ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Phone Manners/ Sorry Salesmen

Yesterday, we needed to get a quote on a text LED board for a job that we're quoting. We have a dozen or so vendors for this type of thing, and we just decided to call on one that we seldom use. Here's the response:

Joeblow's LED's:

"This is Joeblow"

VCD Signs:

"Hey Joe, VCD Signs here! How you doing? We need to get a quote on a 4 line LED Board"

Joeblow's LED's:

"What model?"

VCD Signs:

"Not sure. Needs to be four lines of 6" text"

Joeblow's LED's:

"sigh.... how long?"

VCD Signs:

"Oh, let's say 8 feet or so"

Joeblow's LED's:

"sigh..... ok... sigh.... Eleventy gagillion dollars plus shipping and communication.."

VCD Signs:

"What is wireless running on this model?"

Joeblow's LED's:

"sigh..... Four gagillion"

VCD Signs:

"Ok Joe. Well I guess that's about all we'll need"

Joeblow's LED's:

CLICK (hangup)

No "thanks for calling", "any questions", "glad I could help", "have a nice day", "Kiss my Arse"... NOTHING... REALLY chapped my ass.. Am I way off base here? We're not going to use them, and haven't in a long time because we get this same attitude of them not NEEDING my business every time we call. When I was in wholesale, I would talk to upwards of 100 potential clients every day, and NEVER acted that way with anyone. It would be different if it was Microsoft or someone with a corner on the market, but like I said, we can get this same thing from about a dozen other folks. :darkevil5yg:

:rofl6ma: How long can we project he will be in existence in the marketplace?

I know a few sign companies who have salesmen that act like that, hell what do they care, they just collect a paycheck. There were a few companies that for a while hated my salesmen and especially my guts when we were taking jobs left and right away from these guys and it wasn't about price. It was just the way we conducted ourselves to the clients with a need. We didn't walk in like were were gracing them with our presence, and we actually listend to what THEY wanted and what THEY had to say and built a project around that. The clients would then tell us later that the previous sign salesmen from the other company would call back wondering why he got no call back, they would chew off the head of the client after finding out it was my company. lmao

The industry gets a lot of sales people from the wierdest areas I tell you. I can't count how many times I end up getting a job even after I was told they gave it to someone else. I'll always end a sales presentation after finding out I didn't get it with "Thank you for giving me the oppurtunity" attitude. That other company can always drop that ball or jack it up, making the client think about me for a plan B or next project.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill