ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Free Night Surveys! Whooo HOOO!

• Board Patron

Occasionally I'll get emails to run "Free Night Survey's". As they say, "They're real simple. Just go to the site(s), photograph all signs and exterior lighting. Email the pictures in, with a description and location of what is out. And you'll probably get the work, if it's approved."

Yeah... I can't/won't do it. Not to mention the companies usually requesting these free survey's. Are ones we rarely work with.

What say you SS board members? Do you all do these? Do they pan out? How do you re coop your initial survey/office time?

• Like 1

• Board Patron

I'm not going to name the companies. But they are "nationals" who don't have the best reviews on this site. One of them isn't too far from you. They're on the West Coast.. ;)

• Board Patron

Here's the email (edited to save the innocent)

Dear Vendor,
(Did not attach the list on the first email.. here it is again)
We are coming up on the busy holiday season, and Black Friday is the most important shopping day of the year for our **** *** account. They must have all of their signs & lighting running at 100% prior to their annual sales event! Our main focus is getting their “****** Sign” and “Channel Letter” outages repaired. However, some locations may also want us to repair wall packs, parking lot lights, , multi-tenant signs, and pylon signs. It is very important that we do not wait for them to report outages to us, and get a jump on things before it’s too late. We are aware that Installer schedules fill up very quickly during this time of year, and we want to minimize last minute scheduling conflicts by being proactive. Let’s get the business for these locations, and address the outages now, before things get too busy!
This is how it works.
Any outages that you report to us will be proposed to the customer. If the work is awarded to us (which it often is) we will give you the work. Please see the attached list of **** *** locations in your area, and let us know which locations you will be able to visit. Then, perform a night patrol, take pictures of any outages that you see on the property, and make a note of the location address. Then, email the information to us, and we will ask them to issue a work order to perform a more in depth site survey. If you are going to be in any other areas, please let us know, and we will get you a list for that region. Night patrol locations will be scheduled with vendors on a first come / first serve basis. So, please respond as soon as possible, if you are interested in participating.
WE have just been awarded the Texas market for our customer, for the quality of work we have done in other states & regions. This is a great opportunity for us to provide excellent customer service to our client in their Texas market. The more we do this, the more locations & territories we will be awarded. Also, the more likely we will be contacted as the “preferred vendor” for these locations.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions, and thank you in advance for your help & cooperation!
  • Like 1

• Board Patron

I did one once. When they got work at the site (a popular electronics store) they said we charged too much and got someone else to fix it. I was foolish to think it would pan out, but ... live and learn!

A certain National signs company with plants in Vegas and Saltlake City, wwere trying to sell franchises at Our Canadian SIgn Show. I was astounded at what they wanted $50,000 US ($75,000 Canadian) and pay them a 6% Royalty.

They wanted me to do night patrols, contact the customer do the job and pay them the royalty. What they would do for me is teach me how do do the night patrols,m how to approach the customer and use their name.

Hardly make sense, when this is is what we should be doing if we need the work, to patrol at night, and deal with customers who know your business , trucks and crews locally.

I don't think thjey sold any franchises, the guy at the booth looked really bored.

• Like 1

Sounds like you are talking about YESCO. It might be worth nothing, that we are the largest sign company in North America with over 40 franchisees operating in 90+ territories. Those in operation for over three years average over $1,000,000.00 (US Dollars) in revenue annually. One of the primary benefits our franchisees enjoy is our proprietary software. It is a game changer for those using it.

Oh and by the way, exchange rate puts the Canadian Franchise Fee at $65,000. Look, I already saved you $10,000!

I haven't gone out to look for service work for some time because it's not really my gig. But is it me or is it almost a waste of time night patrolling?

It would seem like mom and pop shops would shop around, and unless they were the ones doing the seeking they would almost just let their signs sit unless they were in a retail center who's property managements would require them to get their signs serviced.

When it came to retail franchise's it was always "thank you...but we have someone for that" and the signs would just sit getting worse and worse as time went on till months later someone finally got out there and it was mostly 3rd party contracting

So I pretty much gave up on that kind of work years ago when I was real active and had the trucks to do it.

I had one friend who even made it a point to take pictures and draw up a small proposal by printing and giving it to them and I always thought he put too much time into it and he even ran into the same brick wall.

• Like 1

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

Sounds like you are talking about YESCO. It might be worth nothing, that we are the largest sign company in North America with over 40 franchisees operating in 90+ territories. Those in operation for over three years average over $1,000,000.00 (US Dollars) in revenue annually. One of the primary benefits our franchisees enjoy is our proprietary software. It is a game changer for those using it.

Oh and by the way, exchange rate puts the Canadian Franchise Fee at $65,000. Look, I already saved you $10,000!

Jack;

I think this gentleman was referring specifically to our Canadian Brothers. Just out of curiosity, of the 40 Franchisees you have under contract, how many are in Canada?

For the record, Yesco is probably one of, if not finest sign company in the universe in my opinion........

Best

"Don't be afraid to see what you see" - President Ronald Reagan

• !llumenati

YESCO is a great company to work for. The people are great and their money flows without hesitation.

Like any business, The success of it is what you put into it. Franchise or Self employeed

Jack;

I think this gentleman was referring specifically to our Canadian Brothers. Just out of curiosity, of the 40 Franchisees you have under contract, how many are in Canada?

For the record, Yesco is probably one of, if not finest sign company in the universe in my opinion........

Best

4 of our current 40 are in Canada. We are looking to expand that number, because our ultimate goal is to have a self servicing network that can work together to grow business and support each other on all aspects of the sign industry (not just service). While the franchise is just service, we want to be able to support each other on install and manufacturing endeavors too.