ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Payrate on the westcoast.....

BlazeTSU

i was wondering what a general idea of the payrate on the westcoast is for tubebenders. i have some family that live in Cali. and i've considered making the move but i have no clue what to expect in terms of compensation.

can anyone help give me an idea? footage or hourly.

thanks

Hey Blaze I would check this out, sounds like they might have what your looking for.

http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=2088

But if your looking to move and do wholesale then that's another story, I can pop off what that goes for around here in so cal

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

my experience is completely on the neon producing side of things. pumping and bending......no service or installation experience, YET. so i was thinking more along the lines of wholesale or retail neon bending and processing.

http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=2088

But if your looking to move and do wholesale then that's another story, I can pop off what that goes for around here in so cal

so whats the verdict?

and do most places out there pay hourly or footage?

I'm unsure on retail end of unless your installing too, in which case you will need a contractors lic.

If you get that and you plan on doing lighting, I guess you can get anywhere from $20-$25 and up per foot installed. Window neon signs and misc, thats up to you on either charging by the foot, hourly and material or the perceived value approach to projects. Perceived value is my favorite approach to retail, since most of my work is referral.

I stated prices for channel letters above in a previous post. Straight border tubing is anywhere around high 5's to high 3's per foot, depending on merc / neon.

small lettering for windows etc is hard as each shop is different.

Working for a sign company or neon shop can be anywhere from $18-$35 an hour or some even do it by piece work.

Hope this help somewhat, maybe other so cal benders will chime in.

One thing is for sure, I don't see any benders here with spare time on their hands

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

I'm unsure on retail end of unless your installing too, in which case you will need a contractors lic.

If you get that and you plan on doing lighting, I guess you can get anywhere from $20-$25 and up per foot installed. Window neon signs and misc, thats up to you on either charging by the foot, hourly and material or the perceived value approach to projects. Perceived value is my favorite approach to retail, since most of my work is referral.

I stated prices for channel letters above in a previous post. Straight border tubing is anywhere around high 5's to high 3's per foot, depending on merc / neon.

small lettering for windows etc is hard as each shop is different.

Working for a sign company or neon shop can be anywhere from $18-$35 an hour or some even do it by piece work.

Hope this help somewhat, maybe other so cal benders will chime in.

One thing is for sure, I don't see any benders here with spare time on their hands

cool, thanks a lot. i was just wondering ballpark figures anyway b/c i wasn't sure how much different the industry and standard of living was out there as apposed to here in atlanta.

thanks again