ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

Signs of The Times - August 2011

Erik Sine

I don't know how these articles become newsworthy these days in the Community Organizers brochure magazine.

I guess anyone that writes a LED article it gets published, as a marketing statement, something that is executed but never explained. Neon only gets reported in the Brochure magazine if it's a restoration job, or if it's a poke about mercury in a tube, or something reported in his brother's museum. Ever see a article on improved Neon or Fluorescent lamp technology? Or re-engineering or an old job but retrofitted with newer technology of like products? Nope. These articles that are submitted to the Community Organizer are tossed in the waste basket, or put on definite hold like that boat that never makes it to port, for the time being where he can promote and market his advertisers.

So here we have...

Strictly Electric "Carbon Neutral",Solar-powered signage requires planning perseverance By Ken Naasz

Now, no knocking Sign Factory, they do beautiful work and they were asked to do a job, and they have to run a business and turn a profit. This article could have been more written about the job being done, fabrication & installation. But because of the Community Organizers advertisers we have to throw in the communist/environmentalist propaganda of "Carbon Neutral", better for the environment marketing let's spend your tax dollars or alumni dollars so we all "feel better" routine.

Sign Factory may be on the same page with Jacob's Engineering and George Lim "forward thinking". That's not known. But what is carbon neutral about the production of solar panels? LEDs produced overseas in places like china that have coal plants? This is like money laundering, but we'll call it "Green" laundering, make a mess somewhere else then bring it to America and say it's a satin white sheet.

This solar powered sign will require less maintenance than a conventional sign hooked up to the grid? Really, with batteries and all, and panel replacement? Care to explain that one, or is it just "never explained" marketing put out by Jacob's Engineering / EGDG? I know this is a college, and their an academic, with academic thinking instead of real world solutions, but did this make them easy pray. What could have been floating around in that board?

Maybe this is on solar power because there is no primary to those locations? If so, that would be a better selling point rather than to something fictional.

Hopefully someone from this site who is near this location can take some night shots, because none of those were provided, or what I would call legitimate anyway. The ones provided like over exposed with the slow shutter. Retake in a year form now. Obviously Jacob's isn't from the Seattle area, but ever see what solar sources are like at night when the daytime was cloudy or overcast? Ever been to Seattle at all? I have, the suicide rate is very high there, probably because it's so gloomy. I was there when shipping some signs over from San Diego for a major restaurant. I was there a couple times in that time period in the summertime. In all those days it was cloudy. One day I was smack dap downtown strolling the streets when all of a sudden the clouds broke and it was like the hand of god coming down from the skies, I kid you not, well that's how everyone reacted in the sleepy city. The rays of light blasted through the clouds for a brief time and the whole city seemed to stop, traffic came to a crawl. People came out of the buildings and heads poked out of the vehicles to get a glimpse of what sunlight is like.

post-3-0-29667200-1311270129.jpg

After 10 minutes, the light once again was cast away by the clouds, the city resumed.

It sounds like some wonderful work went into this project, but it's just another bad "hug a tree" mentality marketing article. The environmental good for the earth is what killed this article for me.

We need to see better articles with real facts, instead of the typical brochure details. Under budget, maybe. If running primary wasn't an issue maintenance would be a lot less, and no doubt a much brighter sign for over the years, even on those cloudy days.

It's in print, so it must be true.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

95% of the people pushing the enviro propaganda to boost sales couldn't care less about the environment. It's all about money and how to squeeze as much of it out of the hands of their gullible misinformed clientele as possible.

Its a shame that the SOT refuses to identify this problem and has sold their soul to the almighty LED dollar.

95% of the people pushing the enviro propaganda to boost sales couldn't care less about the environment. It's all about money and how to squeeze as much of it out of the hands of their gullible misinformed clientele as possible.

Its a shame that the SOT refuses to identify this problem and has sold their soul to the almighty LED dollar.

Oh no, the Community Organizer is now championing the thought and ideology of UL Green Leaf along with ISA to prove/disprove fictitious marketing claims, statements, Green this and that with fuzzy math figures from companies with nothing more than MORE unproven fictitious standards coming from UL Green Leaf. Or as they say "Green Washing", or what I call Green Laundering, in otherwords, using a bullshitter to judge another bullshitter. Who and what can you believe, can't feel sorry for the "Sucker(s)" companies that pay, to wear the filthy leaf just to prove your bullshit.

The Environmental & safety product movement pays, so he has his hand out.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill