ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Skylift Cranes compare to elliot and manitex

• Board Patron

Anybody own a Skylift s70 on a 5ton truck? What do you think compare to Elliot and Manitex

63 foot Elliott v60

50 foot 8 ton crane/auger

Skid steer with forks and dirt bucket

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron
Anybody own a Skylift s70 on a 5ton truck? What do you think compare to Elliot and Manitex

I just purchased a 55 skylift. I purchased the skylift because they will custom make the lift and bed to my specs, not to mention It cost 30k less than an Elliot. I have worked off Elliot's and manitex they are awesome units but you pay for it.. I was on vacation in FL and saw a sign company working off a skylift I stopped and talked with them and they said they loved the unit and had nothing bad to say. I'll let you know in 3 weeks how I like mine.

• Board Patron

what size truck is it on, and did you already get it, how much?$$ if you do not mind saying

a

I just purchased a 55 skylift. I purchased the skylift because they will custom make the lift and bed to my specs, not to mention It cost 30k less than an Elliot. I have worked off Elliot's and manitex they are awesome units but you pay for it.. I was on vacation in FL and saw a sign company working off a skylift I stopped and talked with them and they said they loved the unit and had nothing bad to say. I'll let you know in 3 weeks how I like mine.

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron
what size truck is it on, and did you already get it, how much?$$ if you do not mind saying

a

New your state has a crazy crane law so our stick lenth could not exceed 40ft. we have around 54ft working height on the bucket. We will be using the truck for evryday install and service work so we wanted to mounted the lift on a ford 550 to keep the truck versatile. We traded in a 05 f450 with an eti 42' bucket sam gave us a great price. Email me I'll give you details tony@victorysign.net.

• 9 months later...
  • Board Patron

Rocco Baggetta at Signworks Inc before you buy a Skylift Crane from Sam Marcum in London KY. I have a few details you need to know. 647-333-4266 or 416-653-7227.

I will update this on a regular basis so it is fair to the supplier.

Edited by Signworksinc

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

Rocco Baggetta at Signworks Inc before you buy a Skylift Crane from Sam Marcum in London KY. I have a few details you need to know. 647-333-4266 or 416-653-7227.

I will update this on a regular basis so it is fair to the supplier.

We have looked at them. Is the info something you cannot post?

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

• Board Patron

Call me before you buy it to make sure I have been taken care of by them, I am having various problems. I had to let two of my guys go until we get a truck back for them to work. Its been a hard hit.

Edited by Signworksinc

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

I just drove 2 hours each way to a rental place for an Elliott to use until they fix the truck I bought and they refused to give me a rental. So again we have no truck here for the guys to work with. 3 months and 2 weeks and we still have no truck.

Edited by Signworksinc

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

I just drove 2 hours each way to a rental place for an Elliott to use until they fix the truck I bought and they refused to give me a rental. So again we have no truck here for the guys to work with. 3 months and 2 weeks and we still have no truck.

What is the deal with your truck, what exactly is wrong?

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

I was told on Dec 27 it was ready, so I took my wife, left the family behind during Christmas and imported my trade it truck into the US. Waited a week and was sent home in a Ford Focus, the told me my truck would be delivered the following Monday. Remeber they know I am paying $2100 a month and short a truck now. They delivered the truck 3 weeks later incomplete. The truck almost tipped over with us in the bucket, no safety features installed for operators in bucket. When your in the bucket you do not feel the outriggers lift and frame twisting on truck. They installed safety sensors of another week and that part was fine. I took the truck to a weigh scale and the front end is 3000lbs overweight (our mto(DOT) does not allow us to be overweight on per axles basis) with a driver and no tools or cargo on it. Basically it has been built on the wrong truck, 75ft on an f650 lo-pro. So today, 3 and a half months later from the day it was suppose to be ready they are finally moving the back axle forward which leaves the backend of the truck with a 9 foot overhang, so we know will be driving a school bus in downtown Toronto. They offered to give me an Elliot rental for a day and half, like they are doing me a favor or something, I only found that out once I drove 2 hours from Toronto and find out Nesco only rents weekly, so I came back to Toronto because , of course, Sam didn't answer his phone or emails. Never have I treated or been treated like this in any business transaction in my ten years of business. NOT A DOLLAR IN COMPENSATION, losing money on a daily basis. I guess they feel their mistake should be my problem and expense.

Edited by Signworksinc

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

OK I finally got an Elliott rental for a week to get caught up while they work on the truck they sold me.

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

I've never heard of Skylift LLC Cranes before they started advertising on Singweb.

Also, just curious because I notice their testimonial page but did you ever contact a few of their happy customers prior to purchase?

I don't know anything about this company and don't want to make any assumptions but there isn't very much content on their website. Is this a good size company like the other crane manufacturers?

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

Small company, pretty good people, just don't like paying or compensating for your losses. Make sure it is built before you buy or you'll be wearing my shoes, if I can afford my next pair. I contacted one customer through this site, he was happy. The rest I couldn't find on web as existing company. The crane looks very well built and our Elliot dealer likes the fact they used heavy metal on spots they wouldn't imagine. He thought is was over kill, I was happy that was said. The problem is they put it on the wrong truck and I am the one losing all the money for Skylifts mistake, should be ready this week. This is the truck, very nice job on the truck but not able to register up until now, because of axle weights. THE KILLER FOR ME IS THE HUGE LOSS OF INCOME AT TIMES LIKE THIS. I am happy for now because I have an Elliot L60 to use.

post-2899-126669444957.jpg

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

• Board Patron

let us hear, feedback maybe save a sign company a couple bucks and little less stress. we should have a feedback section with ratings on service and quality of all crane and bucket suppliers

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

The thread was about skylight cranes, of which I have no knowledge.

As far as Manitex, we own a 65' skycarne (2006) bought for $130,000 had to put another $30,000 into it to get it right, thats all!!

Lost the load line about three times, outriggers leak and are unrealiable, anti-2block does does not work, E-pump (electric pump emergency) has never worked right from the begining, Ford chassis too light duty, broke front leaf springs, tool boxes have come lose and shifted on chasis, boom turret came lose!, hydro tank came lose, muffler fell off!, there is much more, bottom line - we had a lemon, unfortuantlety it happens, how you (the manufacture and dealer) deal with it makes all the diffrence, they did'nt, we suffered / they lost / we still did not win - by a long shot - it will never buy another Manitex as long as I am in business...

So how are those Skylift, looking of another truck...?

Edited by jerseysign

• Board Patron

We are not accepting it until it is able to be registered legally and it all operates properly, the boom doesn't extend and retract smoothly. So many things still have to be fixed before we accept it.

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446

Skylift is the next generation of Skyhook after it was resurrected by Manitex. Both are good products but Elliott is the Cadallac. I bought an L60 Elliott on a International 4300 for $168,000 2 years ago and have never regreted it. It is equipped with a full set of lamp boxes and welder. My next one will have an Allison automatic. Use it with my A37 Versalift on a 6500 GMC for service and install. Bought both new from Power Line Equipment Rental in Roanoke, VA. They have a killer website with trucks just for signwork.

• Board Patron

you know what they say, "you get what, you pay for". Stupid me trying to save money and it cost me alot more.

63 foot Elliott v60

www.signworksinc.com

www.wehangsigns.com

Signworks Inc.
Toronto, Canada
416-653-7227
1-877-912-7446