ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

additional insureds out of control

• Board Patron

Is anyone else seeing a rapid increase in the number of parties who what to be listed as "additional insureds"? The general contractor, the building owner, the building partners, the building property manager. Oh yes, and a round of subrogation waivers too please!

I can pay more money and get the "blanket" additional insured's for everyone like I'm sure many of you do, but it gets to be a gray area when some of these folks are people you do not have a written contract yet. Even with the blanket there is paperwork involved to make sure each of these parties actually qualifies for it as per your policy.

All this is driving up the costs for the end buyer. I know it's not limited to electric sign work, but it seems like people are asking for ALL work from ANYONE who does ANYTHING to be zero risk and to insure not just themselves but everyone else too.

• Board Patron

Is anyone else seeing a rapid increase in the number of parties who what to be listed as "additional insureds"? The general contractor, the building owner, the building partners, the building property manager. Oh yes, and a round of subrogation waivers too please!

I can pay more money and get the "blanket" additional insured's for everyone like I'm sure many of you do, but it gets to be a gray area when some of these folks are people you do not have a written contract yet. Even with the blanket there is paperwork involved to make sure each of these parties actually qualifies for it as per your policy.

All this is driving up the costs for the end buyer. I know it's not limited to electric sign work, but it seems like people are asking for ALL work from ANYONE who does ANYTHING to be zero risk and to insure not just themselves but everyone else too.

Welcome to the club my friend.

Everyone wants to be indemnified by everyone for everything. The question is then, who is going to pay for all of this?

Best of Luck going forward in the brave new world............

"Don't be afraid to see what you see" - President Ronald Reagan

• Board Patron

I don't have a problem with insuring risk. It is always there. But it seems as if ALL risk (even 2nd and 3rd-party negligence) is being transferred to contractors. If you can transfer risk you get lower insurance rates. But the person assuming the additional risks (that would be people like us) are paying higher rates.

As long as we can buy it, bill it, and people are willing to pay it I guess there is not much problem. But at some point it could make electric sign work seem so egregiously expensive that folks start looking at other advertising means that do not have such high costs.