Do not register with a hotmail.com / Outlook / me account.  Hotmail lists this site as spam and your registration will not be completed because you will not receive a confimation

ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES

If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components Like Trim Cap, LED's, USHIO LED Lamps, Neon Supplies, or LED Power Supplies, Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!

Buy Now

NATIONAL SIGN & SERVICE COMPANY REVIEW LIST

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors

Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

You Must Be A Registered Member & A Subcontractor
Click Here

MEMBER LOCATION MAP

Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call? Locate a Supplier or Advertiser Regarding Thier Goods & Services?

Become a Member & Upgrade Your Free Membership So Others Can Locate You
Click Here
Sign in to follow this  
chas8signs

FAA airfield signs

Can anyone recommend a fabricator who has experience with FAA approved runway signage? Thank You

Hello Jim

call me or email me

Mike

NSW

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• Hi Michelle and welcome   The reasons for investing in a pylon sign are too easy, and it's all about visibility for your tenants and investing in your tenants so their noticed.  Especially for centers that are not so easily seen from the public right of way.  That can be for a ground or pole sign.    I think a even better article that could help in educating property managers is having some knowledge in...is whether or not they should be investing and paying a large upfront cost in "retrofitting" their existing signage when marketed too by a lot of these so called "independent firms or consultants....who aren't actually interdependent at all, their actually salesmen or reps of light source manufactures.   They will walk into your office as if they are the "wizards of smart" and can come in with a impressive power point presentation.  They may even have a lot of articles from our sad trade magazines, whom aren't actually trade magazines at all, their actually just brochure magazines who are more set on selling one page ads than actually representing the truth for the electric sign industry.   Property managers and developers are fed a lot of marketing claims such as "savings"...."efficient"....."Return on investment".     I'm talking about Retrofitting from conventional light sources such as Fluorescent or Neon Lamps to LED   There is a lot of mis-information by these reps and sign companies who are looking to make profit on parts and labor of LEDs for something that makes no sense in most cases.  There is very little difference in power consumption between the three when it comes to equal light output, and very little difference in cost of operation.  IN fact in most cases, the ROI on retrofitting is and can be 20 to 40 years, and in that time consumers will be re-retrofitting many times over and that savings never comes.   So consumers who have no background or experience in light sources, or their cost of operation are being mislead into thinking Fluorescent and Neon Lamps are inefficient, dangerous and have poor light output, when actually the opposite is true.   But, you won't find any of this out from a light source rep who was a lift-gate salesman one day and a LED rep the next who has never even held, tested or evaluated a  Neon or Fluorescent lamp.       We have done a lot of testing here on the Sign Syndicate in lumen maintenance, cost of operation, and I probably would only trust about 10% of LED products out there on life, and that doesn't even scratch the surface of apples to apples light output.  When you hear or are being told statements such as "80% in savings and efficiency".....nothing is further from the truth because a rep is comparing a penlight to a mag-light and telling you the penlight is saving 80% in efficiency.     The truth is.....you can only claim one product is more efficient than the other when both have equal light output  BUT..... one is doing it at a lower cost of operation.  ONLY then can you claim one is actually more "energy efficient"   Sadly, there are a lot of sign producers who are lazy and or have very little knowledge of fabrication in integrating Fluorescent & Neon Lamps for illuminating signs OR, they prefer to have a lower cost/wage in employees that don't have the skill set in a wide variety of applications so they only produce with a "LED everything" attitude.  Which is great for them in a business sense....     ....but terrible for the consumer who can be left with a end-product that has cheap imported Chinese LEDs or product that has the environment that is too harsh for LEDs   There is something that consumers are NOT aware of.  Every light source has their strengths and weaknesses, and not one light source is a fit for all applications   
    • A-Plus Signs is the Central Valley's leader in electrical architectural signage. We pride ourselves on our fine craftsmanship and our outstanding customer service. Currently, we are seeking an energetic, committed team-player to fill our full time Signage Installer position. The ideal candidate must have at least (2) years experience installing and uninstalling signage and patch / paint stucco fascias. Experience with welders, torchers, and grinders desired. Responsibilities and Duties Job duties include (but are not limited to): Installing and / or uninstalling commercial signage including channel letters, monuments, freestanding signs, LED digital boards, and interior ADA signage Patching and painting exterior building fascias Servicing neon, LED, and fluorescent signs as well as exterior lighting Operate areal lift equipment Work at heights and in confined spaces Qualifications and Skills Must have a clean driving record. A DMV record search, background check and drug screening are required. Must provide your own basic hand and battery tools ( screw drivers, pliers, wire strippers, etc.). Benefits Benefits include Health insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and a generous 401(k) plan. Interested candidates should respond to this email and include their resume. Job Type: Full-time   Serious inquiries only please. If interested send resume to kaleym@a-plussigns.com
    • I remember a couple sign shops in town would loan/trade each other the font cards for the Gerber 4b.  I still say all the time that you can tell a graphic artist that drew or painted signs vs one that had only done stuff on the computer.  
    •       I'm going to avoid the comments above but throw in my two cents (which may be all my post is worth but..).      Way back in the dark ages when signs were still hand painted, a company called Gerber Scientific came out with the first good vinyl plotter.   And yes, there may have been others, but this was the first one that (at least in my area) saw large sales.   The local sign writers bemoaned the fact that now any "monkey with two fingers" (a phrase I heard more than once) could now lay out and make signs.   Other phrases like "its ruining the industry", "taking away jobs", etc. flew about.   I wonder if the first mass produced brushes got the same kind of comments?   We used to make wholesale channel letters (all by hand) and after I saw the Gerber 4-B at other shops,  I tricked (long story) my father into buying one.    it cost $10K (in 1982 dollars) when that was a tidy sum.   it came with a whopping seven fonts.   It saved us a lot of time, allowed us to stop hand cutting/reverse spraying faces, making letter patterns, etc.   I was just learning to hand letter at the time, but that was left on the wayside.  I still wish I had fully learned to hand letter but i digress.   Anyway, channel letter benders are just another tool.   In the hands of an experienced shop they can really be a money maker.  Digital printers are another similar item.  If you know how to use them (and market that service) you can make a lot of dough.  In the 21st century channel letters, digital prints, aluminum extrusions, etc. are all commodities.  You can buy an assemble-it / install-it yourself set of channel letters on-line from at least one source.  I wonder when Amazon or Walmart will start carrying channel letters, cabinet signs, etc.   Now, anyone with deep enough pockets can gain entry to the sign business, be it with electric signs, vinyl graphics, 3d carved signs, etc. by buying the right equipment AND hiring the right people.   TBH, isn't that the new business model in these times.   If you have enough $, you can get into most any business.   Put together a business plan, get a loan, assemble a team, rent appropriate space, buy "stuff" and run with it.  It will never be as easy as the franchise salespeople would make you believe, but people will try and some will succeed.     Now I'm putting on my helmet, body armor and hunkering down in my foxhole and try to avoid the shrapnel.
    • Hello Steve,   There has been a serious miscommunication here.  I made no comments that were directed toward you, UFB Fab, its size or skill and I apologize if you got that impression.  I'm unclear how you made that assumption based on my comment.  
  • Latest Videos