ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES

If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components Like Trim Cap, LED's, USHIO LED Lamps, Neon Supplies, or LED Power Supplies, Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!

Buy Now

NATIONAL SIGN & SERVICE COMPANY REVIEW LIST

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors

Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

You Must Be A Registered Member & A Subcontractor
Click Here

MEMBER LOCATION MAP

Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call? Locate a Supplier or Advertiser Regarding Thier Goods & Services?

Become a Member & Upgrade Your Free Membership So Others Can Locate You
Click Here
Sign in to follow this  

Cutting Vinyl already stick to plastics...

Hey Guys!

Just found out some weeks ago, while doing some asked for testing by a new customer, that I can cut vinyl that already stick on plastics such acrylics and polycarbonates with a router (CNC in my case...); feeds and speeds are pretty much the same as when cutting the plastic alone and the vinyl is being cut very cleanily! I was quite skeptical about this but the vinyl proved to be VERY well holding on the plastics!?!?! I'm no sign maker but this customer had ask me this since he was spending MUCH time trying to stick the vinyl AFTER the plastics had been cut (I can easily figure the fun to paste a 4" vinyl letter on the same letter cut in plastic!!!)... or trying to cut both vinyl and plasic with a jig saw, wasting time and material, resulting in a not quite clean finish...

Hope this can be of a use to you!!! :headbang:

My experience with applying vinyl on substrates such as polycarb or acrylic is that I usually use soapy water to apply, then I usually let it cure or set on the acrylic for 24 at least sometimes over 2-3 days before cutting. After that period is comes out really nice. Usually anytime before 24 hours and the vinyl has a tendency to come up or off. My feed rate is the same as plastic, anythign slower and it get a lot of frays around the vinyl surface. I've been using a multipurpose bit at 13,000 RPM/s wih 3 inche/sec. :beer:

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

WOW! P'etty fast feed!? What bit size?

I have noticed tiny breakage at the machined edge in acrylic if I push the feed to fast using both 1/8" and 1/4" CED bit 2 straight edges standard V-flutes...

About applying the vinyl; that's what I've been told too but this new customer says he's applying it "dry" to avoid the "cure" time but add "one must be experienced to do this..." I've done it for the testing on a small scale with some bubbles since their were dirt on the acrylic...

:lolhitting: Whoops brain fart.

I'm thinking of the job I just did lastweek, that feed speed was using 1/2 PVC and not acrylic. I have a HF 3hp colombo spindle, so sometimes I can come roaring through material :headbang:

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

So from this, I suppose PVC machine even easier?! :roll: I did'nt tryed PVC yet...

The last letter project I did was 1/2" Black PVC with High Performance colored vinyl, when I get a chance I'll take a pic and post . I like using black so I can get away from painting

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• 1st of all while its great to use as an excuse. I am not sure as what I would like to consider myself a legitimate business that excuse to not pay does not fly. I cant use that excuse with Grimco, Glantz aluminum suppliers , Ford , the bank.   Hmmm I will just have to put on my big boy pants and get into the line of credit.  Our large signs we are using our money for 60-90 days by the time the project starts through delivery then getting paid.    Besides what if they never get paid. Nope sorry thats not how this works.
    • Paul;   Your statement   " When I asked why would anyone want to work with your company knowing that you do not pay until you are paid ? I also asked how do we know if you are paid or not paid from your customer ? "   You are exactly on point. How the hell do I know for sure when you have been paid? This comes after being so stupid that I would agree to be paid when paid in the first place.   I just received a query from "FacilitySource" to become a contractor. They have just been consumed by CBRE (Coldwell Banker Richard Ellis), a large player in the real estate/ real estate management area. I received a solicitation sheet from them and I won't even insult the intelligence of those on this venue by posting it.   The response section was very definite but the payment portion was somewhere out in the Cosmos. You could  be  paid only if they got paid and then pay you at some mysterious date in the future. They had a list of discounts that they wanted to take under circumstances that were totally unverifiable. You also had to sign away all rights as a contractor while shielding them from everything. Incredible............   But if I were to sign this nonsense, I would be getting exactly what I deserve.   Just for the record, they intimated that they wanted me to provide service to Lowe's, along with some other familiar major accounts in my area.   I politely refused the offer but thought to myself that if a person made me an offer like this to my face I would have dispensed justice with a broken car antenna right on the spot.   Peace out!  
    • Here is a " National " Maintenance Co that sent me a request to work for them. I read their contract and it included payment statements stating they will only pay their contractors if they get paid by their customers. Also included was a Hold Harmless Insurance Policy covering everyone  And no legal actions can be taken against the National or the end customer  Plus a lot of other nonsense    When I asked why would anyone want to work with your company knowing that you do not pay until you are paid ? I also asked how do we know if you are paid or not paid from your customer ? Here is the answer sent to me                  Hello,   I will take you out of our system. The only reason we wait until the client pays us ( like every other maintenance company that isn’t upfront with you about it ) is because we are nationwide and all through Canada. If we paid every technician before getting paid we would be out of business. That would be millions we would have to lay out.   Thank you!   Dominique DiPalo Vendor Relations RKB Maintenance Solutions 330 Motor Parkway, Suite 306 Hauppauge, NY 11788 P:  516-612-7821 x 413| F: 516-706-1393 E:  DDiPalo@rkb247.com | W: www.rkb247.com
    • This is a first ever trial run.  Use link below or use the main horizontal menu header above "PHOTO COMPETITION"  http://www.thesignsyndicate.com/forums/index.php?/competition/   The rules are simple. One entry per member, up to 8 votes per member.  Please don't search the internet for pictures, please use your own that you captured around town or during a job.  It's the first and a trial run, we'll figure out a 1st place price.    This ends August 8th 2019   Please do not Photoshop pictures.     The Contest: FUNNIEST SIGN PHOTO   This is the Funniest Sign Photo "Contest" that has to do with a sign in the photo.  The way it looks, the content, the shape it is in, or perhaps something that happened to it.  No Photo shopping.  Please no searching the internet for photos, it should be your own that you captured around town
  • Best Sellers

• Recent Product Reviews