam.  You will "do it"....if not there, some place else!

All the best Amigo!