ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

UPS 18 Wheel Truck vs Pylon Sign in Wylie Texas

My friend sent this photo to me last night. Looks like the driver tried to drive in between poles of this pylon sign in Wylie Texas. I wonder if the other pole is still standing. 

Just curious of opinions of what would be the proper steps for a professional sign company to take to restore this pylon sign? 

UPS Truck vs Pylon Sign.jpg

• !llumenati

U P S means................  Under Pylon Sign       Same Day, Next Day  Any Day Service

That's real drive thru service.

• Like 1

Determine if the base shifted and /or the columns bent.   In our case a car veered off the road, hit the embankment at the entrance drive, and went airborne at an undetermined speed...and you can see how far the sign flew from the impact.

BelleSalle-RESTORE.jpg

On 4/30/2020 at 11:46 AM, paul321 said:

U P S means................  Under Pylon Sign       Same Day, Next Day  Any Day Service

That's real drive thru service.

Your reply" Under Pylon Sign" is Genius. just sayin......

• 4 weeks later...

Also truck impact. Took the insurance companies 2 years to sort out who would pay. The I beam was direct buried in concrete and bent I beam and pulled concrete up 6"

Fiberglass pin was shattered.

Repaired pin with 2 side cabinets going up next week, foundation pored today.

Aftermath.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Proper steps for any capable sign company is #1 thorough on site survey to assess conditions.  Insurance company is going to be involved and they are going to price shop it much as they can get sign companies to quote it.  They are probably going to jack it up some more just getting that rig out!  Top section might be salvageable, tenant section, might be able to save some faces but that depends on how they get the trailer out.  I'm thinking there is a UPS driver filing for unemployment benefits...