ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Strangest Install

• Board Patron

I know I read a topic on here where a body was found during a pole sign installation, but I was wondering what are some of the strange items people may have found during their sign installations. Nothing strange over here other than new power tools added to our lineup and an occasional pair of sun glasses. Why couldn't it be money???

• !llumenati

Follow behind installers in an attic/crawl way type sign. You will always find tools and Lots of materials left behind. Except maybe Eric's installs.

• Board Patron

Lori found a pile of human poop and tp in an attic while we we doing an install!

Installation & Maintenance Services

Brian Phillips | expresssignandneon@sbcglobal.net | P. 812-882-3278

Express Sign & Neon | 119 S. 15th Street - Vincennes - IN 47591

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Nothing real strange, maybe bird carcasses is the grossest and smelliest, to date (which isn't that much) thank god no human crap laying around LoL. However, speaking of sunglasses. I did comeback to a job 5 years later to do a sign removal and found my sunglasses laying on top of the parapet raceway, Haha.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

doesn't every sign guy poop in the attic? lol

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Now retired, but many years ago tried to install a sign head on a pole, we couldn't get the feed to the bottom. Found a dead cat inside of the pole. No need to go any further on how we got it out.

30 years digging a sign base in Fort Erie Ontario, the excavator dug up human remains. Apparently during the war of 1812, where a soldier died , was where he was buried. Held up the job for almost a year, while the proper authorities did their stuff.

Dave

Found this can of AMP energy drink last week in a sign while doing some service work. Looks like the last installer ran out of 36" bulbs but had a 30" left, so to make up the difference he taped a socket to the can.

post-7083-0-10568300-1424196853_thumb.jp

• Like 3

• Board Patron

Found this can of AMP energy drink last week in a sign while doing some service work. Looks like the last installer ran out of 36" bulbs but had a 30" left, so to make up the difference he taped a socket to the can.

OH MY GOSH!!! Well, it is an amp. Hahaha ....... I think you win the award now! We have some crazy stuff done around here - we've had black electrical tape holding lamps in - we went to service a sign that the customer could not understand why it burned up because it was "new" - got there and the moron that built it built it out of WOOD!!! No lie. 2 x 4's and plywood!!! They did use acrylic for the face.

• Board Patron

Once when called to look a a channel letter set that was not working I had a good one. When I raised up to the sign I could see that the raceway cover was bent up on one end, and when I took it off there was a cooked crispy crow with one foot on the secondary of the neon transformer. I had to take side cuts to cut his foot off the tranny.

express%20neon%20sig.jpg

Probably not that strange but once went out on a service call on a cool Spring morning and working on a metal awning about 14' up I removed a sign face (push through alum) to find the biggest swarm of bees I have ever seen. Thankfully it was still cold out and they were barely moving but once I took the face off they started to get upset - record time down a ladder for me. Once they were removed by someone else we had to rewire the sign as it was completely corroded from the hive.

• Board Patron

Nothing real strange, maybe bird carcasses is the grossest and smelliest, to date (which isn't that much) thank god no human crap laying around LoL. However, speaking of sunglasses. I did comeback to a job 5 years later to do a sign removal and found my sunglasses laying on top of the parapet raceway, Haha.

In a similar vein, I once had to go back to service a sign about six months after installing it and found my missing cordless drill on the raceway. Oops!

After removing the wall sign from an "exotic dance studio" we found a hidden room that hadn't been opened in decades. There was nothing much in it other than some old Saltwater Sportsman magazines.

I did not see it but one of our inspectors favorite stories is about a finding a channel letter sign illuminated with a string of Christmas tree lights.

• 1 month later...