ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Optec displays

PhillipM

I've done some service work for Optec displays www.optec.com and now they are asking us to become a dealer for them. Do any of you have any experience with this company?

• !llumenati

I've done some service work for Optec displays www.optec.com and now they are asking us to become a dealer for them. Do any of you have any experience with this company?

They are looking for someone to sell their displays in your area - essentially they are looking to marry you - till death do you part.

Many years ago my company was a rep for Optec. WAS being the opperative word here.

At the time it was being ran by the owner, After giving thier prices to hundreds of my perspective clients, after getting our first confirmed order, Optec cancelled our distributor agreement, leaving us hanging.

tread lightly with them

If they send a company rep to your office, don't reveal any information that you dont want to lose..

lastly...Their products are all manufactured over seas, but you will find thier prices to be at the top with watchfire and the alike.

when I had a visit from one of thier sales managers we requested pictures to aid in the sales process...i would say that one sign out of 5 had pixels that were not working properly, from what i have gather over time, they have a lot of issues with these...I for one am not sold on the Hybrid technology.

Many years ago my company was a rep for Optec. WAS being the opperative word here.

At the time it was being ran by the owner, After giving thier prices to hundreds of my perspective clients, after getting our first confirmed order, Optec cancelled our distributor agreement, leaving us hanging.

tread lightly with them

If they send a company rep to your office, don't reveal any information that you dont want to lose..

lastly...Their products are all manufactured over seas, but you will find thier prices to be at the top with watchfire and the alike.

when I had a visit from one of thier sales managers we requested pictures to aid in the sales process...i would say that one sign out of 5 had pixels that were not working properly, from what i have gather over time, they have a lot of issues with these...I for one am not sold on the Hybrid technology.

to recap...foudn this message from 2005

I would take a second look at the product from china..willing to bet it is Optech displays. Yeah I might be alittle biased, since I work for Daktroncs...But a distributor in the panhandle of Florida has been selling Optech displays for 2 years now and is having lots of problems. One key problem is the pixels are going out. Plus it can take up to 8 weeks to get replacement parts for there units.

you dont need to convince me...

we dont want to discuss The LED sign company, ( optec dealer ) the reports on the BBB website and another site to check out is www.ripoffreport.com ( i am not advertising thier site...but you need to check them out )

you dont need to convince me...

we dont want to discuss The LED sign company, ( optec dealer ) the reports on the BBB website and another site to check out is www.ripoffreport.com ( i am not advertising thier site...but you need to check them out )

Have any links? I can't find any.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

the last i need to say about WatchFire to clear the slate of my level of involvement from them...

After hypeing thier products to my clients for what seemed like months and months, maybe closer to a year or so, we finally got a bite, and had a couple sets sold...( size, pitch not important ).

When we placed our order with the main office, It was then we were told that " our agreement " had been terminated and we were no longer authorized to sell thier products...We didnt fit thier business model we were told...

Last I heard three years later they sent one of thier clearing houses to see if i wanted to sell them my company.

Not sure if everyone knows that watchfire is owned by a VERY large company...its just dollars and cents to them at this point...not the satisfaction that you have helped a business owner save money and get the job done.

I know i am listed here as a neon shop.... if you search in google...LED SIGN, led signs, electronic message center, and a bunch of other common phrases...usually on the top of the list you will find www.ledauthority.com this is my other company..

We can talk for hours on the led sign companys, manufactures...ect :)

All,

There's nothing wrong with criticism, but when many of those who are criticizing either represent or work for Optec's competitors, I would be a little skeptical. Of course, since I work for Optec, I admit that I'm biased in the other direction.

If anyone wants to learn more about us, I invite you to visit us at ISA (Booth 4128) so that you can see our products and meet our people first hand. There are usually several dealers in our booth so if you want to speak to someone who sells Optec products, this is a great opportunity. Who knows - you may discover that we're not exactly what our competitors claim we are. ;)

Send me an email and I'll be happy to send you a free pass to the show.

Keith Knackstedt

Director of Marketing

Optec Displays, Inc.

kknackstedt@optecdisplays.com

Thanks for the replies, I didn't know they had pulled a bankruptcy and name change.

Optec has never filed for bankruptcy. I think these posters are referring to a former dealer of ours.

Be careful friend. They sold a bunch of displays through us a few years back. Two years ago (approx.) they closed their doors and walked away from all warranty responsibilities. It took them a while but when they emerged as two new companies (Optec and Hyoco) neither one would back us up with parts.

Optec continues to honor our 5-year warranty on all LED displays. If you are having an issue getting replacement parts, please call our tech support department at 800-876-1668. They'll be glad to help you.

Keith Knackstedt

Director of Marketing

Optec Displays, Inc.

All,

There's nothing wrong with criticism, but when many of those who are criticizing either represent or work for Optec's competitors, I would be a little skeptical. Of course, since I work for Optec, I admit that I'm biased in the other direction.

If anyone wants to learn more about us, I invite you to visit us at ISA (Booth 4128) so that you can see our products and meet our people first hand. There are usually several dealers in our booth so if you want to speak to someone who sells Optec products, this is a great opportunity. Who knows - you may discover that we're not exactly what our competitors claim we are. ;)

Send me an email and I'll be happy to send you a free pass to the show.

Keith Knackstedt

Director of Marketing

Optec Displays, Inc.

kknackstedt@optecdisplays.com

We'll be sure to stop by and say hello.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill