ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Scoreboard Install with Tragic Results

• Board Patron

Not sure how many heard of this in Florida last week.  It made the news here in Ohio.  Hits home with my crew as we do many of these type of installs.  Also hits home with my school sales guy as he says that he has lost many install deals as the team boosters decide it costs too much and they will do it themselves.

Sad.

https://people.com/human-interest/baseball-coach-and-wife-electrocuted-putting-up-new-scoreboard-son-injured/

Edited by plyda

That is very heart wrenching Paul.  I don't even have the words for what their son had to see and go through with his parents. 

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

Wow, thats terrible.  I see this all the time that "volunteers" or business owners ,at the church, lodge or even city get involved with doing stuff that they were not qualified to do.   Heck many sign companies do stuff they should not.  Really sucks that the guy was only trying to help.

• 2 weeks later...

There are not enough times I can say this SAFETY above all else. I have joking said to my guys, we are all going home today everything is safe, to easy there nerves whenever I see them a little nervous about a big job.  I sometimes  think a my be a worry wart but I could not imagine getting or having to make that call.

i help my buddies out a lot on the weekends. Trees and house projects. As stated we sign guys get envoled in a lot of projects because of our equipment and our general knowledge of most trades.

My heart breaks for this family. We are a family ran company. That story is my nightmare.

Edited by Plasti-Lite Signs

• !llumenati

Yes this is very sad to everyone. The " Good Guy " just trying to do the right thing.

The other issue is .........These Message Center Sign Companies who sell to the General Public.  ( The Florida Specials ) 
They advertise and sell directly to the Schools, Churches and Public.

They sell the sign and send them the 15 Minute Video on how to install it.  " You can do it "  advice.

• Like 3