ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Warranty issues

• Board Patron

Question:  If you have done an installation that requires you provide a one year warranty and you do so, then there is an issue with one of the signs, which you return to repair, and then a few months later, the store calls the company that hired you for the install and says they are having another issue and that company takes it upon itself to not inform you, but calls another sign company in, unbeknownst to you, and out of the blue calls you to try to collect.  And I must note here that the amount the other company charged, for some simple caulking and an hour drive is over $2,000.00, which is more than you were paid to install the damn sign.  Should we have to pay that, given the warranty was with us?  This would set a presidence  that even though you did the install and the warranty is with you,  the company that hired you can use anyone to make the repairs, without your knowledge, and then stick you with the invoice.

Thougths?

Sound like a good laugh if I were sent the invoice, though it may not be funny to you.  

Seems like a break in common basic sense somewhere in not understanding who gave the warranty on the project

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• Board Patron

The bad thing is they owe us money from a recently completed job and are threatening to deduct the two grand from that payment, otherwise I would just laugh it off.

Basically they broke the warranty by hiring someone else to cover your warranty.  I don't know why they can't grasp that, that goes for anything consumers buy.  

I would get what they are threatening in writing, that they hired someone else to cover your warranty.... and why they are not paying on another project. That's two different contracts, can't legally mix those or withhold payment...speaking form my state of course but I'm sure in front of any judge would see this case with basic logic.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

• 2 weeks later...
  • !llumenati

Get paid in full for the 1st job. That is a separate PO and completed work with no issues
OR....Lien that job 

As far as the 2nd job, Read in between their Policy lines. It probably says " We can hire any contractor to fix or warranty the work and deduct it from you "
This is the usual BS wording and rarely done. 
They should have called you and told you to fix it and move forward.
Maybe it was a simple 15 minute job for you. 
But the next guy was told " Don't worry about the cost, it is on the other company and charged it without any hesitation to cost.
Maybe the Original Company charged you 3 times what the repair company charged. Its all about making money.

If you can't get paid, Lien the job.
You have NO FRIENDS left at the Original Company, 

• Like 1