ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Accounting/Job costing software?

I use Cyrious software. It can do all of your invoicing, statements, estimates, inventory, etc. It is not cheap, and it takes a lot of work to get every piece of material you use in the database. I've been using it since 2008 and can't imagine doing without it now. But there was a learning curve for my employees. Took a good 6 months to get all the kinks out and missed items input. It makes price increased much easier. If vinyl goes up, change the cost of vinyl, and every product that uses it will reflect the the cost and price. This is not just for vinyl shops, it can price anything. Let me know if you like more info, I'll give you a call.

There are more than a few off the shelf and SaaS solutions out there. I never really liked Peachtree... at least not for our industry.

No matter what you decide, just keep in mind that the more users you have, the more difficult it is to change up applications. e.g. if you have 7-8 users in various roles, involve them in the decision process, have them help evaluate what they want, like, and need, etc.

Each have their strengths, most limit customization, and few have modules or add ons which are pretty good overall.

I have nothing bad to say about the following:

-Cyrious

-SignTracker

I can't say enough good things about the following, however they're pricey ERP solutions:

-Plex

-Keyedin Sign Edition

-Epicor

I would be happy to build you a custom solution for unlimited users which handles invoices, purchase orders, job tracking, document management, customer & sub-contractor facing interface, web integration, installer integration, shop floor integration, inventory, etc. Basically all the bells and whistles you can ever need. However you would be in the neighborhood of $15-20k for development plus travel expenses and lodging from Northern CA to your location. It would take about a month before it's ready to deploy for beta and at least (4) 2 day site visits. Ballpark of $25k completed with 3 years remote support.

However, I'm not sure you would need this level of customization. You may very well be completely satisfied with any of the aforementioned products. They're all scalable and follow well established best practices.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Hope this helps,

• Board Patron

Call me old fashioned. I do it all long form, for most custom jobs. Material list, shop labor time, install time. Add my mark ups, and I'm done. This way I get involved, and know the job inside and out.

I run a upright inch formula on standard channel letters, plus install variable.

I don't let anyone else quote a job. Unless it's a simple vinyl job, then the wife deals with it.

• Like 1

CASper is the most reliable and is dissigned just for the sign industry. I have used other software, and I will not use anything else.

Call me if you want more information 704-529-4440