ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Dying breed

After being in the electric sign industry for longer than I would like to remember it seems to me that the old mean,tuff,neverquit,"no matter what get it up" attitude guys are long gone! I remember how much I hated my journeyman. But looking back seems I was DAMN lucky to have them. Nowadays it's hard to find a guy that is ready and willing to learn and put in the time/work to make good money and even more importantly have the pride to be a Sign Hanger!

• !llumenati

Work and sweat ? Are you on drugs ?

I get lots of "men looking for jobs " but no one wants to work. Recently one guy came in and the 1st question he asked was what days do I get off.

I said Saturday and Sunday..

ENTITLEMENT is the new word for work

• Like 2

That's the majority attitude here in my town, "Get it done". I remember when I use to work for other companies, you always had a few who looked at the clock or put in a minimal effort. I still enjoy what I do so I love the work.

The dying breed are the fabricators and installers who can work with Fluorescent and Neon Lamps, and that's okay....more leaner profits for me! :big_boss:

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

heres a pic of the sumbitches I first worked with (at a much later date than this picture) but the same company (my grandfathers). the man on the ground on the left, Henry Mullis, Stormed The Beach At Normandy.

post-2942-0-69330100-1438093701.jpg

Edited by wokboots
  • Like 2

That's the greatest generation, the best teachers, fortunate if you ever got a chance to watch, learn observe from them. Can't top learning character, integrity from them either, if there's a "can do" generation that was them right there, America's best imprinted in that photograph.

Cool pic, thanks for sharing that!

• Like 1

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill