ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

USSC Sign Association

An alternative to ISA already exists - - it's called the United States Sign Council and has been in existence since 1997. Those standards you were talking about - - we've got them. We also have legibility studies, lighting studies, a model code based on scientific research and much more. We have invested over 5 million dollars in 15 studies that are aimed to help the electric sign companies of America.

My name is Nancy Maren and I am the Executive Director of the USSC. We have always represented the electric sign shops. Not only that, but the people who run this association are sign people. I have designed and sold signs and our former Executive Director, Andrew Bertucci, also designed and sold signs. The USSC is the only association is that is managed by sign people for sign people. We are not professional association people that work for one association today and tomorrow can be with the Pool & Spa Association, for example. No, we have been involved with the sign industry and sign associations for over 30 years.

And we don't publish a magazine that includes screen printing, etc.

And we are not looking to merge with other industry associations.

We just want to do the best darn job we can for our members - - sign companies

So, if you, or anyone else out there wants to join a group that truly represents the Electric Sign Industry, go to our web site at www.ussc.org and check us out. Membership is only $95 per year for a company with 10 or less employees and just $110 per year if you have over 10 employees. Join with us in our fight to level the playing field for sign companies, to give sign companies the information they need to design adequate signage and more importantly be able to put up the signage they design.

For your membership dues you get digital copies of all of our studies published to date. A veritable sign information library at your fingertips.

You also get legislative help, representation on various code panels (NEC, UL, etc.) and people who are there to help you

You say no current association does the things you mention - - now you know that there is an association that does. I challenge you and anyone else reading this to go to our web site today, join with us, and put "your money where your mouth is"!

I look forward to seeing your membership application and active participation at our trade show and convention - - Sign World International, December 3, 4 & 5 in Atlantic City, NJ.

Hi Nancy, and thanks for chiming in.

I've heard the Association name before but I don't know anything about the USSC so I have a few questions.

Can you send me a copy of your Lighting Study, and does it report on light output and power consumption, lumen maintenance for LEDs, Neon, Fluorescent & HIDs as they relate to sign applications & General Lighting?

Most importantly do you promote/educate those findings to the public? Because right now a lot of sign companies prefer to take the lazy way out, put the sign up and collect a check and walk away.

We are not professional association people that work for one association today and tomorrow can be with the Pool & Spa Association

That made me spit my drink up! :lol_hitting: . Glad to see others see what I see!

I think the very survival of conventional light sources are at jeopardy due to an uninformed and mislead public where our industry has fallen short of fighting the public opinion that was thrown on them from false and awful marketing claims by mfg's who have never even touched, studied, measured or seen other light sources in person. We are starting to see a demand in Neon once again for example ( A unique trait of the electric sign industry), but it's because it's the consumer demanding it and not the sign companies offering as a viable option, either because it's not in their interest because they want a quick and fast, or they don't have the knowledge / capability to do so, so they would rather shoot that idea down as "Non-efficient, or bad for the environment" which is completely false in place for another.

Does the USSC fight lighting, environmental, and energy regulation that affects our industry, and what have they done in the past?

Thanks,

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Yes, I would send you the studies. Give me a call at 215 785-1922 or e-mail me at nancy@ussc.org with your mailing address.

As for distributing this material - - every USSC member gets all of the studies on a CD disc.

We also exhibit at the American Planners Association convention each year and give out the information there to all the planners. This year we were chosen to give a seminar.

And anyone who goes to our web page can request copies of any of our publications. If they are municipalities or other such types - - we send it free.

Nancy

United States Sign Council

Thanks and I will send you over an email.

I'm splitting this topic for now into it's own separate so it doesn't take away or side track from the original topic .

You know, I think your association should seriously think of doing a west coast show, I think you're missing a large audience and a potential membership drive. I always wanted to go to your show in NJ but it was always too close around Christmas time and the unpredictable east coast weather I was hesitant to fly and get stuck in an airport. You guys should do Vegas on the same year ISA does Florida, I bet you guys would get crazy traffic, who wouldn't want to make up an excuse to go to Vegas, and do it more importantly close to summer time! That way I could have a good reason to be in Vegas at least once a year!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill