ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Neon valuation - lead glass

Hi all.  I'm getting ready to sell my neon equipment, and a local bender wants to make me an offer on all of my old glass.  This is all the older leaded type glass, and I have about fifty cases of mixed colors and sizes plus a couple of cases of mixed exotic colors, some 5' tubes, mostly 4 ft.  

Can anyone give me an idea of what this might be worth?  This is probably a tough question sight-unseen, but any advice would help.  I had been told there might be some value in this glass since it's leaded.

Thanks in advance - Mike 

• !llumenati

Sell your glass with the equipment... Any decent neon shop would love to have the old glass for repairs... But the value to you will come with offering the glass to whomever buys the equip.

Thanks Gary.  I think that's a good idea.  Appreciate the input.  Do you think you could give me an idea of what value to put on - say, a full carton of 15 mm x 6500 white - (new, old stock)?

• !llumenati

Sorry, haven't bought glass for 18 years  damn.  Any supplier can give you prices.  18 yrs ago it was 3.60 per lb for white  if memory serves correctly.  Have you sold, or itemized your equip.ent and price? 

Gary, thanks for the response.  I did ask some of the local suppliers about the value of the old glass, but they couldn't give me any idea.  They did put me in touch with a large shop in Florida - they are offering a pretty nice premium over the price of new glass, and they want all of it.   

As far as the equipment itself, I'm working with a local guy who wants to buy the whole plant, so I'm pretty sure it's sold now.