ELECTRIC SIGN SUPPLIES
If You're Looking For Premium Electric Sign Industry Components From Trim Cap, LED's, Neon Supplies, Power Supplies, Pattern Paper.  Then Please Visit Our Online Store or Feel Free To Call Us For Inquiries or Placing an Order!!
Buy Now

SIGN INSTALLER MAP
Looking for a fellow Sign Syndicate Company Member For A Sign Install or Maintenance Call?
Click Here

For Sign Company's Who Work As Subcontractors
Before You Work For A National Sign & Service Company You Need To Look At The Reviews Of These Companies Before You Work For Them. Learn When To Expect Payment From Them and What It's Like To Work For Them, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Learn and Share Your Experiences Yourself For Others

Click Here

TV Show "The PROFIT" - Sign Company

paul321

I pulled it up on youtube and watched the 15 min clip they had of it.........thoughts? Anyone know the store owner? Family and Friends through him under the bus.

Oh boy......that was a train wreck!

I don't even know what to make of it being such a short 40 min episode but that had "difficulty" written all over it. Why he even asked for help is beyond me. Having him as a business partner or as a boss would tip me over the edge.

He just didn't know when to stay out of certain situations, and when he kept butting in....damn! Not sure what to make of the girlfriend relationship, that's just weird her having no real security.

Biggest thing that comes to my mind to sum it all up is "Poor Attitude"

But all that for just $2k a month in rent??? Damn where can I get something like that???

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Oh boy......that was a train wreck!

I don't even know what to make of it being such a short 40 min episode but that had "difficulty" written all over it. Why he even asked for help is beyond me. Having him as a business partner or as a boss would tip me over the edge.

He just didn't know when to stay out of certain situations, and when he kept butting in....damn! Not sure what to make of the girlfriend relationship, that's just weird her having no real security.

Biggest thing that comes to my mind to sum it all up is "Poor Attitude"

But all that for just $2k a month in rent??? Damn where can I get something like that???

this guy really was a mess and way beyond Mr. Lemonis`s help ...

The way he communicates with the customers, not necessarily everyone´s cup of tea I guess. Also his own production manager making fun of his ASL shirt .. that´s something you definitely want to avoid.

sure it´s good to have some good ol` dose of self-confidence but you should never overestimate that attribute of yours, else its gonna get you in trouble one day, no matter what business you are into ...

• !llumenati

What a disappointment. This is the person and company that I stay clear of. He is a total asshole. Gives all the real sign people a bad rep. He has no interest in the sign industry or for the long run.

What does he bring to the table ? Nothing. He is not a businessman, clearly can't design, build or install. Has no clue. Where did he get his training or skills from ?

Hes a wannabe.....The only thing this guy is missing is a beer and mullet hair.

I have done 2 sign projects for "The Profit" You need to know everythig, do everything and work to their schedule and deliver on their time. Its all about being a professional

• Board Patron

WOW! What a trip... First off, the owner came off as a D Bag. Seems like he'd be one if he was a fry cook at Mc Donalds. But I do realize TV production can make you look better or worse. It's how they want to edit the content.

Secondly, I say they're full of shit on their financials. How do you not put in a loan of over 200k for start up, on your P/L summary? That being said, they say they have money in the bank. Why would his dad still be paying 1/2 of the 2K a month rent? Makes no sense..

Full service fabrication? Where? That whole place can't be 4K sq. ft. Sure they can assemble LED channel letters. So can a bunch of hacks in their garage.

ASL- American Sign Legion? Shit, that made me laugh...That's one dude who has a screw loose.

Check out their FB link. Scroll down...This is not how you Rappel! OSHA would have a field day with these pics!

https://www.facebook.com/aslservices/photos_stream

I think I've lost all faith in MC Sign Company if this is true... I have a feeling, they partner with other companies, where they spend his yearly gross. But I could be wrong...

MC Sign Company truly appreciates all the hard work provided by our vendors. In an effort to recognize those vendors that go above and beyond, we’ve decided to put it to a vote amongst our company’s employees to see who they feel is the MVP of vendors. MC Sign works with more than a thousand field partners in any given year. After putting it to a vote…
ASL SIGN SERVICE & REPAIR WAS VOTED AS THE WINNER!
I wanted to personally thank you for your company’s hard work and dedication. It truly is appreciated and does not go unnoticed.MC Sign Company link http://aslservicesmb.com/testimonials-myrtle-beach-signs/

This all being said. I've never watched the Profit. Or tune to CSNBC. So I doubt this show will damage his rep anymore than he could do to himself.

LoL, he was trying to muscle in on your territory Paul!! :Mafia:

I didn't have a whole lot of time to comment last night but going back to his sales call at the Pirates cove resort thingy. You don't show up at a sales call with a tank top on, period. You don't even show with a T-Shirt. What a putz! The way he talks to clients he sounds like a money grubbing used cars salesman. Something tells me his margin numbers aren't accurate, I have a feeling things may even be left out such as his dad etc. I just have a feeling.

I thought it was hilarious that the profit guy walked away, and with 20 minutes left on the show they went to some other past shows, THAT was funny.

I did leave the show with a bad taste in my mouth that he gave our industry a very bad name, and a very poor showing with very little portrayal of dedication and integrity. The old man even had a few horrid looks like "What the hell did I get myself into"

Oh and on their facebook page, they just couldn't wait to be viewed on "The Profit", wow.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

WOW!! I went back and watched the whole episode on youtube (wasn't up when I looked the first time) That guy is out of this world, I like to think I know it all every now and again and every day life shows me how much I don't know, but man this guy needs a life changing experience and I don't think that qualifies. What a sad excuse for a person, I feel bad for his whole crew and the most for his "girl friend".

• 5 weeks later...
  • Board Patron

First all 1000's and 1000's of sign companies and I have yet to see a corporate jet. This is not he business to get "rich" in. A whole bunch of folks that are much smart and have much more experience struggle to even make it work in the long term. Looking at his FB page pictures the trucks dont have DOT #s and looks like the service tech/ installers never use a harness. I also agree that they made no mention of UL also. Not drawing a salary WTF?

As for the so called 45 dollar sign that worth 450 I cry BS That may be true and swell for TV but that did not count real overhead and payroll not to mention equipment cost. If you made 300-400 a day it may be possible but if that what was all that was sold in a day they lost money.

I am going out on a limb as I have never seen the show before that they need some businesses that he does not invest in or have the type of drama that in makes interesting TV. BTW 3 sales people should be on the pace of 3 mil a year to earn their keep. unless all of the employees get not much more than min wage or work for free the sales of 600k cant support it even with Daddy kicking in bucks every month. Sorry to sound harsh but dayuuuum.