ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Starting a new electric sign shop in California

Hey everybody I'm starting a new thread for someone.

What is the current process of trying to get your own C45 license and costs for UL or MET LABS?

I know when I did it 18 years ago or do if was 7 years experience. 4 as an apprentice, four as a journeyman. Then recently 5k to 8k as working capital in your piggy bank acct. the process was to have your boss or supervisor sign a experience sheet on what you did or performed under said companies you worked for.

The required bond is 10k or 12k?

The cost of the bond depends on your credit. But usually costs $200 to $300 for 2 to 3 years.

Anyone else have some info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

Hey everybody I'm starting a new thread for someone.

What is the current process of trying to get your own C45 license and costs for UL or MET LABS?

I know when I did it 18 years ago or do if was 7 years experience. 4 as an apprentice, four as a journeyman. Then recently 5k to 8k as working capital in your piggy bank acct. the process was to have your boss or supervisor sign a experience sheet on what you did or performed under said companies you worked for.

The required bond is 10k or 12k?

The cost of the bond depends on your credit. But usually costs $200 to $300 for 2 to 3 years.

Anyone else have some info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erik;

From the CSLB,

General Qualifications

To qualify to become a licensed contractor an individual must be 18 years of age or older and have the experience and skills necessary to manage the daily activities of a construction business, including field supervision.

Or, you must be represented by someone else with the necessary experience and skills, who serves as your qualifying individual.

The contractor or other person who will act as the qualifying individual must have had, within the ten years immediately before the filing of the application, at least four full years of experience at a journey level, or as a foreman, supervisor, or contractor in the classification for which he or she is applying. The experience claimed on the application must be verifiable and individuals who have knowledge of the experience must certify the accuracy of the experience information provided by the applicant.

Are there any financial requirements to meet in order to qualify for a contractor’s license?

Yes. All applicants for a new contractor’s license, other than those applying for a joint venture license, must have more than $2,500 worth of operating capital. Operating capital is defined as your current assets minus your current liabilities.

Contractor's Bond

A Contractor's Bond is a requirement for the issuance of an active license, reactivation of a license, and for the maintanance of an actively renewed license (Business and Professions Code Section 7071.6). The bond is filed for the benefit of consumers who may be damaged as a result of defective construction or other license law violations, and for the benefit of employees who have not been paid wages that are due to them.

Requirements for the Contractor's Bond:
  • The bond must be written by a surety company licensed through the California Department of Insurance.
  • The bond must be in the amount of $12,500.
  • The business name and license number on the bond must correspond exactly with the business name and license number on the CSLB's records.
  • The bond must have the signature of the attorney-in-fact for the surety company.
  • The bond must be written on a form approved by the Attorney General's Office.
  • The bond must be received at the CSLB's Headquarters Office within 90 days of the effective date of the bond.

"Don't be afraid to see what you see" - President Ronald Reagan