ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Charlie Bootz - Bootz and Duke Sign Company

Erik Sine

Charles Hearveal Bootz

post-3-0-39849400-1418108699.jpg

Charles Hearveal Bootz, 90, of Glendale, died Dec. 5. He was born March 23, 1924, in Detroit, Mich. He soon moved to Arizona and attended Issac Grammar School and Glendale High School.

In 1943, he was drafted into the United States Army, where he served with the 739th Field Artillery Battalion and was awarded the Bronze Star for heroic achievement in Germany.

In 1946, after returning from the war, he was hired by Myers-Leiber Sign Company and began his life-long career in the sign business.

Sept. 11, 1947, he married the love of his life, Vernell (White) Bootz at First United Methodist Church of Glendale, where he remained an active member.

Mr. Bootz was active in the the city he loved, Glendale. He served on the volunteer firefighter for the City of Glendale from 1947 to 1960. He also served as a Glendale Councilman and was active in Glendale Rotary. He loved playing golf and had a passion for cars. In 1963, he and four friends started an annual golf tournament, the Out House Open, that continues with the 53rd annual in 2015. In 1964, Mr. Bootz and good friend and fellow co-worker, Jim Duke, began their own sign company, Bootz and Duke Sign Company. It has become a third-generation company and recently celebrated its 50th year in business.

Mr. Bootz is survived by his wife of 67 years, Vernell; his daughter, Cindy (Bill) Gibson; and his son, Jeff (Mari) Bootz. He also was blessed with three grandchildren: Charlie (Betsie) Gibson, Andy (Donna) Gibson, and Brad (Caitlin) Bootz; and six great-grandchildren: Noah, Logan, Annie, Kaeleigh, and Parker Gibson, and Tyler Bootz.

A memorial service will be held 10 a.m. Dec. 13 at the First United Methodist Church, 7102 N. 58th Drive, Glendale.

Donations may be made to the First United Methodist Memorial Fund in memory of Charles Bootz.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Charlie Bootz will be sorely missed by his family I'm sure, and friends alike.

I only worked for Charlie 2 years before returning to my family business in 1982 but I still have fond memories of him, his family and Bootz & Duke sign co. His sense of Humor was contagious as he would walk thru the shop. Going out for lunch on Fridays with Charlie, Jeff & Bill at LaPearla Mexican restaurant where they laughed as they fed me chips and salsa until i had tears streaming still brings a smile to my face.

He was from the old school where he expected a days work for a days pay and if you wanted respect you had to earn it. I was riding a motorcycle to work everyday back then and I still remember when he walked into my office and handed me the keys to a company car and said "Here, take this. I had a dream you got hit coming to work on your motorcycle and I couldn't get back to sleep". I was a young man of 26 with a wife and 2 kids and God only knows if he was really prophetic or just being kind, but he was who he was.

Now, as a man running his own family business I count Charlie, and my time at Bootz & Duke,even with the short time i worked for him as probably second only to my own Father in influencing how I run my business and the ethics I try to display. R.I.P Charlie Bootz.

• Like 1