ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Sign Truck Help

Sign Truck Poll  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which Sign Crane Have You Purchased

• Elliott
    • Manitex
    • Altec
    • Wilkie
    • Radocy
    • Skyhoist
    • Skyhook
    • Icrane
    • None
  2. 2. Which Sign Crane Were You Pleased With?

• Elliott
    • Manitex
    • Altec
    • Wilkie
    • Radocy
    • Skyhoist
    • Skyhook
    • Icrane
    • None
  3. 3. Which Sign Crane Do You Regret

• Elliott
    • Manitex
    • Altec
    • Wilkie
    • Radocy
    • Skyhoist
    • Skyhook
    • Icrane
    • None
  4. 4. Which Sign Crane MFG Had The Best Customer Service?

• Elliott
    • Manitex
    • Altec
    • Wilkie
    • Radocy
    • Skyhoist
    • Skyhook
    • Icrane
    • None
  5. 5. Which Sign Crane MFG Had The Worst Customer Service?

• Elliott
    • Manitex
    • Altec
    • Wilkie
    • Radocy
    • Skyhoist
    • Skyhook
    • Icrane
    • None
  6. 6. Which Sign Bucket / Lift Have You Purchased?

• RH Ladder
    • Vanladder
    • Telelift
    • Sponco
    • Wilkie
    • Skylift
    • Stamms Mfg
    • Versalift
    • Duralift
    • None
  7. 7. Which Sign Bucket / Lift Were You Pleased With?

• RH Ladder
    • Vanladder
    • Telelift
    • Sponco
    • Wilkie
    • Skylift
    • Stamms Mfg
    • Versalift
    • Duralift
    • None
  8. 8. Which Sign Bucket / Lift Were Do You Regret?

• RH Ladder
    • Vanladder
    • Telelift
    • Sponco
    • Wilkie
    • Skylift
    • Stamms Mfg
    • Versalift
    • Duralift
    • None
  9. 9. Which Sign Bucket / Lift MFG Had The Best Customer Service?

• RH Ladder
    • Vanladder
    • Telelift
    • Sponco
    • Wilkie
    • Skylift
    • Stamms Mfg
    • Versalift
    • Duralift
    • None
  10. 10. Which Sign Bucket / Lift MFG Had The Worst Customer Service?

• RH Ladder
    • Vanladder
    • Telelift
    • Sponco
    • Wilkie
    • Skylift
    • Stamms Mfg
    • Versalift
    • Duralift
    • None
  11. 11. Was This Poll Helpful?

• Yes
    • Some What
    • No
    • Hell No
    • I'd Rather Have a Beer

Sign Truck.jpg

As a request I'm starting a poll to help those who may be looking for reviews on Sign Trucks for their next purchase. 

Also included in this topic will be reviews and purchase history content by those who have purchased, sold, and operate or operated the following Manufactured Sign Trucks

CRANES:

Elliott

Altec

Manitex

Wilkie

Radocy

Skyhoist

Skyhook

Icrane

BUCKETS / LIFTS:

RH Ladder

Vanladder

Telelift

Sponco

Wilkie

Skylift/Icrane

Stamms Mfg

Versalift

Duralift

Finally, please leave your positive/negative feedback you have about any Sign Truck you have had experience with.  Comments or suggestions for new buyers to look out for or consider when buying a new Sign Truck

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• 5 months later...
  • Board Patron

My opinion from my experience in Canada

****STAY AWAY FROM I-CRANE/SKYLIFT - NEW OR USED, THEY ARE JUNK AND OUT OF BUSINESS****

CRANE AVAILABILITY IN CANADA IS LIMITED, ELLIOTT IS MORE COMMON, I WOULD LIKE TO TRY MANITEX OR THE ALTEC SIMILAR TO L60 STYLE

ELLIOTT V60 FOR EVERYDAY UNDER 400LB INSTALLS/SERVICE IS WHAT I USE, COMPACT AND RELIABLE ON ANYTHING BUT A POWERSTROKE IN CANADAS WEATHER

ELLIOTT L60 FOR EVERYDAY OVER 400LB INSTALLS/SERVICE/PYLONS

VANLADDER LADDER TRUCK WAS GOOD TO ME, A LITTLE LIGHT DUTY, WE BUSTED IT UP, GOOD SERVICE FROM THEM

TELE-LIFT WARWICK 40' LADDER RELIABLE, EASY TO FIX, BUT YOUR ASS MUSCLES HURT FROM CLIMBING UP AND DOWN THE TRUCK ALL DAY, DOESN'T GO TO THE GROUND WHEN YOU ARE IN THE BUCKET

RH LADDERS UP TO 50' LADDER TRUCK, NEW MODELS GO TO GROUND. 

SKYHOOK 64 JUNIOR GOOD STARTER CRANE IF OHSA ISN'T AROUND, GOOD LUCK FINDING PARTS

WILKIE 65 CRANE A FRIEND OF MY HAS ONE IT'S STRONG, NO BUCKET, OLDER MODEL 

ALTEC AUGER TRUCK 50'   IT WILL NEVER BE A PITMAN P50 AUGER TRUCK, BUY A SHOVEL

AVOID FIBERGLASS BUCKETS IF YOU CAN, CAN'T STICK YOUR TOES OUT TO HOLD A SIGN FACE

THATS ALL I GOT FOR NOW

63 foot Elliott v60

50 foot 8 ton crane/auger

Skid steer with forks and dirt bucket

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

To all who is in the market for a new truck:

This is my experience-

I bought a 2000 Altec in 2011, sold it in 2017. Had  issues as you can expect from an old truck, but never had a major issue. 

In 2017 we bought a brand new 2017 Altec AT41s, we use it almost everyday, park it outdoors and have not had any major issues to date. (a few minor issues, but Altec came down free of charge and took care of it.)  

In 2018 we purchased a BRAND NEW 2018 ELLIOTT L60. We paid around $200,000. This truck is garage kept and not used everyday. There is currently OIL POURING out of the boom!

I called Elliott and they said "it only has a one year warranty that is now expired."

I had the company, Modern Equipment, same place where we purchased the truck look at it. They said "We talked to Elliott, and we both decided to help you out, since its practically brand new, it will only cost $17,500 to repair." ?

This is a true story.

• Sad 3

• Board Patron

Fk

63 foot Elliott v60

50 foot 8 ton crane/auger

Skid steer with forks and dirt bucket

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

Last summer I bought a used Stamm ATR-41 and I LOVE it.  It's one of the few in this area and everyone who see it in action asks how much it cost and where can they get a used one.   Mine was a city of Tampa FL truck (no road salt) and it was pretty well taken care of.   It did not come with the jib, but I just took delivery of one from Stamm.   Once my hydraulic company comes by to add in the control valve and "stuff" I'll have a 1000 lb capacity small "crane".   I won't ever try to max it out, but even at half capacity it will still be very handy.  No it doesn't have the side reach of an actual crane, but it will handle probably 95% of my small lift needs.   Plus it's got a larger platform than most Elliot's I've been in. 

Elliot no question. Have 3 L60 G50 & M43. Also have an Altec 200a that’s nice. For normal everyday strip center sign installs it’s hard to beat the M43. Built like a tank, outriggers stay within mirrors and has the best side reach I’ve seen. We have found that having a lot of side reach is very important.

Elliott’s are expensive but resale is great and ours are used all day 5 days a week with very minimal issues. The altec 200a is also a great starter truck, there’s a lot of them out there and you can pick one up pretty cheap.

• !llumenati

Any truck that works is great. And Any truck that doesn't work....SUCKS !

So far my choices are..........MANITEX for cranes and high work
   The engineering and craftsmanship is over the top. It is what the other brands follow, or try to follow

SkyHook and SkyHoist.....Older and no longer made were great also.  Still up and running with many Sign Companies

VersaLift for Bucket Trucks and Smaller Units...........Absolutely top of the line 
    Cant kill them and always accessible for repairs and parts if needed.
    ( Stamm is a VersaLift dealer who makes his own conversions to them )  Roccos ATR 41

Elliots.........Good, Newer equipment follows Manitex Designs and Construction

The others belong on a farm picking apples 

You need to know what type of signs you are working with and don't kill the truck doing everything 
Keep your equipment inside out of the weather and do the simple maintenance. Wash it and take care of it
It will last a long time making you money  

I have a 21 Year old SkyHoist..........Perfect Condition 
I have a 22 Year old VersaLift..........Perfect Condition 
Working everyday without any issues 

• Board Patron

We have a Skyhoist SX60 mounted on a 2001 Freightliner - works like a champ.  The problem is getting CDL drivers - they are almost as hard to find as sign electricians.  And the crane license.

2015 Elliot L60 mounted on an International - the truck has had some issues but under warranty for the most part.  Again, needs a CDL driver and a crane license.

30' Fiberglass bucket truck (Ford F450).  Works for some of the shorter/smaller stuff we do.

Our biggest issue isn't with any of our trucks, but paying for the licensing requirements for the drivers/operators is killin' us.

Is it possible that you might also include the many Sign installers who use boom truck with gravity leveling baskets or the the state of the art CraneMate with hydraulic auto leveling and 180 degree rotation.  Those Boom Truck Cranes include: Terex, National Crane, Manitex, Elliott, Altec, UNIC, and a few others others.  Reach-All is trying to bring these Sign installers and Boom Truck manufactures into the modern age of sign equipment with the use of the CraneMate work platforms in-lieu of the Gravity leveling yoke baskets. 

regards Tim 

DSC01308.JPG

• 5 months later...

Is it possible to also include Boom Truck Cranes with work platforms.  These are commonly used but are not mentioned in this article.  Following are several Boom Truck makes: National Crane, Altex, Maitex, UNIC , Terex, and Elliott, are all available with gravity leveling platforms and radio remotes.   All these can be transformed and modernized into first class Sign Boom Truck with "CraneMate " aftermarket attachment.  The CraneMate offers features including hydraulic leveling and 180 degree hydraulic rotation and the best jib winch design on the market.     

100_2824 - Copy.JPG