ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Need Some Help----please

imanut

• !llumenati

Haven't tried a new topic before---so here goes. Need a bit of help. Trying to scan an image, say a signature, and be able to use that without the white box that seems to come with it. I know that with my old sign making software it could be done. But anyone have a way using Corel or Adobe????

Same scenario----have a jpeg with a black design on it, and need to get rid of the white box around it so it can be used for a lightscribed dvd.

Any suggestions, or help, much appreciated.

Gary

Not sure I am exactly following you. Can you post up the file? Usually when you scan something, you can change the bounding box to whatever size you need it. In photoshop you can crop it.

-Marek

• !llumenati

Making the background transparent is one way---could you explain how???

But what I'm really after would be similar to the effect of just putting on a letter. IF WE WERE to just add letter---we could butt it up against, or over another object, having no background to deal with that might cover up or have to be moved back a layer. Lousy explanation I know.

gn

First choice would be to bring the image into Photoshop.

unlock background layer ( by double clicking on then clicking OK)

make image Black and white.

give the image a slight blur

use your magic want tool to create a selection

select: inverse: delete

background should be gone :aikido:

save as PSD

place into Illustrator

Or you can place into Illustrator and draw a mask around the area you want to hide.

There is probably 20 ways you can achieve what you want.

Go to this web site for further information----> http://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modPage.asp?ID=66

Edited by Kgirl

In Corel save it as a Tiff. when the options window pops up it gives you some options to check. One of them is transparent background. Check it then hit save. That should do it.

K I re-read what you want to do. I only work woth that stuff in PS. I would scan your image then bring it into PS. Say you have some lettering, you want to capture and bring ino another pic with no background.

1. First crop down to desired size

2. add a new layer or unlock backgroud (No COlor selected)

3. Use the magic wand and click outside the lettering then delete, also click inside O's and D's deleteing that space as well. Now all white space should be gone and you should see a checkerd background around your lettering. Now you can add this to another image with no background.

4. Either open the image with PS and copy/paste the lettering

I Use PS 7 on a mac so it might be a tad diff for a PC

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

:conspire: you can also go into the channels pallet and "command click" (MAC) on the channel you want and make a selection. This way you do not have to get into all the holes like in the "O" :soopa:

• !llumenati

Thank you guys. I know, based on my old sign experience, that we do that stuff all the time----just didn't know how with either Corel or Adobe. I've got both at home, I'll try and see if I can "git 'er done".

Thanks again.

gn