ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Next stop 5800......

• Board Patron

Soon to be 5800 members on The Sign Syndicate !

I, for one, am glad to be a part of this website. Thanks for making it happen, Erik.

Best

• Like 1

"Don't be afraid to see what you see" - President Ronald Reagan

• Board Patron

Maybe but a lot of people watch this site and don't say a word.

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Waaaaaay too many readers / lurkers in the shadows, but it also expands way beyond sign companies, there are actually a lot of large retailers, theaters, & franchises who also read.

I have a lot of conversations outside of this site with a lot of big companies, some I meet in person, some from phone calls others from emails. The reasons for their not engaging is this. Their afraid of letting a cat out of the bag depending on the topic and who's reading, employees can't because of who they work for and their not allowed to voice because of who they represent and some can get in trouble as we've seen in the past & I've been asked to edit or delete topics to save jobs, some don't want to debate or argue so most just prefer to lurk.

But, they do read, a lot of companies I speak with are amazingly up to speed on what goes on here and what is discussed here, and they do care about what they actually do read and what they "find out".

So because of this, i'll keep doing what I do. Sometimes I sound like a broken record on certain topics especially our industry political topics & I know that but I do for a reason & most importantly THEY (the silent majority) want me to because I give a voice where they can't due/because of various reasons....they appreciate the fact that I/we are one of the few that DO, and do that for this industry and for them.

Hell, some companies just outright block this site from their employees, NOW that's funny!

So if anyone thinks because there aren't that many openly engaging that this site and it might be dead, that's an overstep.

http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4315-only-5-people-post-a-challenge/

I know what changes have happened because of this site and I won't be open about that, but it's helped change a lot for the better, it's not just me, it's because of a lot of posters and I'm not just talking about the National Sign & Service review section either. This site gets between 9k to 11k unique visitors a month or unique IP addresses.

I don't know what it is about the electric sign trade/sector compared to others, whether it's vinyl, printing or sign painting. Those others will talk your ear off for hours and post to no end, bring up electric signs and people think they have trade secrets to hide or a bone will pop out of their mouth. Maybe so, there is a lot to protect I guess, a lot of large accounts, lot's of money......and this is us.

I'd rather have fewer lean discussions than repeated conversations on how to trim cap better or why my printer is giving streak marks or why the t-shirt machine is offset and making a ghost image.

If our true readership was low, I would have dropped this site long ago because my time could be spent better. Our electric sign trade is in BIG disarray with no voice, this site, we bring / restore balance to that.

Besides....as one person stated. "I'm here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble gum"

• Like 1

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

Erik;

I think you just about summed it all up. This site has been integral with a lot of changes in my world of contracting.

I am one of those people who for contractual reasons cannot openly divulge some particulars about my information base when posting. I usually stick to some benign factoids that basically are non inflammatory and cannot construed as slanderous.

But you are spot on about the visibility this website sheds on our sacred industry. And I also have been amazed by some of the entities that peruse the information on this website. Many eyes who you would not expect are watching. I know this firsthand to be a fact.

I recently sat in a meeting here in So cal with a Petroleum/C Store entity and this site did rear its head in the conversation. A name that possibly was being bandied about in the National Forum was being discussed and a fair portion of contractors present verified the devious practices of these particular folks. I was happy to bring the SS up on a screen to let the person in charge know that maybe there was a widespread problem that was being shared by its base of contractors.

It is alleged that shortly after this meeting, the National Entity was no longer going to be in the loop. The Petro/C Store brought the maintenance back under its own wing and now feels better value is being achieved. I can't really say who all the parties were, but I can without a doubt tell you that changes were made because of, in part, this website. But mainly because of good subcontractors who were fed up with being ripped off and spoke up, changes were made. Maybe they were going to revamp their program regardless, but letting out some loud screams didn't hurt.

Change happened and I can tell you, I was glad to be a part of it. I feel as if I was part of the solution and not just bitching about the problem. I have other stories but I think, Erik, you get the idea because you have had the same experiences.

So whether or not it is a few that post and many that lurk, or vice versa, this site is a beacon out there in the trenches. I know because I, like you, have experienced it. Maybe this could be construed as biting the hand that feeds you, but if that hand wouldn't be consistently slapping you in the face, there would have been no reason to bear the teeth and bite. But Shit happens..........

Finally, I like your last phrase because it comes from a cult classic called "They Live" starring the infamous Rowdy Roddy Piper. He indeed did say " I came to chew bubble gum or kick ass and I am fresh out of bubblegum"

Keep kicking ass my friend. I will try to lay some ass whippings myself out here in the world.

Best

• Like 1

• Board Patron

true that Erik, I was just saying that in hopes that others who have something to contribute would, instead of just lurking. There is no denying the effectiveness of your site!

true that Erik, I was just saying that in hopes that others who have something to contribute would, instead of just lurking. There is no denying the effectiveness of your site!

I know what you were saying, a lot of people just like to do what comes easy and that's leaning back in the cart instead of "acting" and pulling the cart when it comes to the electric sign sector. It's just always been that way for some reason.

I understand that, wish there was more but and I'm good with that.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• !llumenati

Been here from the start. Met a lot of yall in person and a lot have met me and not said anything.

Great job Erik and K (the real mastermind behind it all LOL)

GOOD things happen for a reason......

• Board Patron

Many are like me and choose to be non-confrontational and remain is the shadows!!!! LOL

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

BTW - Roddy Piper was BOSS!

Like i said it's always the few who pull the cart

post-3-0-89423300-1402284580_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• Board Patron

BTW - Roddy Piper was BOSS!

Like i said it's always the few who pull the cart

attachicon.gifSS-300.jpg

Erik;

Have you considered making a line of "Sign Syndicate" sunglasses? The next time you host a "Meet and Greet", everyone could wear the glasses just to be sure of the attendees. Probably would be more appropriate to wear them when attending another association meeting referred to on this board, which I will not name at this time. Use your imagination!

At any rate, if you decide to market a line of these sunglasses, put me down for an order right now.............

Best

• 4 weeks later...
  • Board Patron

64 more until we hit the Promise Land..................

Keep signing them up and keep them posting.

Best

• 1 month later...
  • Board Patron

Just (12) Twelve more and it is 5800. Next stop 5900, 6000 and beyond.

Here is to the best sign board on the internet..................................

Best

• 2 weeks later...
  • Board Patron

Badda Bing..........................5800.

Hope to be here, going strong, when the Syndicate hits 6000 members !

Best