ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES

If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components Like Trim Cap, LED's, USHIO LED Lamps, Neon Supplies, or LED Power Supplies, Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!

Buy Now

NATIONAL SIGN & SERVICE COMPANY REVIEW LIST

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors

Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

You Must Be A Registered Member & A Subcontractor
Click Here

MEMBER LOCATION MAP

Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call? Locate a Supplier or Advertiser Regarding Thier Goods & Services?

Become a Member & Upgrade Your Free Membership So Others Can Locate You
Click Here

After so many re--re-retrofit jobs using failing or inferior Chinese LED products it's time to just cut their cord, untwist the wire connectors and disconnect the problem and replace with a superior LED product NOT made in CHINA!!!

And of course I'm talking about our "Reckless" LED line by NC LED.

This is one of those jobs where the client was sold on "Energy Efficiency" and "Saving" over Neon, which was the light source on their previous Channel Letter set.  Well....after the original signs company who installed this set pulling out the original JS LED modules, replacing with their newer, then another company replacing the individual JS LED failures with another Chinese LED.....JT LED modules.

Those savings turned into high Sign Repair costs and headache for repairs needed quite often for these Highway viewable signs that leaves this establishment a black eye. 

With all the benchmark testing we have done here on the Sign Syndicate we know what the Chinese LED modules measure up, and what we can expect from our NC Reckless LED's.  Constant Current NOT Constant Voltage, Brighter true white 6500K and most importantly high quality standards because their NOT made in CHINA.

End result, Brighter and Even illumination at night and NO return trips for a Loooooong time.  Eventually and soon, all these letters will have to be replaced because the catastrophic failure is coming!

UH OH

IMG_6053.JPG

REPLACING CHINA FOR MORE CHINA

IMG_6056.JPG

REPLACING CHINA WITH OUR NC RECKLESS LED'S.  LESS MODULES AND BIGGER SPACING

IMG_6058.JPG

FAILING CHINESE LED LIGHTING (BEFORE)

IMG_6062.JPG

RENEW WITH NC RECKLESS LED'S (AFTER)

IMG_6065.JPG

HARD TO SHOW WITH A IPHONE SHOT, BUT IN REAL TIME THE DIFFERENCE IS DRASTIC.  THERE IS ONE OTHER LETTER RETROFIT FROM OVER A YEAR AGO USING OUR RECKLESS....CAN YOU FIND IT?

IMG_6071.JPG

THIS LOGO HAS NEVER LOOKED THIS BRIGHT BEFORE

IMG_6073.JPG

YES, OUR AD.

Kgirl Box 1017-0370.jpg

A Lot of our sales come from Sign Shops who's products have failed them in the past, and they've never been happier since making the switch to our NC Reckless LED line.  Less hassle, their now more confident in the end products they sell, and their customers are excited about the Bright finished product that displays their identity / branding at night.

For more Product info on our Reckless LED line:

http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/7353-bright-long-lasting-channel-letters-and-what-it-takes/

For all Sales & Inquiry you can contact us at (858) 880-1400, or by email orders@thesignsyndicate.com

The Chinese LEDs illuminate like 20 year old old X-Mas lights that have been pulled from the attic.  Just need to replace the module that's out and you're good to go!

I think it does not make a difference what continent its made on its how its made.  This will include materials used eng.  ,assy. methods and QC.   I am not a fan of much not made in the states but I know the the good old USA can put out crap as well.  I am no fan of China but to generalize is not always accurate.

Chinese LED products can be okay IF, their mfg'ing hands ar being held and the quality is overseen similar to what apple does.  But so far no American Company selling LEDs has had that control that I know of, in fact their filled with horror stories you won't hear about publicly.  American reps will show up to those factories once a quarter or once a year, or never again and they have no real control, it's just based on hopes and dreams that they won't get deceived by a manufacturer who is making modules for 10 other companies as well.  

I have yet to ever see a Chinese product, or an American company who is using importing Chinese Diodes & materials...the ol "Assembled In America" really last or have a nice color rendering.  In fact what I see is a lot of inconsistency.....lay out and light a whole string and you'll see what I'm talking about.  To many manufacturers here aren't from this industry and all they want to do is just "sell" a product.  The objective is only produce cheap and sell for as much as they can get, quality is of no concern.  That's okay, because a lot of sign companies are the same, they just want to collect a check and walk away, and others will deal with the mess like above.

From all of our testing that we've been doing here, I've yet to see one of these products actually hold up with out degrading in light output over a short time short time or color shifting in that short time.

From all the testing we've been doing, that list of who's products I would ever is is only large enough to write on my hand.  None of them are Chinese.  My standards are high, because quality is first on my list

A lot will say, "I've never had failure".  Their standard or scale of "failure" is most likely outright failure, NOT degradation.  Yet, they wonder why in a few years why that once even face is now hot spotting.  It's hot spotting because that original module spacing cannot fulfill that spacing any longer because of the light loss.

I am generalizing about Chinese LED module products because the standard their next too, and competing against when it comes to quality, has yet to be surpassed.  If there is one, I should like to get a hold of some so we can see how they hold up to what is made available. 

When you put a quality LED module product in a channel next to what I've described side by side, the comparison is obvious.  But you won't know until you have two to look at.

To date, I've only been impressed with Korean and Japanese components

• Like 1

Never had a problem with Sloan or GE LED components.....save for the big batch of Sloan LED 60 Watt 12 volt power supplies that failed a couple years back.

As I recall they were giving out money for parts & labor, so pretty sure they ate it big time on that....

The only issue with GE would be their constant discontinuation of product lines.....3 volt system, 4 volt system, etc; Home depot had a lot of their signs with the 3 volt system and service instructions were to add 100 feet of 18 gauge wire coiled up as a voltage dropping device since the 3 volt drivers were no longer available or made!! Wish they would just stick to 12 volts instead of re-inventing the wheel.

JT LEDs are trash, but thankfully they've provided us with a lot of work re-re-retrofitting as you called it!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Erik Sine
      Okay so....

WOW! 

I'm quite impressed.... 

So I'd like to introduce our newest addition to our family.  The NC White Horse Mini!

These lil suckers are BRIGHT as hell.  Their about .4 watts each, True White high quality tier/grade 6500K Samsung Diodes.

Their approx 5 mini modules per foot, they come in 100 module strings and you get about 25' per string....and as you can see, 3 diodes per module, and just like it's bigger brother "The White Horse" their 160˙ wide angle modules.

But, because their so small, these only come in constant voltage NOT constant current.  The upside is, these are lower wattage modules. 

So many possibilities with these high quality modules that are small, yet pack a BIG punch of light...DAMN!

The good news is, their only $89.99 per string of 25'......The bad news is, there was a miscommunication and they only sent us 20 bags, but more are on the way.

P.S.- NOT made in CHINA!!!

NC LED 's are generally pretty small anyway, especially the Reckless-2, but as a visual the White Horse Mini is significantly smaller!!!

With Great Channel Letter Benders like the SDS/AdamsTech Machines out there creating some small 8" to 5" Letters, below are a few LED moduldes for visual layout purposes.  Tot he far Left we have our NC White Horse Mini, and NC Reckless-2 to the right of it.  The Reckless-2 can work as well but imagine if this letter just just a little bit smaller.  Visualize the other components needed for in conjunction with the poly-carbonate backs.  The tab support for the aluminum pan letters, the peg stand-offs and well as the secondary wiring hole. 

Larger modules don't make sense for these small tight letters.  With the White Horse Mini's, having that extra room to move modules around makes more sense along with more even lighting than using long or larger modules.  With the White Horse Mini's you won't struggle with letter assembly.

The Brightness?  

Everything you would expect from our NC Reckless & White Horse LED Line

• By Erik Sine
      Thought I'd post some pics of a project I recently put up for a group of owners I've been doing some signs for over 15 years, this is the latest project located here in San Diego in Pacific Beach California.

This job was supposed to be up last December, but as you can imagine things don't happen over night like they should in for this project in California and a good reason why business's leave California for other fruitful states in our grand union.

This project was no different and unlike other states.....here,anything built on the beach, you have to go through the California Coastal Commission.  This establishment won't be ready after much delay until almost a year later, and set to open this November possibly December.

This project was originally composed of a third sign, a 18' tall projecting sign which got denied in the permitting process.  Can't get them all in California I guess you can say.

So we're left to be happy with what THEY allow us to have.

Anyhow, this project is two 4' x 20' Electric wall sign cabinets, 1/8" alum walls and 3" deep open face channel letters spaced 1.5" from the cabinet background.  18mm Tri-Phosphor Voltarc Accent 30 border, and Voltarc 15mm Rare Earth Phosphor Sparkling Blue Letter outline lighting.  The owners wanted a halo lighting similar to a previous job so we used Our NC LED's Constant Current Green LED Modules for low light subtle Rear Letter Halo Lighting.

All Lighting Powered by Franceformer's for Neon, and our Union Elecom for the driving the NC Green Constant Current LED's

A big thank you to Joe Walsh of Voltarc for helping us get what was needed for this job, the Neon is Brilliant and of course stands out over the beach night city scape.  This Beach won't be needing a light house for lost fisherman after all now thanks to Voltarc!

There aren't very many Neon signs on this coast that I know of, in fact....I can't think of any so these signs are a real beacon.  They must be because the owners asked me if after installation and first lighting if I could hook up a dimmer......" a wut??!?!"

Early assembly shots

Tranny trays

And a shot of our LED Wall Pass Thru System

A solo illumination shot of our Green Constant Current NC LED Modules, using just a single stroke for a light subtle offering.

Wall Pattern Day.  If you're going to do a sign project on a hot summer day you might as well be RIGHT on the beach.  All that project stress went away sitting on the scaffolding listening to the seagulls, the crashing of waves, and smell of sea spray.  I won't lie, I wanted to just bust out a hammock and go to sleep.

Yes, I was working in Van's....I'm in SoCal, so that's all you need to know!

Westrim Products Graphed Pattern Paper!

• By Erik Sine
      So....we've had them and I haven't been pushing them out because I didn't think they were right yet. 

But now that time has come.

Been to a few shops of customers and when I saw what I saw, I had to push for it.  It's al because one of my customers recently obtained a new AdamsTech Bender.  So now he's producing Channel Letters, reverse Channel Letters that are so small and tight the worry is no longer being capable of producing such a letter the worry is now....how the hell to power it up PROPERLY.  It's hard to put existing modules in, competent LED modules I mean.

Well....In mid to late September we will have NC LED White Horse Mini's (Far right)

Their 160˙, same top tier Samsung used in our White Horse Product Line.  Their about 4 per foot and power consumption will be .48 per module.

If the Reckless 2, and White Horse 2 weren't already small enough as is, the White Horse Line will fit and integrate into all those hard to reach places and give you a bright light output

• By Erik Sine

Sooner or later top contenders have to duke it out, there's no avoiding it!  Some duck and weave away from a match, others hit it head on.  How long did it take Mayweather and Pacquiao to finally fight?  Too long, and was the wait worth it? 

But what would happen if a Light Weight fought a Heavy Weight?

Who would win?  Is it all about size?  Or can smaller and quicker win?

That's the similar question I had, how would the our smaller 6500K "Reckless 3" that weighs in at just 1.2 watts per module to a bigger, more powered competitor....Principal LED's 7000K Street Fighter "Heavy Weight" that weighs in at 1.32 watts per module.

Well, that's the match up, and we'll be having the match over Labor Day Weekend.  Stay Tune for the results!  I think we all might be in for a surprise....or maybe not!

The Match Up:

Interone LED 6500K - 1.14 watts

NC LED - Reckless 3 6500K - 1.2 watts

Principal LED Street Fighter - Heavy Weight 7000K True White - 1.32 watts

***UPDATED

It's the end of Labor Day and the results are in.  It is an interesting matchup.

The Winner is....... NC LED Reckless 3

The interesting notes are as follows and very hard to tell from the pictures.  The difference between whites on the acrylic lens surface is, the Principal Street Fighter Heavy Weight has a slight pink hue to it where as the NC LED Reckless appears more True White.

The Principal LED Street Fighters are larger in size than the NC LED Reckless hence the name "Heavy Weight"

The Principal LED Heavy Weight on average is sold at $81 ($1.80 each) per packed of 45.  The Reckless 3 is sold in trays of 50 at $59.99 ($1.19 each, better jump on this soon!)

The NC LED Reckless 3 is IP68, The Principal LED Street Fighter Heavy Weight is IP67.

One thing to note, the Principal LED Street Fighter Heavy Weight was slightly handicapped in light output results.  The product is listed as 1.8 modules per foot, and in our display case of 2' x 4" x 5" Deep, technically if we could there should only be 3.6 modules displayed, but of course we cannot figuratively cut the module.  So realistically, even though the Heavy Weight showed 195.50 foot candle surface average, it should be slightly lower.  The NC LED Reckless 3 is two modules per foot.

This is one of those accurate situations where you can truly say the NC LED Reckless 3 is "More efficient than" the Principal LED Street Fighter Heavy Weight, because it has a higher light output on the surface and it's doing it for a lesser cost of operation.  Most can't say this!  Most will compare products such as a Maglight and a Penlight and say the Penlight is more efficient because it's using less power, BUT what they don't count is the fact that the Penlight is NO WHERE near the light output as the Maglight

This is most likely a result of the high tier Samsung chips and phosphors that we've configured into the system.  I'm not sure what the Principal LED Street Fighter uses.  Like we've seen in the past during out testing Neon lamp manufacturers that use Nichia of Japan Phosphors for their Tri-phosphor lamps over other Tri-lamps are are almost 30% brighter and appear more "White".  Phosphors when it comes to lamps is VERY important.  I'll have to ask what diodes/chips they use for their LED's and update this, last I read their LED's were manufactured in China/Taiwan with some assembly in Texas so it might be a Chinese Chip, but we'll update once we find out  .

This is probably one of the most interesting matchup comparison's because of the smaller size powered LED (NC LED Reckless 3) out doing a larger, Principal LED - Street Fighter "Heavy Weight".  

Sometimes a Light Weight can beat a Heavy Weight, not all the time....just sometimes.....like she did today.

For more information on our NC Reckless LED Line you can visit this LINK
      or to direct buy from our online shopping cart LINK

When you see words like....."Engineered" or"Assembled in America" it's short for saying "Made In China!"  Chinese parts....are STILL Chinese parts!

In closing we can proudly say the NC LED "Reckless Line" which is ONLY sold through The Sign Syndicate and not other distributors is........NOT made in CHINA!!!

• Featured Products