ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Las Vegas ISA 2017 - How it was

This year we had a shorter than normal trip to ISA's Sign Expo held in Las Vegas.

We left on a late afternoon Thursday and returned early crack of dawn on Sunday.

How was the show? 

Well, it was your normal ISA show.

Walking in it was exciting and fun, with a DJ spinning right as you walked in.  On our first day it was pretty hilarious.  There was some derelict who seemed to wander in the registration line who was laying on the floor who had his ass hanging out with an elder ISA registration agent trying to help him up without touching his bare ass :laughing1:

He had nocked down the a few of the line polls and was just mentally out of it, he didn't know where he was.  Kgirl was pretty sure it was a attendee, but I didn't think so unless the party just didn't stop since the night before :drunk::puke:

We were very "in and out" with the NC LED booth and concentrated our time on the show room floor to see what was new.

Not a whole lot new, one thing that was new was the printy solvent smell that was strong from previous years.  I guess they had ventilation this year???

However, there was a lot of talk about this topic there,  And few Manufacturers were asked about this, don't ask me why I can't imagine :hitbyrock:

http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/7893-led-retrofits-for-neon-fluorescent-lamps-overlooked-facts/

We happened to walk by the ISA Rocks show which was a biggy in Orlando, but seemed really small this year which was held at House of Blues. 

We didn't get a chance to go nor did we even know it was there on a Thursday night, but it did look low in attendance which bring me to the next part.

The attendance on Friday, Saturday, was very VERY low, and surprisingly so. 

It would be shocking to hear from ISA, if they announce it was otherwise.  Just about every exhibitor felt it was low and smaller than normal Vegas traffic.  It was similar to Orlando traffic.

We spent most of our time at the show meeting with friends and vendors. 

LEAVING SAN DIEGO

IMG_3648.JPG

LUNCH AT TOM URBANS

IMG_3659.JPG

OF COURSE MEETING WITH LONGTIME INDUSTRY FRIENDS DAVE OF FRANCEFORMER

IMG_3670.JPG

IMG_3674.JPG

FRIDAY AT ISA

IMG_3678.JPG

KGIRL AT THE ISA BOOTH

IMG_3685.JPG

GRABBING LUNCH AND A DRINKS

IMG_3694.JPG

KGIRL WORKING HARD AT OUR SOCIAL MEDIA

She's a hard worker, lol

IMG_3699.JPG

SPENDING SOME TIME WITH JOE @ INTERNATIONAL LIGHTS

I was digging Joe's new patent pending border LED lights, very creative!

IMG_3703.JPG

AT THE FRANCEFORMER BOOTH

IMG_3704.JPG

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

JOE WALSH OF VOLTARC

IMG_3706.JPG

DAVE OF ELLIOTT

What can I say, Elliott always has BEAUTIFUL Trucks and I wish I had one! :thumbs:

IMG_3707.JPG

Our Friday evening with friends who are like family, NC LED, Abitech, & RNS Letters

IMG_3713.JPG

IMG_3716.JPG

IMG_3718.JPG

What's Vegas without a little gambling???

IMG_3723.JPG

Saturday morning all I know is Coffee was a MUST and I dared not get in the way of that

IMG_3733.JPG

IMG_3735.JPG

and of course there's always those unexpected friends that show up, Marko of YYZ

IMG_3742.JPG

Have to close Vegas out with a Pizza, Wings, and IPA's

IMG_3743.JPG

We had fun at ISA as we always do.

Rumor is ISA Orlando will soon be moved to Atlanta THANK GOD!

I'm looking forward to that change of venue!

It was good to see our friends again, and make new ones.  It's a shame to see friends only once a year, but ISA is more than just exhibiting and attending a show to see what is new even if hardly anything is new.....it's most importantly about re-connecting and connecting with new friends!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Low attendance, could be to the bad exchange rate between the US and Canadian dollar. I'm with Eric on this one a new venue has long been over due.

I remember the shows being in Phoenix, San Antonio, Washington etc. where we would make it a family trip as well to explore the sites, sounds and foods of the area.

wizzy