ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Ridding Chinese LED Failure

After so many re--re-retrofit jobs using failing or inferior Chinese LED products it's time to just cut their cord, untwist the wire connectors and disconnect the problem and replace with a superior LED product NOT made in CHINA!!!

And of course I'm talking about our "Reckless" LED line by NC LED.

This is one of those jobs where the client was sold on "Energy Efficiency" and "Saving" over Neon, which was the light source on their previous Channel Letter set.  Well....after the original signs company who installed this set pulling out the original JS LED modules, replacing with their newer, then another company replacing the individual JS LED failures with another Chinese LED.....JT LED modules.

Those savings turned into high Sign Repair costs and headache for repairs needed quite often for these Highway viewable signs that leaves this establishment a black eye. 

With all the benchmark testing we have done here on the Sign Syndicate we know what the Chinese LED modules measure up, and what we can expect from our NC Reckless LED's.  Constant Current NOT Constant Voltage, Brighter true white 6500K and most importantly high quality standards because their NOT made in CHINA.

End result, Brighter and Even illumination at night and NO return trips for a Loooooong time.  Eventually and soon, all these letters will have to be replaced because the catastrophic failure is coming!

UH OH

IMG_6053.JPG

REPLACING CHINA FOR MORE CHINA

IMG_6056.JPG

REPLACING CHINA WITH OUR NC RECKLESS LED'S.  LESS MODULES AND BIGGER SPACING

IMG_6058.JPG

FAILING CHINESE LED LIGHTING (BEFORE)

IMG_6062.JPG

RENEW WITH NC RECKLESS LED'S (AFTER)

IMG_6065.JPG

HARD TO SHOW WITH A IPHONE SHOT, BUT IN REAL TIME THE DIFFERENCE IS DRASTIC.  THERE IS ONE OTHER LETTER RETROFIT FROM OVER A YEAR AGO USING OUR RECKLESS....CAN YOU FIND IT?

IMG_6071.JPG

THIS LOGO HAS NEVER LOOKED THIS BRIGHT BEFORE

IMG_6073.JPG

YES, OUR AD.

Kgirl Box 1017-0370.jpg

A Lot of our sales come from Sign Shops who's products have failed them in the past, and they've never been happier since making the switch to our NC Reckless LED line.  Less hassle, their now more confident in the end products they sell, and their customers are excited about the Bright finished product that displays their identity / branding at night.

For more Product info on our Reckless LED line:

http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/7353-bright-long-lasting-channel-letters-and-what-it-takes/

For all Sales & Inquiry you can contact us at (858) 880-1400, or by email orders@thesignsyndicate.com

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

The Chinese LEDs illuminate like 20 year old old X-Mas lights that have been pulled from the attic.  Just need to replace the module that's out and you're good to go!

• Board Patron

I think it does not make a difference what continent its made on its how its made.  This will include materials used eng.  ,assy. methods and QC.   I am not a fan of much not made in the states but I know the the good old USA can put out crap as well.  I am no fan of China but to generalize is not always accurate.

Chinese LED products can be okay IF, their mfg'ing hands ar being held and the quality is overseen similar to what apple does.  But so far no American Company selling LEDs has had that control that I know of, in fact their filled with horror stories you won't hear about publicly.  American reps will show up to those factories once a quarter or once a year, or never again and they have no real control, it's just based on hopes and dreams that they won't get deceived by a manufacturer who is making modules for 10 other companies as well.  

I have yet to ever see a Chinese product, or an American company who is using importing Chinese Diodes & materials...the ol "Assembled In America" really last or have a nice color rendering.  In fact what I see is a lot of inconsistency.....lay out and light a whole string and you'll see what I'm talking about.  To many manufacturers here aren't from this industry and all they want to do is just "sell" a product.  The objective is only produce cheap and sell for as much as they can get, quality is of no concern.  That's okay, because a lot of sign companies are the same, they just want to collect a check and walk away, and others will deal with the mess like above.

From all of our testing that we've been doing here, I've yet to see one of these products actually hold up with out degrading in light output over a short time short time or color shifting in that short time.

From all the testing we've been doing, that list of who's products I would ever is is only large enough to write on my hand.  None of them are Chinese.  My standards are high, because quality is first on my list

A lot will say, "I've never had failure".  Their standard or scale of "failure" is most likely outright failure, NOT degradation.  Yet, they wonder why in a few years why that once even face is now hot spotting.  It's hot spotting because that original module spacing cannot fulfill that spacing any longer because of the light loss.

I am generalizing about Chinese LED module products because the standard their next too, and competing against when it comes to quality, has yet to be surpassed.  If there is one, I should like to get a hold of some so we can see how they hold up to what is made available. 

When you put a quality LED module product in a channel next to what I've described side by side, the comparison is obvious.  But you won't know until you have two to look at.

To date, I've only been impressed with Korean and Japanese components

• Like 1

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

Never had a problem with Sloan or GE LED components.....save for the big batch of Sloan LED 60 Watt 12 volt power supplies that failed a couple years back.

As I recall they were giving out money for parts & labor, so pretty sure they ate it big time on that....

The only issue with GE would be their constant discontinuation of product lines.....3 volt system, 4 volt system, etc; Home depot had a lot of their signs with the 3 volt system and service instructions were to add 100 feet of 18 gauge wire coiled up as a voltage dropping device since the 3 volt drivers were no longer available or made!! Wish they would just stick to 12 volts instead of re-inventing the wheel.

JT LEDs are trash, but thankfully they've provided us with a lot of work re-re-retrofitting as you called it!